Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true, Sndral. And the burning question for me is why Kate doesn't wear her wedding earrings. It would be a shame if she's reserving them only to wear with the Scroll tiara, which will be who knows when. I don't understand why she doesn't use them with her eveningwear; this dress is one of several that calls out for those earrings to be worn. I also would have liked if she wore her diamond bracelet as well; this gown could have used something on her arm (other than William, of course!).

Last edited:
I remember the beautiful diamond chandelier earrings Kate wore with her lilac gown to the BAFTA event in Los Angeles at the end of their Canadian tour. I can't see why Kate couldn't replicate this extravagant look with a similar pair of dangling statement earrings in colored stones. She's not averse to wearing a style like these as we've seen.

I think I read that those earrings were on loan from the Queen, so perhaps Kate has returned them and didn't wish to ask again?

I suppose she could replicate them, but why should she when she will eventually have more jewels than she could ever wear?

I guess one can't go to the Queen and ask for jewelry loans unless it's for major tours or events, and I'm sure HM would have to offer them, but that's why I wish Kate would wear her wedding earrings on occasion if she can't borrow from the vault.

Last edited:
I guess one can't go to the Queen and ask for jewelry loans unless it's for major tours or events, and I'm sure HM would have to offer them, but that's why I wish Kate would wear her wedding earrings on occasion if she can't borrow from the vault.

Those earrings were beautiful; I would think Kate would want to wear them for every special occasion. :flowers:

I believe she is wearing the same earrings she wore to teh Boodle's Boxing Club charity event many years ago. Can anyone identify the earrings she was wearing at today's luncheon?

Really ridiculous to wear a brooch and have your hair cover it. She could have placed it in the middle as Queen Mary did. She looks beautiful in that color pink.

As for the earrings, she wore them in 2010 to two weddings with blue Issa dress in October and with black Libelula coat in January.
As for the brooch, there are no good shots on it... Mainly because her hair are o on it...
But I think (it's only my assumption), she is wearing oak leaves because of her Royal Coat of Arms. But untill someone finds great quality photo, it will be unsolved mystery.

Last edited:
I think they could be her wedding earrings

Thank you for the closeups of the earrings, annaelfka. I like the drop ones she wore on both occasions; can you identify the stone?

Last edited:
Thank you for the closeups of the earrings, annaelfka. I like the drop ones she wore on both occasions; can you identify the stone?
Unfortunately not. From ALL 3 events :) she ever worn them, there are no good photos with close ups on her face, or with great quality, so it's really hard to tell. I contacted with Kiki McDonough, and she said these are not from her...
Tha's all I can tell for now.

Do you know what the brooch was that the Duchess of Cambridge wore to the Sovereign's Lucheon?
Well, from what I have seen and I seen very little - couldn't find great quality photos, and her hair covered it for 95% of time.
But, I believe, it's only my thought, she is wearing oak leaves because of her Royal coat of arms, bo so far I couldn't verify that to be 100% sure...
Only someone with account on getty could check it, but I don't know anyone who could do so. There is one photo with visible brooch, side view. And in HQ.

That's such a shame that we couldn't see it, especially if it was a significant brooch pertaining to her coat of arms.

Last edited:
I doubt very much that that's the last time we'll see it. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Kate wear a brooch. I know she's worn the Maple Leaf brooch and the shamrock for the Irish Guards, but neither are her's. Hopefully it means she likes wearing brooches; goodness knows she's going to have probably the world's greatest collection of brooches someday all being well.

I'm sure she'll wear it again; I just want to be able to see it!:D But I'm glad to see she's starting to introduce brooches into her fashion.

Oh yes, I'm hoping she will wear it soon, and indeed - one day she will inherit amazing collection of all kinds of jewels...

She was also wearing the Kiki Citrine drop earrings and her Tiffany diamond and gold string bracelet.

Thanks, Princess. That's a nicely detailed dolphin brooch, and I see the link also shows the brooch she wore at the Jubilee luncheon. Unfortunately, we can't see too much detail of that leaf design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom