Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the pics from Kate's visit to the scout camp today and I'm surprised she's wearing her engagement ring, particularly as she is certainly getting stuck in with things making dough. I actually like the way Kate wears this lovely ring all the time, but I think on this occasion I might have left it at home.

:previous:
Dear God no the media will speculate if she left it at home. The rumor mill will go in overdrive. :whistling:

Richard Palmer said she was using the ring to make her bread twist shape look better and was getting a laugh out of it.
I'm sure someone will clean it when she gets home :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an unwritten rule that public figures can't be seen in public without engagement/wedding rings unless they want to fuel the separation/divorce/on the rocks rumours.

It's an unwritten rule that public figures can't be seen in public without engagement/wedding rings unless they want to fuel the separation/divorce/on the rocks rumours.

she could have worn her wedding band without the engagement ring without rumours starting I'm sure. I remember that on informal occasions, such as polo matches, Diana would often substitute her wedding band and engagement ring for a gold Russian "wedding"ring which was lighter and easier to wear.

My mum wears her engagement ring every day, except when she's in the shower. She wears it while gardening, cooking, doing the dishes etc. etc. She always says she just feels better when she wears it.

I simply love the green earrings. They went quite lovely with the green coat-dress.

The emerald and diamond earrings she wore for the St. Patrick's day events...are they the same as the sapphire and diamond earrings she's worn before? Is the sapphire removable for other stones or are they two different pairs of earrings?

What Kate Wore says they're different and that she wore the emerald earrings before, to the natural history museum

As for emerald earrings Kate has worn them only twice so far. They weren't ID.
I believe they were made for her. As they are really small and delicate.
As for her sapphires, those 2 pairs are deffinitely different. But most likely came from the same jeweller.
Emeralds:
Kate's UFO jewelry | Facebook

Sapphires:

As for emerald earrings Kate has worn them only twice so far. They weren't ID.
I believe they were made for her. As they are really small and delicate.
As for her sapphires, those 2 pairs are deffinitely different. But most likely came from the same jeweller.
Emeralds:

Sapphires:

Anna - the sapphires look like there are lever backs, do you agree? Do you think the emerald pair are as well? TNX

Anna - the sapphires look like there are lever backs, do you agree? Do you think the emerald pair are as well? TNX
Yes sapphires are deffinitely with leverback, as for emeralds, they look like studs to me (upper part is a stud).

I think Catherine now have the Saudi Arabian Diamonds and Sapphire Suite: Diana's Blue Stone Earrings

I think it would nice if she used other parts of the suite.

I would love for these pieces to resurface!!! :cool:

I also think Catherine have the Saudi Suite. She wear the diamond and sapphire earrings all the time.

Yes, I also think Catherine have the Saudi Suite. She wear the diamond and sapphire earrings all the time.

It has never been confirmed that the diamond and sapphire earrings that Catherine wears are derived from Diana's earrings.

The design is similar, but I think the settings on Catherine's earrings are a lot older, whilst Diana's were more contemperory. Also, cluster earrings of the type are very common, and I am sure there are a few in HMs collection from where these earrings could have been derived.

Last edited:
It has never been confirmed that the diamond and sapphire earrings that Catherine wears are derived from the Saudi sapphires that Diana had.

The design is similar, but I think the settings on Catherine's earrings are a lot older, whilst Diana's were more contemperory. Also, cluster earrings of the type are very common, and I am sure there are a few in HMs collection from where these earrings could have been derived.

I don't think she has worn the Saudi pieces yet. The earrings were large sapphires surrounded by diamonds in a starburst style to match the pendant and bracelet.

It has never been confirmed that the diamond and sapphire earrings that Catherine wears are derived from Diana's earrings.

Yes, you can clearly see Catherine are wearing the Saudi Suite earrings that Diana made from a ring and watch that came with the suite:

Diana:
Diana's Blue Stone Earrings

Fairy Tales do come True...just not for you

Catherine:
Catherine-Middleton.org ? Exquistely Kate ... Kate Middleton Pictures: Click image to close this window

Catherine-Middleton.org ? Exquistely Kate ... Kate Middleton Pictures: Click image to close this window

That proves nothing. The design of the earrings are generic enough that it's possible that they were purchased new.

That proves nothing. The design of the earrings are generic enough that it's possible that they were purchased new.

No, they are from the suite. Diana was pretty creative with the suite and played with them to fit her particular style. There are some very nice pieces in the suite, especially Oval Sapphire Chocker on the band. Of course the large Sapphire and Diamond Chocker was made from the brooch The Queen Mother gave to Diana. The brooch haven't been seen since it was returned to The Queen or Queen Mother upon Diana's passing.

I think it's very appropriate that the suite has passed down to Catherine.

Last edited:
No, they are from the suite.

I wasn't aware there has been official confirmation. Mind linking to the exact press release?

Diana was pretty creative with the suite and played with them to fit her particular style.

The point I'm making is that the style of earrings Diana created and the ones Kate wears now is nothing unique to Diana. The "central stone surrounded by diamonds" design has been popular for centuries.

There are some very nice pieces in the suite, especially Oval Sapphire Chocker on the band. Of course the large Sapphire and Diamond Chocker was made from the brooch The Queen Mother gave to Diana. The brooch haven't been seen since it was returned to The Queen or Queen Mother upon Diana's passing.

Technically, the pearl and sapphire choker is a piece separate from the Saudi suite (they were given to her by different individuals). And I thought only the Pretzel Tiara and Emerald Choker were returned to the vaults?

I wasn't aware there has been official confirmation. Mind linking to the exact press release?

The point I'm making is that the style of earrings Diana created and the ones Kate wears now is nothing unique to Diana. The "central stone surrounded by diamonds" design has been popular for centuries.

Technically, the pearl and sapphire choker is a piece separate from the Saudi suite (they were given to her by different individuals). And I thought only the Pretzel Tiara and Emerald Choker were returned to the vaults?

Quite agree with you. The desiogn of the sapphire and diamond clusters is very generic, and has been used for a long time. I am not aware of any confirmation that Catherine's earrings are derived from those of Diana's.

Posters need to accept that repeatedly stating something as fact is not really going to make it a fact.

Guys, there isn't an official press release that Catherine is wearing the Saudi Arabian Sapphire and Diamond Suite. The royals don't release statements on the jewels that's been passed down to another member of the royal family.

You can clearly see that Catherine is wearing the Saudi diamond and sapphire earrings:
THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WEARS DIANA’S SAPPHIRE EARRINGS | juliapgelardi

Image Detail for - ... The Duchess of Cambridge): Is Kate Wearing Princess Diana's Earrings

Image Detail for - Diana's Sapphire earrings are remodelled for Kate - Princess Diana ...

I know Diana didn't create anything new. What I'm saying is that Diana took apart the diamond and sapphire watch and ring and made up a new set of earrings. Catherine now wear the ones that had at least 10 or 11 diamond surrounding the sapphire.

The palace didn't release an official statement that a couple The Queen Mother's tiara's and necklaces was passed down to Camilla. It's just when you see Camilla wearing the jewels, you know they have been given to Camilla.

I just thought everyone knew that Catherine wear the Saudi Diamond & Sapphire Earrings frequently.

Last edited:
Yup- in the image detail provided there, you can count the diamonds surrounding the sapphire and see that it's the same number of diamonds.

Occam's Razor says it's probably the same set of earrings. Why on earth would they buy a new pair that's identical to the old pair, especially since Kate had already received the engagement ring that goes with the earrings?

Everyone also once said that the tiara HM wore on her wedding day was made from stones belonging to George III. I personally prefer to not jump to conclusions. I think there is at least a 50/50 chance that the earrings are brand new.

I think in that photo the light is making it look a bit different but yes Catherine is wearing the same earrings. Diana created a couple of pairs of earrings from the suite. Some of the are oval shaped or pear shaped:

Picture:
Image Detail for - DIANA AT A CHARITY CONCERT GIVEN BY PAVAROTTI

Picture:
Image Detail for - Prices Bling Jewelry Kate Middleton Diana Ring Oval Blue Sapphire ...

Diana took apart the diamond and sapphire watch from the suite and made a set of earrings from that-

Picture:
Image Detail for - ... design made from the Saudi Sapphire and Diamond Suite earrings

Last edited:
Guys, there isn't an official press release that Catherine is wearing the Saudi Arabian Sapphire and Diamond Suite. The royals don't release statements on the jewels that's been passed down to another member of the royal family.

You can clearly see that Catherine is wearing the Saudi diamond and sapphire earrings:
THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WEARS DIANA’S SAPPHIRE EARRINGS | juliapgelardi

Image Detail for - ... The Duchess of Cambridge): Is Kate Wearing Princess Diana's Earrings

Image Detail for - Diana's Sapphire earrings are remodelled for Kate - Princess Diana ...

I know Diana didn't create anything new. What I'm saying is that Diana took apart the diamond and sapphire watch and ring and made up a new set of earrings. Catherine now wear the ones that had at least 10 or 11 diamond surrounding the sapphire.

The palace didn't release an official statement that a couple The Queen Mother's tiara's and necklaces was passed down to Camilla. It's just when you see Camilla wearing the jewels, you know they have been given to Camilla.

I just thought everyone knew that Catherine wear the Saudi Diamond & Sapphire Earrings frequently.

Everyone also once said that the tiara HM wore on her wedding day was made from stones belonging to George III. I personally prefer to not jump to conclusions. I think there is at least a 50/50 chance that the earrings are brand new.

Just because something is widely reported does not make it correct. The Daily Mail has often been wrong, and very obviously so, in the case of jewellery.

As stated above, my view is that this is a very common design, and it is
quite possible that this is not the same pair - quite like Camilla has a sapphire and diamond ring that is very similar in design to Catherina and Diana's engagement ring. Camilla has not been pictured wearing the ring since she married Charles, but I am reasonably sure it is not the ring Catherine now wears.

Secondly, I think the settings of the diamond and sapphire clusters are quite different. To me, Diana's were a much more modern setting and the clusters in Catherine's earrings are a very old setting.

I'm pretty sure it's the same pair of earrings, Muriel, or possibly a re-set for Catherine. Diana created other pairs as well. I think the ones Catherine wear are the ones that are surrounded by 10 clusters, diamonds or prongs. Diana also had a pair that are surrounded by 9 diamonds and then the ones that are surrounded by 10, if I'm counting it correctly. I think the 10 cluster earrings were made from the ring that came with the suite. I think the 9 clusters came from the watch.

I'm guessing she didn't like the watch much and decided to do something different with it.

I don't know that much about jewelry so maybe someone who are very familiar with Diana's jewels can help me out on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom