Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any reason for Kate to avoid wearing Diana's jewelry.
Who is to wear it, if not the wives of Diana's sons?

(And possibly her granddaughters, but it is far too soon to consider that).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmarch said:
Diana's Blue Stone Earrings
Here is a better shot of the sapphire and diamond drops worn by Diana and now Kate!

This is exciting! It's the first indication we've seen that Kate has any interest in jewelry. I hope we see more of those fabulous sapphires on the Canada tour!

This is a brilliant sighting - so overtime we should hopefully be seeing quite a few of Diana's wonderful jewels on Kate. A few items to appear during the forthcoming tours?

This gets me on a very excited mode. Bring on the tour!

Agre, Mirabel. Jewels were made to be seen and not lock.

If she, William and Harry would like for her to wear them then that is all that matters. Most women would be very delighted to wear heirloom jewelry from their husbands mother. Heirlooms are exactly that, passed on from generation to generation. William and Harry are determined that the memory of their mother is alive so for Catherine and eventually Harry's wife to wear their mother's jewelry makes perfect sense. It is a way to honor our families, those still with us and those gone.

I am Eating my words!!!

Are those Diana's sapphires but hanging? Wow!!! I can't wait to see more of her jewelry on Kate!

I agree.

The earrings are lovely. Kate wears them well.

Thank you so much for posting these. I saw the earrings in the telegraph article as they were commenting on Kate recycling the brocade coat. The earrings were such a match for the engagement ring that I knew there was more to this....and here, you guys have it already! Thanks.

Me too! I bet we see the 'baby gift' pearl necklace with the pave diamond heart soon.

I seem to recall reading that that very pretty necklace was not a gift from Charles but bought by Diana for herself with money from an inheritance; in the Leslie Field book, I think.

Yes they are Diana's earrings, worn during her first visit to Cardiff on 29 Oct 1981. Still shots from my book Charles & Diana, The Prince and Princess of Wales, show that these are danglers. There is a similar smaller stone on the earlobe with the drop below. It appears that the earrings have been modified for Catherine :)
See
YouTube - ‪Princess Diana gives speech in Welsh (Wow!)‬‏

Diana's Blue Stone Earrings
Here is a better shot of the sapphire and diamond drops worn by Diana and now Kate!

I am not sure these are the earrings that Kate wore to St George's yesterday. The earrings Diana had seemed to have much larger sapphires, and on the whole, were a much larger scale, IMO.

... and the question is - would William not like to give his Duchess something completely new - to start their own tradition? If these are really "real" jewelry (and not custom like we have seen in the past ;)) - couldn't they not simply be something new - as a wedding gift?;)

Last edited:
... and the question is - would William not like to give his Duchess something complete new - to start their own tradition? If these are really "real" jewelry (and not custom like we have some in the past ;)) - couldn't they not simply be something new - as a wedding gift?;)

Fair point. They could also be something from the royal vaults that have not been used for some time.

These beautiful sapphire and diamond earings look wonderful on Catherine and I am so glad that they are being worn again. Diana had an incredibly beautiful collection of jewels and always looked stunning when she wore them. And now hopefully in times to come, we will see some of them again. I am not for comparing Catherine and Diana in any way shape or form, but seeing these jewels has given me a renewed interest in the jewels that Diana wore and jewels in general.
I am quite sure that William will give Catherine some new jewellery and she will also be able to hopefully to choose some pieces from the collection to wear as well.

It could well be that these earrings were modified for Catherine to wear.

Last edited:
In my opinion, they may be earrings new to Catherine as that style is quite popular.

Ok since DuchessMarry and ayee brought up the subject :)P ) I've been thinking about jewelry selection for her. How about QEII lending her the Cambridge's knot tiara?
Before the wedding the majority of members clearly were against such, understandably saying it would allowed even more comparession with Diana.
I would like to know what about now, that they are already married, and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Do you think is still too soon or you'd prefer Catherine to never wear it?

I hope she does wear the Lovers Knot, I think it would look amazzzingg on her. Those tiara's have been passed down and down why stop now? It is only the next step that she would wear it IMO anyway.

Last edited:
How wonderful to see the Duchess wearing some beautiful jewelled earrings - unfortunately I don't believe they are the earrings worn by the late Princess Diana in the above photograph posted by wymanda. They are similar but not the same. I am happy to be proved wrong however!! I look forward with anticipation to see what comes out of the vaults for the American trip!!!

Is there anyway to get a close up of Kate's earrings...with all the masters of pictures on this forum, I am sure someone could give us a close up so we can see.
http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1307892538.html

I found this close up: looks like the same earrings to me...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/12/article-0-0C8674C200000578-847_634x587.jpg

I would so love to see that wonderful set of blue stones out and about again...I think she should wear all of them. what good is it to have them locked away somewhere......

After the excitement of the earrings yesterday, I am now disappointed with the choice of jewellery today - I don't think either the earrings or the simple cross necklace work with the decorative coat(which incidentally I think is right up there).

Catherine of Cambridge's Style

SIGH!!!

We are never satisfied! Let's put it in perspective. A detail here, a detail there might not please us; she's too thin; she needs more colour, less colour; skirts too short; hair up/hair down... and on and on.

The truth is that, despite all of the above, our lovely new Duchess consistently looks as well or better than any other royal. And yet she has not worn styles that make it seem that she is seeking to take the focus away from anyone else (in particular, the Queen and Camilla). She is classy, understated and elegant. I give her high praise for hitting the mark day in, day out with the attention of the world fixed obsessively on her. She smiles, she seems relaxed, she is a credit to William, to the royal family and to her country!

AMEN to that, Susanna...

She is 'just the ticket'...

SIGH!!!

We are never satisfied! Let's put it in perspective. A detail here, a detail there might not please us; she's too thin; she needs more colour, less colour; skirts too short; hair up/hair down... and on and on.

The truth is that, despite all of the above, our lovely new Duchess consistently looks as well or better than any other royal. And yet she has not worn styles that make it seem that she is seeking to take the focus away from anyone else (in particular, the Queen and Camilla). She is classy, understated and elegant. I give her high praise for hitting the mark day in, day out with the attention of the world fixed obsessively on her. She smiles, she seems relaxed, she is a credit to William, to the royal family and to her country!

Absolutely agree, she is just lovely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom