ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook
Also her sapphire earrings
ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook
New earrings I wasn't able to ID yet:
Kate's UFO jewelry | Facebook
And as for State Dinner, two new pieces from Catherine Zoraida
bracelet ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook
earrings: ID's on Duchess of Cambridge jewellery. | Facebook

If you join my FB page you will know all the details. As I post what kind of jewellery she wears at every event. Hope it's OK to post it here.

Dear Annaelfka - thanks so much. This is great.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Majesty

Thank you as always, for sharing the pictures. The earrings are lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Courtier

You are welcome! Today Duchess wore her Kiki Grace earrings.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I love all the earrings, especially the first two pairs (with the baroque pearls and the sapphire ones - so beautiful and elegant!). The bracelet is not my cup of tea though.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

I think I am right in saying that during the recent tour in which they were officially representing the Queen, Kate didn't wear any jewels which were either borrowed from the Queen or what we might know as having been "in the family". (Unlike on the Candian tour). I think this is rather sad and a little strange - I guess they would have been made available, so I wonder why we didn't get to see any. On a Jubilee tour I would have thought that this would have been the case.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

I was wondering the same thing
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Catherine doesn't strike me as a jewel lover. At least she doesn't seem like she like big jewels. I was hoping she'd get to wear something of the Queen's on this tour as well.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

There wern't exactly a lot of "jewel" events on this tour. Even the state dinners were pretty dressed down affairs so not much occassion to throw on the diamonds even if she had wanted to.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
There wern't exactly a lot of "jewel" events on this tour. Even the state dinners were pretty dressed down affairs so not much occassion to throw on the diamonds even if she had wanted to.
Yes that's true but I thought there might have been a nod to her hosts by wearing something significant such as a previous gift to the Queen from these countries. There were some new jewels on display but none of them from "the vaults". I'm still a little puzzled that not even a bracelet or pair of earrings might have been considered suitable.
I think my point is part of a bigger moan which is reflected in other people's comments in the general royal jewel thread. Why when there are so many wonderful jewels in the various royal collections do we so rarely see them? I don't think the austerity argument is valid as the jewels are already there, and it is what people want to see. Perhaps in some cases it's the cost of altering them to suit today's style.
Costume jewellery is fine but not for all occasions.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, Catherine should have worn some "real" jewels for the dinner with the Malaysian royal family. I am sure something suitable could have been found that would match well with her gown that evening.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the austerity argument is valid. The BRF do not want to be seen to be flaunting their inherited wealth at a time like this, which is very tough in the UK. Where the jewels came from is irrelevant really, in fact the idea of having at your disposal millions of pounds' worth of jewellery that you did nothing to earn yourself would probably go down even worse than wearing something you bought personally.

I just get the feeling, too, that the British royal ladies just can't be bothered with all the hassle of picking jewellery, having the Queen sign off on it, matching it to outfits, transporting it on numerous flights with all the risks that go with it, then getting your tiara hair figured out, which is just too much of a faff whilst on an overseas tour in a challenging climate without a dresser to help you. I can see why she'd go for some simpler, more straightforward pieces tbh.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I think the austerity argument is valid.
You're right but IMO, it will always be 'austere times' for some people and the people of Britain appear to complain about this sort of thing more so than other countries with royal families.

For me it is a shame because so much of the pageantry of the monarchy, involves the wearing of jewels and tiaras haha.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes that's true but I thought there might have been a nod to her hosts by wearing something significant such as a previous gift to the Queen from these countries.
If these countries gave gifts to The Queen, they were gifts to Her Majesty not to Catherine. To see Catherine wearing them when she's not even the wife of the heir wouldn't be right for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Why when there are so many wonderful jewels in the various royal collections do we so rarely see them? I don't think the austerity argument is valid as the jewels are already there, and it is what people want to see. Perhaps in some cases it's the cost of altering them to suit today's style.
Costume jewellery is fine but not for all occasions.
The austerity argument in always valid whilst Queen Elizabeth is Queen. Please remember that the tone of the engagements and dinners attended by William and Catherine on this tour were dictated by their hosts. If Catherine turned up to a dinner wearing a strapless dress, wedges and the lovers knot tiara she'd look a bit out of place.

EIIR made the most valid point as to not wearing big jewellery, the weather. I struggled to wear a necklace in Malaysia let alone some massive earrings and a tiara.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
You're right but IMO, it will always be 'austere times' for some people and the people of Britain appear to complain about this sort of thing more so than other countries with royal families.

For me it is a shame because so much of the pageantry of the monarchy, involves the wearing of jewels and tiaras haha.
I think the public is fine with the heritage jewelry on the older royals. It shows a nod to tradition without additional expenditure.

New gems poke at the austerity issue. That or they imply someone is beholden for an outrageous gift from a oil or jewel rich nation outside the Commonwealth. We are not amused by either.

And some of the new jewels are a visual train wreck with an honor sash or next to a Royal Family Order. Maybe if Queen Elizabeth II upgrades her Order to the Warhol version she just purchased... But back to my point.

Even when you look at recent jewelry gifts to the queen for the jubilee, there is a notable decrease in splendor of the various brooches of late.

One other issue might be out there. At least in the states, bling has become almost de rigueur for weddings, proms, sweet 16s, etc. Everyone is wearing tiaras and parure suites - paste of course. But for a royal look it means there is a lot less special about the look of a tiara event. It makes it somehow more playing dress up than regal.

We Americans spoil everything.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

We Americans spoil everything.
They haven't spoiled anything m'dear Royals are the only ones who can do tiaras, jewels and parues properly. A sweet 16 with a push in tiara, just doesn't do it for me.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Gentry

I think the austerity definitely factored into it. But also, consider that the jewels Kate borrowed for the Canadian tour were gifts from Canada to HM. If Tuvalu had given HM a brooch of course we would have seen it on Kate. But to dig out random pieces unrelated to the destination countries would be more hassle than payoff - like previously mentioned, getting the pieces signed off and packed for travel, and then once they're here, without the whole "oh, what a lovely gesture" thing, it's just shinys with a bunch of paperwork.

And in austerity, we may love shinys, but the press love to hate shinys.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Courtier

According to rumours Harry also inherited pieces of Diana's jewelry. In fact the brothers both inherited so we can safely assume we will see Diana's jewels again on Kate and her future sister-in-law in the years to come.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCVO View Post
I think the austerity definitely factored into it. But also, consider that the jewels Kate borrowed for the Canadian tour were gifts from Canada to HM. .
Actually the diamond Maple Leaf brooch Catherine borrowed was not a gift from Canada. GVI had it made as a gift for his wife.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Serene Highness

I“d like to know, who inherited Diana“s favourite pearl necklace with the large sapphire. Due to the engagement ring and the earrings worn by Kate today already I assumed, this wen to William/Kate as well. Courious to see, when we will see that one the first time again.
Bye Bine
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Courtier

November 20,2010 :
PRINCE William could face a £28,000 tax bill after giving fiancee Kate Middleton the ring he inherited from his mother Princess Diana.

Tax experts warned yesterday that he had fallen into the same trap as his father Prince Charles, who gave the late Queen Mother’s engagement ring to Camilla in 2005.
Diana’s ring has increased in value so much that the capital gains tax bill for passing on a family heirloom could come to as much as its original 1981 price tag of £28,000.
Mike Truman, editor of Taxation Magazine, said: “It’s something that people aren’t generally aware of but it’s a transaction that gives rise to capital gains tax consequences. A number of items which have been sold since Diana’s death have fetched far more than their estimates. That suggests that the ring has increased in value significantly.
“It’s a bit ghoulish but there is a capital gains liability on the difference between its current value and its probate value when it was inherited.
“If it is was worth about £150,000 for probate and about £250,000 now, Prince William could be facing a £28,000 capital gains tax bill, which would be payable in January 2012.”
William could only avoid the 28 per cent tax by making the gift conditional so it must be returned if the marriage were to be called off.
Diana ring and a £28,000 tax bill? | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express-