Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been an on-going discussion about Diana's sapphires over on RJWMB for several months. The latest consensus is that Diana owned a pair of cabochon sapphire & diamond cluster earrings before she was married (pictured in the red "clown neck" portrait from the engagement period). She then received the Saudi suite which had multiple sapphire & diamond clusters in earrings, bracelet, and a watch that she played with in different settings/arrangements including once wearing a pair of earrings with one cluster on the lobe and three hanging below. There was a separate set of sapphires with diamond "starbursts" as well from a different set. There's a lot of sapphires there for Catherine and the future Princess Harry to play with.

The details provided don't convince me that Catherine is wearing Diana's saphirres.
I agree with the posters who state that Diana's look like cachoban and also that Catherine's setting, and diamonds, and saphire look much older.
The Daily Mail should not be used as a source, neither should suppositions simply because they seem likely or convenient.
They look different to me.

I do believe those are the Saudi earrings Catherine is wearing. I think it would be nice is she wore more of the pieces which are very nice.

I do believe those are the Saudi earrings Catherine is wearing. I think it would be nice is she wore more of the pieces which are very nice.

The Saudi sapphires are huge stones. Catherine is wearing small cabochons surrounded by diamonds, which are tiny compared to the carats used even in the watch bracelet from the original parure.

The earrings may very well be modified pieces from Diana's collection, but they are not the Saudi stones.

Yes they are, but this girl should be rocking some more serious rocks that are (unlikely) just gathering dust in an air raid shelter. With the security are her, they are not getting stolen or lost.

I wish she brought out her diamond bracelet at least to have worn with the blue dress at the NPG appearance the other night, or at least some other statement piece.

What statement pieces does she have.....we don't know if she has any apart from the Cartier necklace and the ruby and diamond swag she wore to the Millies.

She doesnt have access to the jewel vaults. For official visits such as Canada she got the Maple Leaf Brooch; but all the female royals get that on loan for that visit.

I think that we wont see the "biamonds" until the first state visit banquet which she and william attend (maybe W-A and Maxima?) and then it will be the Scroll tiara and maybe a necklace (on loan).

Then either her diamond bracelet or Cartier necklace would do as her statement piece. The ruby and diamond necklace she wore for the Warhorse premiere would definitely do as well, for the time being.

Last edited:
I think back at the time she did, there was a lot of comment at the expense of the necklace and she may have just retired it.

Last edited:
:previous: It would also look weird on a 38 pound high street dress! :whistling:

OK, then perhaps it should only be dragged out every four years for the Olympics.

Last edited:
When she wore it people clutched their pearls that she had something so expensive and criticized her for it. When she doesn't wear it, people clutch their pearls and criticize that she's so inconsiderate to wear a cheap dress but not expensive jewelry to accessorize. Perhaps she knows she can't win and just doesn't give a flying flip. She'll never be able to wear anything without the price tag being splashed on the front of a website/newspaper/magazine.

I know that in the past Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings have been debated, but IMO the earrings Diana is wearing in photo #2 (beautiful and big) and not the one's Catherine is wearing (beautiful and smaller) The size of the sapphire is very different.

I'd take either tho' :)

Some sparklers worn by the Duchess of Cambridge at the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation Service at Westminster Abbey

Bracelet & engagement ring
Bracelet

Earrings
thumbnail images form closely cropped portions of much larger photographs

Attachments

• Catherine earrings.jpg
    Catherine earrings.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 742
  • Catherine bracelet 1.jpg
    Catherine bracelet 1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Catherine bracelet 2.jpg
    Catherine bracelet 2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,272
Don't really like those earrings but that bracelet is very beautiful.

Has anyone seen a photo of Kate wearing her wedding day acorn earrings again?

Nice Bracelet. Pretty soon she's going to be ready to put her shoes off and feet up until the baby comes, so bring on the bling until then!

Ni I haven't. They went on display last year at BP, not seen since

No. Those were seen only on her wedding day.

It's good to see her sparkle like a princess! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom