The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Majesty

at first i thought tehy looked like crown princess mary of denmarks wedding earings

however i aas wrong
they look lovely

Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Gentry

Has anyone seen a good photograph of Catherine's wedding band? It appears to be decorated, almost like gold filigree. I've been looking at the Getty images of the placing of the ring on her finger but the shots are just not clear enough

Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Nobility

Thanks so much Warren for helping out with the picture again.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Really special wedding earrings, I love that her parents did that for her, they are perfect. I too hope she got some lovely wedding gifts of jewelry, or that the Duke gives her some more of Diana's pieces!
I wonder if Harry's bride is going to get the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara then. That tiara and her engagement ring were Diana's two most iconic pieces.....and maybe the sapphire-brooch-pearl-choker. It would be nice if Di's major pieces were split between the boys.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by figtreecrossing View Post
Has anyone seen a good photograph of Catherine's wedding band? It appears to be decorated, almost like gold filigree. I've been looking at the Getty images of the placing of the ring on her finger but the shots are just not clear enough
From HQ photos I've seen, it's just a simple gold band. There are no designs on the band at all.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I wonder if Harry's bride is going to get the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara then. That tiara and her engagement ring were Diana's two most iconic pieces.....and maybe the sapphire-brooch-pearl-choker. It would be nice if Di's major pieces were split between the boys.

It is up to the Queen who will get the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara since this tiara was not inherited by Prince William and Prince Harry.

I'm sure the brothers will jointly decide which of Diana's jewelry their wives can wear the way they did with the Catherine's engagement ring.

I'm hoping to see Prince Harry's future wife using Diana's emerald-cut aquamarine ring with diamonds as an engagement ring, but this is for another thread.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Courtier

I hope the queen keeps her jewels together in a collection where the other royals can borrow from, instead of giving them away, like in The Netherlands. Then we'll maybe get to see Catherine with more than one tiara in the future.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
It is up to the Queen who will get the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara since this tiara was not inherited by Prince William and Prince Harry.

I'm sure the brothers will jointly decide which of Diana's jewelry their wives can wear the way they did with the Catherine's engagement ring.

I'm hoping to see Prince Harry's future wife using Diana's emerald-cut aquamarine ring with diamonds as an engagement ring, but this is for another thread.
Do you have a link where I can see it, please?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

I read somewhere ( can't remember where at the moment) that the aquamarine ring was actually a loan from the Queen.

ETA...I found the reference I was looking for - in Suzy Menzies' book "The Royal Jewels" - it was an emerald ring not the aquamarine. I had the loan from the Queen right - just the wrong ring.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I read somewhere ( can't remember where at the moment) that the aquamarine ring was actually a loan from the Queen.
Not at all or we would have heard about the ring being returned to the Queen. The only thing we know that was returned was the Lover's Knot Tiara and the emerald choker.

Diana owned a lot of aquamarine jewelry, not quite a full parure since there was no tiara, but she wore the earrings, bracelet and ring on several occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
Do you have a link where I can see it, please?
Please see the ring section on this site I created: www.dianasjewels.net
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The queen always seemed concerned about the jewelry. Too bad, people don't count more. Jewels laying in vaults for centuries is a waste and foolish. Greed is ugly.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

I think if Catherine recieved any Jewelry as Wedding Gifts, or some of Diana's more well known Major Pieces, the best chance we'll get of finding out will be the upcoming Canadian Tour. There's got to be at least one State Banquet, as they'll be in Ottawa for Canada Day, not to mention what she'll have for daytime wear.

Starting to get really excited for next month and the start of the Tour. :oD
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Ships 7/7 Kenneth Jay Lane's Royal Wedding Earrings - QVC.com

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?v...&walk=&cmtags=

They didn't waste any time. The ring looks the most like the original.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Nobility

I have been reading the threads Diana, Princess Of Wales Jewellery 1 & 2, browsing the Tudor's and Diana's Jewels sites and I have found this necklace http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ntobeking2.jpg , bought by Diana herself and I can totally see Catherine wearing it. I have also discovered Diana had an emerald ring that maybe could go to Harry's future wife since the aquamarine one was just a loan from the Queen.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno
Ah who's baby face is that? William or Harry looks scared and oh so cute!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Ah who's baby face is that? William or Harry looks scared and oh so cute!
That was the very first picture of William the World ever saw and is one of two that was released to mark his Birth. BTW, from various books I've read over the years, that necklace was Charles' present to Diana on the birth of William and William's name is engraved on the back of that heart in Charles' handwriting.

If true, awwwww!!! I also think that would be an obvious piece of Diana's jewelry to be passed down to Catherine due to all of that.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Nobility

I think it is William. Please read the post by Boris on the 4th page of the first of Diana's Jewels thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
BTW, from various books I've read over the years, that necklace was Charles' present to Diana on the birth of William and William's name is engraved on the back of that heart in Charles' handwriting.
According to Boris' post the hearts are different.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The queen always seemed concerned about the jewelry. Too bad, people don't count more. Jewels laying in vaults for centuries is a waste and foolish. Greed is ugly.
Would you like to elucidate? Not sure what you are referring to.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I hope the queen keeps her jewels together in a collection where the other royals can borrow from.
I do not see that happening with the Windsors, But maybe between Harry and William's wives. But Kathrine will get the hole colection when William is King.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I hope the queen keeps her jewels together in a collection where the other royals can borrow from, instead of giving them away, like in The Netherlands. Then we'll maybe get to see Catherine with more than one tiara in the future.
That really is not how the BRF operate.