The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I sincerely hope that the WillKat Wedding Display will make the rounds, and not just in Europe.
It puts me in mind of the Princess Grace Exhibition which is still wowing audiences ... I believe it is in South America at present.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

I think the Duchess has worn again her topaz and diamond earrings from Kiki McDonough (or maybe they are diamond studs?) today for Trooping the colour
Risultato della ricerca immagini di Google per http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/f0/d9/fb184e9d4e11b050ee4b7648c5e6.jpeg
P.S.: is it my impression, or the Duchess of Cornwall has re-worn today the hat she wore for the civil ceremony on her wedding day?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Best shot I could find of the earrings-
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1dmaiizDvz...-colour-09.jpg
Old 06-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its almost funny that we have a jewelry thread for Kate. Yes she has Diana's gorgeous engagement ring, which is soo wonderful and her parents bought her some great earrings for her wedding. Other than that, for the past couple of years we have been watching her I see no interest in jewelry from her. I'm hoping to eat my words SOON!!!!She is not someone I would see as having a style, and shes not 21 like Diana was, its just who she is. (not that there is anything wrong with this)Just an observation!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Nobility

I agree. Other than her engagement ring she really hasn't had to time acquire a substantial collection of jewelry.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Appears she wore the Links earrings from the ARK gala to Sma Waley Cohen's wedding today

Old 06-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Courtier

June 12, 2011 Church service for Prince Philip

Kate Middleton Pictures - The Royal Family Attend A Service For The Duke of Edinburgh's 90th Birthday - Zimbio

Catherine is wearing what looks like sapphire-surrounded-with-diamonds earrings. It MIGHT be one of the sapphire and diamond studs that Diana wore, but has been modified to hang below Catherine's earlobe. I am awaiting HQ photos to compare.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

Well I'll be darned. Those are Diana's earrings, I would wager!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Ok since DuchessMarry and ayee brought up the subject (:P ) I've been thinking about jewelry selection for her. How about QEII lending her the Cambridge's knot tiara?
Before the wedding the majority of members clearly were against such, understandably saying it would allowed even more comparession with Diana.
I would like to know what about now, that they are already married, and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Do you think is still too soon or you'd prefer Catherine to never wear it?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Well I'll be darned. Those are Diana's earrings, I would wager!!!
Yes they are Diana's earrings, worn during her first visit to Cardiff on 29 Oct 1981. Still shots from my book Charles & Diana, The Prince and Princess of Wales, show that these are danglers. There is a similar smaller stone on the earlobe with the drop below. It appears that the earrings have been modified for Catherine :-)
See
http://youtu.be/G2sjrbK3J3k

Diana's Blue Stone Earrings
Here is a better shot of the sapphire and diamond drops worn by Diana and now Kate!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't see any reason for Kate to avoid wearing Diana's jewelry.
Who is to wear it, if not the wives of Diana's sons?

(And possibly her granddaughters, but it is far too soon to consider that).
Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch
Diana's Blue Stone Earrings
Here is a better shot of the sapphire and diamond drops worn by Diana and now Kate!
This is exciting! It's the first indication we've seen that Kate has any interest in jewelry. I hope we see more of those fabulous sapphires on the Canada tour!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

This is a brilliant sighting - so overtime we should hopefully be seeing quite a few of Diana's wonderful jewels on Kate. A few items to appear during the forthcoming tours?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Wow! Now the fun begins!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

This gets me on a very excited mode. Bring on the tour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I can't see any reason for Kate to avoid wearing Diana's jewelry.
Who is to wear it, if not the wives of Diana's sons?

(And possibly her granddaughters, but it is far too soon to consider that).
Agre, Mirabel. Jewels were made to be seen and not lock.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

If she, William and Harry would like for her to wear them then that is all that matters. Most women would be very delighted to wear heirloom jewelry from their husbands mother. Heirlooms are exactly that, passed on from generation to generation. William and Harry are determined that the memory of their mother is alive so for Catherine and eventually Harry's wife to wear their mother's jewelry makes perfect sense. It is a way to honor our families, those still with us and those gone.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am Eating my words!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

A better look at the earring
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...e-harry-03.jpg
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...e-harry-06.jpg
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

They look quite lovely on her. I really like them as dangling earrings.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are those Diana's sapphires but hanging? Wow!!! I can't wait to see more of her jewelry on Kate!