Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A bit clearer view of the earrings:
- Front view
- Side view

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	285063  

Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

They're very lovely, and I hope it's one of her gifts received rather than being a fabulous fake. I love the dangling style on her.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Very pretty earings!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Majesty

I really love the dangly earrings on Catherine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

More fake jewlery, dont make me cry...
Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why does it even matter if they R fake as long as they are beautiful. Just because you have access to large sums of money doesn't mean you have to use it.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

We don't know if they're fake, although they're pretty, but I'm sitting on the fence about these earrings until I know they're genuine!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'll sit right next to you
Old 05-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Courtier

They are made of sterling silver (most likely) with marcasites. Those are not diamonds or anything like it, but they were perfect with that dress imho. I like all her choices of jewellery. But yesterday's look was perfect to every little detail.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Why does it even matter if they R fake as long as they are beautiful. Just because you have access to large sums of money doesn't mean you have to use it.
For me, I know there are a bazillion earrings and necklaces with fabulous stones in the Queen's collection and it would be nice to see some of them. But I don't know that Katherine has access to many of them or if she has been gifted with many nice pieces.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

So true, Sndral. And the burning question for me is why Kate doesn't wear her wedding earrings. It would be a shame if she's reserving them only to wear with the Scroll tiara, which will be who knows when. I don't understand why she doesn't use them with her eveningwear; this dress is one of several that calls out for those earrings to be worn. I also would have liked if she wore her diamond bracelet as well; this gown could have used something on her arm (other than William, of course!).
Old 05-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I remember the beautiful diamond chandelier earrings Kate wore with her lilac gown to the BAFTA event in Los Angeles at the end of their Canadian tour. I can't see why Kate couldn't replicate this extravagant look with a similar pair of dangling statement earrings in colored stones. She's not averse to wearing a style like these as we've seen.
I think I read that those earrings were on loan from the Queen, so perhaps Kate has returned them and didn't wish to ask again?

I suppose she could replicate them, but why should she when she will eventually have more jewels than she could ever wear?
Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess one can't go to the Queen and ask for jewelry loans unless it's for major tours or events, and I'm sure HM would have to offer them, but that's why I wish Kate would wear her wedding earrings on occasion if she can't borrow from the vault.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I guess one can't go to the Queen and ask for jewelry loans unless it's for major tours or events, and I'm sure HM would have to offer them, but that's why I wish Kate would wear her wedding earrings on occasion if she can't borrow from the vault.

Those earrings were beautiful; I would think Kate would want to wear them for every special occasion.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Nobility

I think Catherine wore a brooch today during the luncheon - anybody has a close-up picture.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM

I believe she is wearing the same earrings she wore to teh Boodle's Boxing Club charity event many years ago. Can anyone identify the earrings she was wearing at today's luncheon?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Gentry

Not a close-up, but the Express article at least got a picture without her hair over the brooch..

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Party of three: Kate, William and Harry welcome sovereign monarchs for Jubilee lunch
Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Nobility

I don't really know if theses pictures are any better, but I thought they were her wedding earrings. I'm probably wrong, but I can't really see them anyway. I wish I knew what brooch that was and where it came from.

Kate and William join the world's royals for Queen's Diamond Jubilee lunch | Mail Online

Queen under fire for shaking hands with despotic King of Bahrain as she welcomes controversial leaders to Jubilee lunch | Mail Online
Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really ridiculous to wear a brooch and have your hair cover it. She could have placed it in the middle as Queen Mary did. She looks beautiful in that color pink.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Courtier

As for the earrings, she wore them in 2010 to two weddings with blue Issa dress in October and with black Libelula coat in January.
As for the brooch, there are no good shots on it... Mainly because her hair are o on it...
But I think (it's only my assumption), she is wearing oak leaves because of her Royal Coat of Arms. But untill someone finds great quality photo, it will be unsolved mystery.