Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree we should be happy that she is so elegant, classy etc., & that she is already establishing herself as one of our most lovely royals, but this is a thread about jewellery. Many of us are so looking forward to seeing all those wonderful pieces which currently lie dormant making a fresh appearance - Yesterday's earrings were a hopeful sign, today was less so. But it is early days.

wymanda (post 167) and Lmarch (post 175-176)

Please do NOT hot link photos from DianasJewels.net to this board. You are using up my bandwidth. Instead, right click on the photo you want to post here and give a direct link to the photo.

wymanda please edit your post 167 to put this link: http://dianasjewels.net/Earrings/AADS002127.jpg

Lmarch please edit post 175 and put this: http://dianasjewels.net/Earrings/p17.jpg
and post 176: http://dianasjewels.net/Earrings/QV001249.jpg

muriel I realize you just quote Lmarch, but could you edit your post to reflect the correct link to the picture?

Please just use the direct URL links so it doesn't use up the bandwidth for my site. Once I exceed this bandwidth, you will not be able to see any photos.

Thanks for your kind attention,

Ayvee

My apologies. I have done as you requested. I tried to post the link yesterday but it didn't work.

Any more information about the possibility that the earrings Kate was wearing are Diana's? It's really hard to tell.

They could be. Photos of Diana in that white dress w/blue dots in Australia, wearing earrings that are mighty close to what Kate is wearing, gold ball posts and all.

Last edited:
To emphasise what ayvee has written in post #182, could members PLEASE NOT HOTLINK images from other websites.

Hotlinking drains bandwidth from the host site (which that site owner must pay for) and is bad internet etiquette.
Either post the URL link of the image or store the image in a hosting site such as Photobucket etc and then post the link.

thanks

Warren
Administrator

Last edited:
I thought that when i first saw them. They do look really lovely and I love them dangling. I think we will see Kate wear more and more jewelry she really didn't need to before. Now she has centre stage and she would have lots to choose from. I think Harry may have some and William so I don't expect to see Kate in everything.

Looks like the sapphire earrings made an appearance again in the official tour photo!

maybe the bracelet was a gift from William ?!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
The brooch was apparently loaned to her by the regiment for the occasion and has previously been worn by the Queen Mother and the Princess Royal

The bracelet looks like more charms can be added over time. It looks like a very personal piece of jewellery, and I too think it might be from William.

It does look like a charm bracelet. His father gave his mother one as well.

The brooch Kate wore today appears to have won pretty much unanimous praise - perhaps a further sign that she could make this item of jewellery on trend for younger women.

Armed Services Day - Irish Guards Medal Parade: Zimbio

Tilia C. said:
The bracelet looks like more charms can be added over time. It looks like a very personal piece of jewellery, and I too think it might be from William.

So do I- or perhaps even a gift from Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall. (Although I agree that William is more likely) It very much looks like a welcome to the family gift- it's the monogram for her that's used by Clarence House, so my guess is that it's also on her official stationary, etc. It's a lovely bracelet.

I'm so glad that she seems to have an interest in jewelry after all! For a long time it didn't look that way but she's been wearing nice things lately- Diana's sapphire earrings, the queen mum's brooch and now this bracelet.

It's lovely to see Kate wearing a brooch! I'm also betting the bracelet is a gift from William, in imitation of the one given to Diana from Charles, and that he will add meaningful charms as occasions arise, too. Supposedly, the charm bracelet was Diana's most sentimentally precious piece of jewellery. I can't say I'm too fond of those earrings, though - they don't set off either her hat, coat or hair. I'm hoping more RF jewellery will be worn by Kate soon and I'd especially like to see her in another tiara. (While I thought the Scroll was great for the wedding, I think she needs something more imposing, especially if she keeps wearing her hair down.)

The brooch was a lovely gesture and looked great on the dress. The bracelet is really nice and simple and it's good to see her wearing something on her wrists. The earrings are nice and simple as well and don't detract from the outfit. All the jewels today were "spot on" IMO. Well done Duchess.

Elly C said:
The brooch Kate wore today appears to have won pretty much unanimous praise - perhaps a further sign that she could make this item of jewellery on trend for younger women.

You know what? When you're right, you're right. I was surprised to see a brooch, but happy that it indicates an interest in wearing historic royal family jewelry. I don't like it as a fashion statement but I do like it as a sign that we may see more historical jewels on the Duchess in the future :)

Wearing a shamrock brooch in an Irish context is more than just a fashion statement, I think. The other royal ladies also are used to wear jewellery (especially brooches) which have a connection with the event. Now Kate is playing in the same league! I guess we might see a maple leaf brooch very soon.

Yes, I wouldn't want to imply for one moment that Kate was adopting this as a fashion item, but the importance of the occasion and historic significance aside, it doesn't look out of place as part of this outfit.

Yes, I wouldn't want to imply for one moment that Kate was adopting this as a fashion item, but the importance of the occasion and historic significance aside, it doesn't look out of place as part of this outfit.
You are right, the brooch goes perfectly with the outfit. I would bet that Kate (or her stylist, if she has one) has thought very carefully about the combination. It's a great combination of fashionable elegance and simbolic meaning. Well done, Kate!
I guess, that one reason why I would like Kate to wear brooches more frequently, is that especially brooches often carry simbolic meaning. I just want to see a continuation of the royal tradition :flowers:.

It seems the brooch belongs not to the RF but to the regiment and they gave it to her to wear...it has been worn by the Queen Mum and Anne but they didn't own it
YouTube - Royals visit regiment ‏

While I personally don't really care for brooches, I think this was a lovely gesture on her part to wear it, it looked good and did not look out of place as it matched the gold buttons on her jacket. Will looked absolutely smashing, and dare I say the one time he looked better than Kate!!! LOL. (what is it about a man in a uniform??!!)

EDT: just looking (more like drooling LOL!) at the pics of Will again, I wish they hemmed his trouser legs to fit him better, it actually looks a little sloppy that they are slightly too long for him.

i like the broach detail. that means that she's very careful with details and always makes good choices. i think the bracelet was perfect for the outfit. and the earrings were perfect for her personality: less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom