The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Sapphires would be more appropriate for a boy, anyway.
Today people associate blue with boys and pink with girls,but if we look back in European history it was rather the other way around:-)
There was a time when all babies were dressed regardless of the gender,but than it became fashionable to use blue for girls and pink or red for boys while today most people associate "pink" with girls!
(An enlightening article on baby colours and the history behind it:The Straight Dope: Was pink originally the color for boys and blue for girls?)

I guess that the pink diamond story is not true,since a) nobody from William´s inner circle would talk to the press and
b) if he had indeed chosen to give her such a precious gift we would see it on Catherine first before the magazines can write about it. Something with sapphire would be indeed a great choice, because it looks so beautiful on Catherine and she seems to like the stone a lot!

Let´s wait to be surprised by William´s choice of gift for Catherine,I am sure it will be something pretty:-)

. Helen Keller
Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I wonder if the earrings which Kate wore for the christening had any special significance - have we seen them before?
Those are her Kiki McDonough citrine drops, she wore many times before. She had those since 2009 or 2010.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...size=530%2C414

Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you. It does make me think they may have some sentimental reason for appearing at the Christening.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I do wish Catherine would now start to wear a bit more real jewellery on a regular basis.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do wish Catherine would now start to wear a bit more real jewellery on a regular basis.
I agree - her outfit is crying out for pearl earrings. !!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
Those are her Kiki McDonough citrine drops, she wore many times before. She had those since 2009 or 2010.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...size=530%2C414
Wow! Beautiful!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Im afraid we will never see any of Diana's jewels. The Duchess just continues to disappoint me in the jewelry dept. I know its not her thing, but I was so hoping that this kind of event would have her wearing something of Diana's. Pearls would have been so perfect and Diana had some gorgeous ones..
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Courtier

At a gala she did wore new ring, however no good close ups available.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she has studied the divine Coco Channel:

"It’s always better to be slightly underdressed"

"Nothing makes a woman look older than obvious expensiveness and complication. "

"Adornment is never anything except a reflection of the heart."
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree it is time to wear some simple jewellry and not appear to be so afraid to make the stand that she is wife and mother of future kings and with that comes a certain "status" if you will that none of us here have... the Queen though gracious has the this and Kate needs to start at some point to develop beyond this her current I am just like the rest of you ... which she is not ... I know will take time but wearing jewels that have a certain meaning either historically or otherwise is a good start IMO only ... she has to start somewhere. IMO
Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Courtier

With her hair down, too much jewllery wouldn't look good imho. For me, less is more.
BUT if she would finally do some nice updo, necklace of either pearls, diamonds or sapphires would work.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Perhaps she has studied the divine Coco Channel:

"It’s always better to be slightly underdressed"

"Nothing makes a woman look older than obvious expensiveness and complication. "

"Adornment is never anything except a reflection of the heart."
True, but did you ever see a photo of Coco, she loved jewels and was usually covered in them
Old 10-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Well, Im afraid we will never see any of Diana's jewels. The Duchess just continues to disappoint me in the jewelry dept. I know its not her thing, but I was so hoping that this kind of event would have her wearing something of Diana's. Pearls would have been so perfect and Diana had some gorgeous ones..
How true; I could just envision the magnificent pearl and sapphire choker of Diana's worn with the deep blue evening gown at the gala; the color and neckline would have showcased it so well. That is, if this piece is even in Kate's collection and it may be awhile before it's worn, if ever.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

I am amazed. At both the SportAid event and Christening, Kate wore something I've never seen on her before and I'm shocked no one has said anything about. That would be a lovely watch w/a really pretty golden metal band to it.

I've been waiting for someone to say something about it and just surprised no one has.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

That watch looks like her Gucci watch which she has had for some time, but these are the only occsions Ive seen her wear it since she got married.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

She wore a watch to the marathon in Anglesey, her very first appearance after the birth. I think it's the same one.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
She wore a watch to the marathon in Anglesey, her very first appearance after the birth. I think it's the same one.
To keep track of the sleep she was NOT getting, I'm sure.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^Or to hurry back for the next feeding.....
Old 12-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my word, I'm fangirling so hard right now. The Lotus Tiara!!!!!! I'm just chuffed to bits that its still with the BRF and not in Viscount Linleys loose fingers. She looks marvelous as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...am-Palace.html
Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so excited that she is wearing a tiara! Especially the Lotus tiara! Just absolutely stunning.