Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks pretty nice in brooches. I think she should wear them often.

Kate has received several pieces of jewellery during her 2012 official visits abroad. Unfortunately, very little information is given about them. In addition, anything she received in the UK (such as presumed gifts from the Amir of Kuwait) are not mentioned.

Nevertheless, for the list of the new jewels Kate has got, have a look at this post - Jewellery Gifts Received by Female Royals in 2012.

Disregarding her wedding anniversary, Catherine's next influx of significant jewellery will be when she gives birth. It's royal tradition.

:previous:
Most of it will come from the Queen and Prince Charles, I guess, although I don't expect any major pieces just yet.
Do you think foreign royals will contribute? Princess Elizabeth received several (not very significant) jewels from foreign royals but I doubt that'll happen in our times.

Kate has received several pieces of jewellery during her 2012 official visits abroad. Unfortunately, very little information is given about them. In addition, anything she received in the UK (such as presumed gifts from the Amir of Kuwait) are not mentioned.

Nevertheless, for the list of the new jewels Kate has got, have a look at this post - Jewellery Gifts Received by Female Royals in 2012.

But did she? The Queen, Duchess of Cornwall and Sophie Wessex have received gifts. Clarence House have not mentioned gifts from the Uk - is this normal practice? Is it a separate list?

Additonal question - are gifts given generally or only those who they meet - Catherine never met theAmir of Kuwait

:previous:
To be honest, I'm not sure why the list of gifts they received in the UK was not released.

As for gifts from the Amir of Kuwait, it is a guess on my part; I have absolutely no proof of that. However, I would have been extremely surprised if the Duchess of Cornwall at least didn't receive some items of jewellery. In regards to Kate, I would say it's 50/50. Although again, this is strictly my opinion; until the list of gifts received in the UK is released, we cannot be certain of anything. Or, alternatively, we could wait until the next state visit from Kuwait: if Camilla and/or Kate (assuming they are present) wear new jewellery, it would be a safe bet to guess their origin.

As a rule, gifts are given only to those you meet on official engagements. However, the Arab/Gulf royals are very generous jewellery wise (who else would give parures to at least three separate ladies on course of a single visit?) so it's likely they didn't forget the two Heirs to the Throne and their wives.

Last edited:
Somewhere I have read that Anne received a gift from the Amir of Kuwait - and I thought Sophie. I shall see if I can find it - I may be gone for some time!

Somewhere I have read that Anne received a gift from the Amir of Kuwait - and I thought Sophie. I shall see if I can find it - I may be gone for some time!
Both Anne and Sophie (as well as the Queen) have received parures from the Amir.
Sophie's consist of a necklace, earrings and a ring. Details of Anne's parure are unknown although I'd imagine it to be along the same lines.

Have a look at the list of jewels received by Sophie, Anne, Kate and Camilla, and the list of jewels gifted to the Queen in 2012. :)

Thank you Artemesia - I'm having a bad brain day. Suffering from insomnia and haven't slept for about 30 hours so def. not thinking straight!

I think that Catherine did not receive a gift from the Amir - they never met. Otherwise it would have been in one of the lists.

Just read on Richard Palmer's (Daily Express) twitter page that CP/SJP do not issue lists of UK gifts. Why not????

Today the Duchess of Cambridge has worn a new golden ring on her right hand. At first I've tought it was her wedding ring, but in the picture you can see that the wedding ring is on her left hand near the engagement ring as usual.
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Visits Hope House

This website has a close up and says its not new. I'm duplicating the discussion from the clothes forum, so apologies for that

Duchess Kate

You are right Anna the ring is not new. I remember Kate wearing the ring a lot in her early twenties.

I'm thinking the flower necklace might be garnets, her birthstone. :)

She used to wear a watch in the early days of her courtship - but never since she got married.

I bet not wearing a watch was a suggestion from HM. Someone will always have the time. If she is seen looking at her watch, it will be seen as not liking her public duties, or some other non-sense. It is almost sub-conscious to look at your watch. You do it without thinking. It is logical not to wear one until you can know the right and wrong time to look at it. Smart move on her part.

A lot of people no longer wear watches because they can check the time on their phones. I believe HM does actually wear a watch.

Right, her majesty does. I bet she doesn't look at it when someone is speaking. That would make for a bad photo op.

She Probably doesn't need a watch on public engagements she is told and taken where she needs to be.

The Duchess has worn a new pair ofdiamond and citrine earrings from Kiki McDonough yesterday in Cheltenham
What Kate Wore

I wonder how long she'll continue to wear such high heels.

LaRae

What Kate Wore identified them as emeralds, and said she's worn them before. They're quite nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
do we know anything about the emeralds? I don't remember her wearing them before

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom