The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 PM

Here's a closer look:

Catherine's Necklaces

Old 12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful jewels; I can just visualize that necklace converted to a tiara. Is there a closeup of her earrings? I read that they're part of the set.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Courtier

No they are not a part of the set. Kate has worn the earrings already several times and I just found out after checking several pictures that this is NOT the same matching bracelet she has always worn with the earrings. ( Like at Zara's wedding or at the evening reception when she stood in for Charles). So apparently the necklace which is probably a convertible tiara and the bracelet go together but NOT the earrings.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Commoner

Wow! I love seeing her in some substantial jewels. Stunning! Agree about the up do but at least her long hair is glossy and healthy.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
No they are not a part of the set. Kate has worn the earrings already several times and I just found out after checking several pictures that this is NOT the same matching bracelet she has always worn with the earrings. ( Like at Zara's wedding or at the evening reception when she stood in for Charles). So apparently the necklace which is probably a convertible tiara and the bracelet go together but NOT the earrings.
Thanks, just wanted to be sure about the earrings; I was already aware that the necklace and bracelet were a matching set. I don't see how anyone can mistake the bracelet for the other diamond one she's worn before, not just because of the inclusion of possible rubies but also the different pattern, the wider band and more openwork to it. I'm glad to see that Kate is able to wear more important pieces without being overwhelmed by them; it gives me hope that she can raid the royal vaults with more abandon in the future!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Courtier

To be honest I was one of those persons who mistook the bracelet for the one ;-) Just had to be sure and then I saw the difference.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I also thought the bracelet was a new one right away, number one its BIGGER. The necklace and matching bracelet, diamonds with ruby flowers, is very delicate.
It would be a beautiful and also delicate tiara. I can't wait to see that!
The way it lies very flat makes me think it can convert to a tiara.
Shame that her hair covered it. She could have had so many nice hairdos to allow the dress and necklace to shine. I'm imagining a very loose and puffy bun I guess you would call it, that goes beyond her shoulders. Something I've seen on queen Silvia.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

This article has the best picture I've seen of the necklace- it really is so exquisite.

Sun Military Awards: They cried with pride | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys
Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
This article has the best picture I've seen of the necklace- it really is so exquisite.

Sun Military Awards: They cried with pride | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys
Thank you for the link. That necklace is indeed gorgeous.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Really hard to get a clear look at the earrings. Kate will have to learn to tuck her hair behind one ear when she arrives at these things so the photographers can get a clear shot. Then she could bring it forward again. Now that would satisfy us I think.
Nice bit of jewellry. Can't wait to see what else she got as wedding gifts.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Royal Highness

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!! We FINALLY got to see her in some big bling! :-) Instead of endless postings about her engagement ring, sapphire earrings... lol. I have a feeling she received some major jewels from her wedding, but will take her time to trot them out for us to see.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Nobility

From Berkshire to Buckingham: Princess at the Millies: Kate Sparkles Monday Night [updated]

Here are some pretty good pictures of the necklace. Hope you like them. It is a beautiful piece.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Show us more of the wedding gifts!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry, but I hate to see her hair all entangled in the necklace. And upon further look at the closeup, you can see that those are diamond circles, not solid stones, and the diamonds/rubies are modest in size. The necklace reminds me of a modern fringe design. But this is further proof that Kate can carry larger pieces with flair and elegance.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 AM
Royal Highness

What I've read said it was "a wedding gift from a family friend who wishes to remain anonymous". I can't blame them for that. They would probably be villified, drawn & quartered in the press for the extravagence in this economy blah blah blah.

I'm happy she got some bling as wedding gifts, and she looks stunning, but the necklace leaves a little to be desired for me in the design department.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Hello

It might be a very stupid question, or already answered, but is it any special reason why Kate never wears a tiara (out of her wedding).
Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Courtier

It's a modern piece and she can carry it off. I do wish her hair had been up or just put back just so we could see the jewelry. Bit pointless wearing something so nice and hiding it.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
What I've read said it was "a wedding gift from a family friend who wishes to remain anonymous".
She does have a rather rich uncle, doesn't she? As she and William never backed down in their support of her uncle, even when he was caught in that media sting, and invited him to their wedding, I could imagine that something along the line of this jewellery could have been his wedding gift to his niece. Just speculation, but surely they don't want to have all those stories about Uncle Gary rehashed on her appearing with his wedding gift - so we'll probably never know what she got from her uncle. But we already know that her own parents gave her jewellery, so it's not so off the beaten track.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm no doubt the odd one out, but I don't like this piece at all. It's not at all attractive in design and a waste of some fairly lovely stones, imo.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have a feeling that this necklace is convertable as well. I also wonder if the ruby diamond flowers are removeable? That way she could wear pearls or diamonds or whatever with this piece, now that would be fantastic! Just a thought. Love the new pieces and I too would have loved to have seen her hair pulled back a bit to show off them even more.