Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
:royalstandard:

Now that she has entered the Royal world as a royal Duchess and a Royal Highness, we will be expecting big things on the jewellery front from the former Ms Middleton.

It may take a while before we see the results, but let's hope that HM allows her a few minutes to rummage through those fabled and mysterious vaults.

The previous Catherine Middleton Jewellery thread can be found here.

:orb:

The diamond wedding earrings are a gift from her parents - they look lovely and delicate

I wanted to know about these stunning earrings, too. They match the tiara impeccably, what a wonderful choice!

The diamond wedding earrings are a gift from her parents - they look lovely and delicate

From this link: Royal Wedding 2011: Kate Middleton marries Prince William in dress designed by McQueen¿s Sarah Burton | Mail Online

The natural look was offset by pear-shaped diamond earrings designed by Robinson Pelham and inspired by the Middleton's new coat of arms.

From this link: Kate Middleton dress | Sarah Burton | Alexander McQueen | Gossip Cop

The bride’s earrings, made by Robinson Pelham, are diamond-set stylized oak leaves with a pear-shaped diamond set drop and a pavé set diamond acorn suspended in the center.
The idea for the earrings came from the Middleton family’s new coat of arms, which includes acorns and oak leaves.
The earrings were a gift to the bride from her parents for the Royal Wedding.

Robinson Pelham: Robinson Pelham

The Duchess of Cambridge's Jewels !~ How Lovely. The tiara was made for Kate, it never looked too good on the Queen Mum and Margaret and Anne wore it ok, but it fit just right on the Duchess. Her earrings are lovely too, nice gift from the parents. Can't wait to watch this thread grow

The earrings were lovely, and I am sure Catherine will use them a fair amount, at least in the early years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing earrings. Catherine's very convenient and very graceful style of the royal wedding crown.

Here is a nice picture of Catherine with tiara and earrings

I agree - I would assume to see the scroll more often on her now, as the earrings have been made to fit. I am delighted, as the scroll tiara is such a nice arte deco piece.

.... and BTW - will be interesting to see his wedding gift to her. Although I do not expect to see anything soon - she seems not to be the jewelry type of a girl.....

v wedding pic and inset courtesy of Benita Lee at RJOTWMB
image cropped from a larger photograph

Attachments

• Cambridge Earrings Scroll Tiara motif gift from parents Apr2011a.jpg
    Cambridge Earrings Scroll Tiara motif gift from parents Apr2011a.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,213
Just beautiful the whole presentation was just stunning anf all the jewelry was totally stunning

Interesting to see what Tiara the Queen gives Catherine; [as opposed to which pieces Her Majesty loans out....] Traditionally, the Queen gives a Tiara to her daughters in law [either from the Royal Collection] or she buys one [as she did for Sarah] and altahough Catherine is the daugher in law of her grandson, I am sure Her Maj will want to do something similar for her...

This will sound very mercenary [it's not meant to] but Arab crowned heads have a tradition of being very, very generous with gifts of beautiful jewellery - some strikingly modern but very tasteful and I am sure that there have been some exquisite pieces given to Catherine...

Alex

:previous:
....Daughter-in-law of her SON not grandson (Wife of her Grandson)

She looks amazing in diamonds I hope she has a jewellery collection that match's her taste.

This will sound very mercenary [it's not meant to] but Arab crowned heads have a tradition of being very, very generous with gifts of beautiful jewellery - some strikingly modern but very tasteful and I am sure that there have been some exquisite pieces given to Catherine...

Will we ever see or hear what gifts were given, aside from money to their charities?

I do love the earings she was given by her mother and father on the wedding day.

Does anyone know if they will publicly announce the wedding gifts, mainly jewels?

Really special wedding earrings, I love that her parents did that for her, they are perfect. I too hope she got some lovely wedding gifts of jewelry, or that the Duke gives her some more of Diana's pieces!

Has anyone seen a good photograph of Catherine's wedding band? It appears to be decorated, almost like gold filigree. I've been looking at the Getty images of the placing of the ring on her finger but the shots are just not clear enough

Really special wedding earrings, I love that her parents did that for her, they are perfect. I too hope she got some lovely wedding gifts of jewelry, or that the Duke gives her some more of Diana's pieces!

I wonder if Harry's bride is going to get the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara then. That tiara and her engagement ring were Diana's two most iconic pieces.....and maybe the sapphire-brooch-pearl-choker. It would be nice if Di's major pieces were split between the boys.

Has anyone seen a good photograph of Catherine's wedding band? It appears to be decorated, almost like gold filigree. I've been looking at the Getty images of the placing of the ring on her finger but the shots are just not clear enough

From HQ photos I've seen, it's just a simple gold band. There are no designs on the band at all.

I wonder if Harry's bride is going to get the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara then. That tiara and her engagement ring were Diana's two most iconic pieces.....and maybe the sapphire-brooch-pearl-choker. It would be nice if Di's major pieces were split between the boys.

It is up to the Queen who will get the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara since this tiara was not inherited by Prince William and Prince Harry.

I'm sure the brothers will jointly decide which of Diana's jewelry their wives can wear the way they did with the Catherine's engagement ring.

I'm hoping to see Prince Harry's future wife using Diana's emerald-cut aquamarine ring with diamonds as an engagement ring, but this is for another thread.

I hope the queen keeps her jewels together in a collection where the other royals can borrow from, instead of giving them away, like in The Netherlands. Then we'll maybe get to see Catherine with more than one tiara in the future.

It is up to the Queen who will get the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara since this tiara was not inherited by Prince William and Prince Harry.

I'm sure the brothers will jointly decide which of Diana's jewelry their wives can wear the way they did with the Catherine's engagement ring.

I'm hoping to see Prince Harry's future wife using Diana's emerald-cut aquamarine ring with diamonds as an engagement ring, but this is for another thread.

Do you have a link where I can see it, please?

I read somewhere ( can't remember where at the moment) that the aquamarine ring was actually a loan from the Queen.

ETA...I found the reference I was looking for - in Suzy Menzies' book "The Royal Jewels" - it was an emerald ring not the aquamarine. I had the loan from the Queen right - just the wrong ring.

I read somewhere ( can't remember where at the moment) that the aquamarine ring was actually a loan from the Queen.

Not at all or we would have heard about the ring being returned to the Queen. The only thing we know that was returned was the Lover's Knot Tiara and the emerald choker.

Diana owned a lot of aquamarine jewelry, not quite a full parure since there was no tiara, but she wore the earrings, bracelet and ring on several occasions.

Do you have a link where I can see it, please?

Please see the ring section on this site I created: www.dianasjewels.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom