Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wore the diamond maple leaf brooch for the evening concert. This time with a purple dress and her hair up, allowing us to see the brooch better.

Photo from Reuters Pictures

According to The Queen's Jewels by Leslie Field, the brooch orginally belonged to QEQM and was presented to her in 1939 during her and her husband's visit there. It also mentions two other maple leaf brooches which I wonder if we'll be seeing. One was an enamel maple leaf spray presented to Queen Mary, then Duchess of York, in 1901 by the ladies of Montreal. The other was a gold maple leaf set with diamonds recieved as a wedding gift by QEQM, then Duchess of York, in 1923.

I don't think the pendant is new I think it's the same one she wore to Meade&Bradford wedding on 23.10.10.
also I saw that their is suggestion that the necklace worn at the bbq on Thursday evening may be the Monica Vinader Mini Marie Luna Necklace.

Last edited by a moderator:
also I saw that their is suggestion that the necklace worn at the bbq on Thursday evening may be the Monica Vinader Mini Marie Luna Necklace.

They've confirmed that it's not. Check out whatkatewore.com on updated info.

Just looking at some of the photos from today's tree planting and thought I spotted some earrings, thought they maybe the 'Links of London' 'Hope Egg Earrings (Teardrop dangle Sterling Silver with Pave Set White Topaz) were worn at the offical engagement photos with Mario Testino.

Just looking at some of the photos from today's tree planting and thought I spotted some earrings, thought they maybe the 'Links of London' 'Hope Egg Earrings (Teardrop dangle Sterling Silver with Pave Set White Topaz) were worn at the offical engagement photos with Mario Testino.

Yes. This was mentioned in the articles in the Daily Mail.

Great close-ups! Are those the earrings she wore for her engagement with the blue Issa dress?

For the Sunday morning prayer service aboard a Canadian warship, Kate wore the sapphire and diamond Diana earrings with another lovely navy Erdem dress with lace accents. Certainly the nautical navy was a nod to the fact that they were aboard ship, guests of the Canadian Navy.

Last edited:
With the cream 'Joseph' dress 'wkw' reports Catherine wore the Effervesence Bubble Stiletto Earrings from Links of London :eek:)
and possibly the same necklace as during the day on Canada day!?

Last edited:
Appears to be the trusty saphire's (earrings) this morning!

Nice to see the Maple Leaf brooch again, I love this. :flowers: The saphire earings ? do we think the may become a "Kate" signature ?

Today the Duchess has worn Diana's sapphire & diamonds earrings, wearing a very nice sailor dress.

Gift of Harry Winston diamond brooch

Attention, attention there is a new bling in the area :p!

During the 5th day of the Canadian Tour Kate has received a diamond brooch made by Harry Winston. Winston CEO told Royal reporter Judy Wade that she loves 'em.

The premier of Northwest Territories is presenting the Royal couple with a gift of a diamond brooch (for her) and cufflinks (for him), of which Gordon Rayner has more:
The gifts were made by the jewellery firm Harry Winston and comprised 692 diamonds – 302 for her and 390 for him. The design of the cufflinks and brooch reflected the native beadwork and craftsmanship of the local area, said Robert Gannicott, chairman of the jewellery firm. It took 250 hours of work to make them.

No pictures so far, but as soon as I find a link, I'll post it here

I can't wait to seee her in a gala event and with a tiara!

I hope she'll wear the new brooch during this visit! What a nice and appropriate gift. And a good way to advertise Canadian diamonds.

I can't wait to see her wear it! I'm so glad it's not another Maple Leaf Brooch.

I don't know if we gonna see a Tiara in this tour. But a reporter tweeted that we could except a nice loan from HM for the BAFTA event.
The Americans get a tiara and we don't? WTF? I think I'll be cranky about that. I'll get over it, but I will get cranky. Although I don't think we had any real opportunities for one ... still and all ... really? Grrrrrr. Sometimes I really *hate* America. Not really, of course ... but ... hmmm.

I don't think it will be a tiara, but maybe a nice necklace and earrings ...nice big diamond ones...;) A Girl can only hope..

Hi,

What have you got against a maple leaf brooch?
She could have been given one with rubies, as that would match the Canadian flag...

Also, there is a black tie dinner being given by the Prime Minister in Calgary, so we may see a tiara here.
I hope so, it would top off the tour very nicely!!

Larry

That would be great!

If it's black tie I wouldn't expect a tiara. But a nice diamond necklace (maybe with some sapphires?) and earings would be great.

I completely forgot about the black tie dinner. There it would be more likely.

Regardless, Catherine J, so far my favorite day has been the one that had a 'less glamour' aspect to it. With or without a tiara appearance this Canadian tour has being the perfect way to start they life together as members of the royal family.
I like Canada even more now :cool:

This tour kinda makes me want to put Canada on my bucket list (which consists manly of travel destinations).

What have I got against Maple Leaf brooches? Nothing except there are three in the Royal Collection already. Time to change things up, be a little bit more original, like polar bears and northern lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom