The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure its possible to get bored wearing real gems.....hehe! I think it would bump up the Duchess style if she had some better jewels. Since she seems to have such weeney bitty taste in jewelry anyway, the real thing would look much better.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Courtier

If you don't like Catherine earrings, you can grap a pair that is quite similar, for a bit less than $2.000
Honora Pearl and Diamond Drop Earrings

Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Every time she wears costume jewelry, I die a little inside.

Come on, Kate. THINK OF US COMMONERS. We HAVE to wear fake stuff, the least you can do is trot out the good jewels so we can live vicariously through the royal jewels.

This... this is unacceptable to me.
My thought are on the same lines. I wouldn't say I die a little inside, I would say I lose a little more interest.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Courtier

I actually liked her drop pearl earrings even if the pearls and the diamonds are not genuine, but the material is silver, so they are not a cheap pair.

There are many royal women who wear some very expensive parures which costed millions of $, and they looked cheap and even not half good as Kate in her 50ú earrings.

Why some people are complaining, some said before that Kate has no personality as she's just the mannequin of Diana's jewels, here's the proof she's not, no woman would dare to wear offrable jewels with designer's clothes if she had no personality, also nobody even noticed if the stones were genuine or not when we have seen Kate pictures, so that means she got a refined taste.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Sephora I totally agree.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

i don't know if this has been said yet but princess diana liked to mix them around with the will ones
Old 06-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Also nobody even noticed if the stones were genuine or not when we have seen Kate pictures
I beg to differ, there are people like me who did notice but didn't write a post in the first place. But I agree with Sephora, if Kate feels comfortable wearing "paste" jewellery then who am I to disagree ?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Bored with wearing diamonds? Not in my book; I have a pair of genuine diamond solitaires that I wear very frequently. But naturally, it's always nice to mix it up as well.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I actually liked her drop pearl earrings even if the pearls and the diamonds are not genuine, but the material is silver, so they are not a cheap pair.

There are many royal women who wear some very expensive parures which costed millions of $, and they looked cheap and even not half good as Kate in her 50ú earrings.

Why some people are complaining, some said before that Kate has no personality as she's just the mannequin of Diana's jewels, here's the proof she's not, no woman would dare to wear offrable jewels with designer's clothes if she had no personality, also nobody even noticed if the stones were genuine or not when we have seen Kate pictures, so that means she got a refined taste.

I completely agree with this.
If we'd been told the earrings came from the Queen's vault and were last seen worn by Queen Alexandra at a state banquet, everyone would be impressed and nobody would be the wiser!

But now that it's been established that they are faux, suddenly they are cheap-looking and lowering the tone of the monarchy?

I love jewelery and wear both genuine and costume (as did Princess Diana, I might add). It's all a matter of what's becoming to the outfit.

(With pearls, it is especially difficult to tell real from fake).
Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

A lot of the other royal ladies wear costume jewelry. I don't see why it's a problem. If they were all wearing jewels from De Beer's or Mikimoto people would be screaming "Foul! They are spending too much!"
Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

The objective for any women is to wear the jewelry in a way that makes people think it's real. Catherine did this. We all assumed they were real until we foudn out otherwise.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

The duchess today has worn again her diamond and sapphire earrings from Princess Diana:
Risultato della ricerca immagini di Google per http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02247/kate-duchess-notti_2247231b.jpg
Old 06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They're not from Diana. They were worn by her and given to Catherine presumably by William.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Gentry

I don't think Alyend meant they were given by Diana. We all are aware they were most likely given to her by William.
Wonderful to see Diana's earrings again. Kate looks lovely in them and I hope to see her wearing much more of the jewelry we associate so fondly with his wonderful mother. I'd love to see some of Diana's costume pieces on Catherine as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It's really lovely to see the earrings again and I hope Kate wears these more often. The sapphires are really a beautiful color in closeup and went so well with her attire.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Majesty

I really love those earrings. So happy to see her wearing them. They go great with the outfit too, since she's wearing blue.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Such stunning sapphire earrings!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch View Post
I don't think Alyend meant they were given by Diana. We all are aware they were most likely given to her by William.
Yes Lmarch, you've understood me right. Sorry for my bad english!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They're not from Diana. They were worn by her and given to Catherine presumably by William.
Actually, I do not believe these earrings were worn by Diana at all. Diana had similar ones, but the setting was a little different. I think these may have emerged from the BP vaults, or may have been acquired for Catherine by either William or C&C.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

Actually, I do not believe these earrings were worn by Diana at all. Diana had similar ones, but the setting was a little different. I think these may have emerged from the BP vaults, or may have been acquired for Catherine by either William or C&C.
Even better :)