The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness

about the Canadian gift: Royal newlyweds given Canadian diamonds | Canada | News | London Free Press
Pictures: Prince William And Kate Middleton Given Diamonds - Jane Lee - Bon Vivant - Forbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I can't wait to seee her in a gala event and with a tiara!
I don't know if we gonna see a Tiara in this tour. But a reporter tweeted that we could except a nice loan from HM for the BAFTA event.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I hope she'll wear the new brooch during this visit! What a nice and appropriate gift. And a good way to advertise Canadian diamonds.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

I can't wait to see her wear it! I'm so glad it's not another Maple Leaf Brooch.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I don't know if we gonna see a Tiara in this tour. But a reporter tweeted that we could except a nice loan from HM for the BAFTA event.
The Americans get a tiara and we don't? WTF? I think I'll be cranky about that. I'll get over it, but I will get cranky. Although I don't think we had any real opportunities for one ... still and all ... really? Grrrrrr. Sometimes I really *hate* America. Not really, of course ... but ... hmmm.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Courtier

I don't think it will be a tiara, but maybe a nice necklace and earrings ...nice big diamond ones... A Girl can only hope..
Old 07-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

Hi,

What have you got against a maple leaf brooch?
She could have been given one with rubies, as that would match the Canadian flag...

Also, there is a black tie dinner being given by the Prime Minister in Calgary, so we may see a tiara here.
I hope so, it would top off the tour very nicely!!

Larry
Old 07-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Majesty

That would be great!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

If it's black tie I wouldn't expect a tiara. But a nice diamond necklace (maybe with some sapphires?) and earings would be great.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

I completely forgot about the black tie dinner. There it would be more likely.

Regardless, Catherine J, so far my favorite day has been the one that had a 'less glamour' aspect to it. With or without a tiara appearance this Canadian tour has being the perfect way to start they life together as members of the royal family.
I like Canada even more now
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

This tour kinda makes me want to put Canada on my bucket list (which consists manly of travel destinations).

What have I got against Maple Leaf brooches? Nothing except there are three in the Royal Collection already. Time to change things up, be a little bit more original, like polar bears and northern lights!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
This tour kinda makes me want to put Canada on my bucket list (which consists manly of travel destinations).

What have I got against Maple Leaf brooches? Nothing except there are three in the Royal Collection already. Time to change things up, be a little bit more original, like polar bears and northern lights!
I feel the same about the maple leaf brooches. There is always one to borrow, as we have seen. So it's nice that Kate received a different design.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Brooch & Cufflinks

The Harry Winston diamond brooch & cufflinks

pic courtesy of Harry Winston
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brooch & Cufflinks diamonds Harry Winston from NW Territories, Cambridge Tour Jul11.jpg
Views:	1692
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	278010  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The Harry Winston diamond brooch & cufflinks

pic courtesy of Harry Winston
wow. I think the gifts are very beautiful. They represent the Northern territories and are very distinctive. I hope we see them worn. I think it's quite thoughtful to come up with a new design. I think william could wear the cuuflinks all the time. The brooch is the Duchess of Cambridges' first jewelry gift and it is very beautiful
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

is it really her first jewellery gift? I thought she got some jewellery gifts at ther wedding!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Catherine would have received substantial (ie,'serious') jewellery gifts from, at the bare minimum, the Queen, Prince Charles, and her husband. It's royal tradition.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I feel the same about the maple leaf brooches. There is always one to borrow, as we have seen. So it's nice that Kate received a different design.

I would have much preferred a pretty maple leaf to those hulking bears!
Although it was a nice gesture.

(Still, you'd think they could have come up with something she could wear frequently and not just when touring Canada.)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
(Still, you'd think they could have come up with something she could wear frequently and not just when touring Canada.)
And who knew Canada had diamond mines?! Not me!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
And who knew Canada had diamond mines?! Not me!
Her Majesty's pink diamond brooch with the largest pink diamond in the world is from Canadian mines.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I would have much preferred a pretty maple leaf to those hulking bears!
Although it was a nice gesture.

I agree, it would have been nice to have a more usable design.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Hi,

Yes, there are many diamond mines in Northern Canada.
Canadian diamonds are often referred to as Polar Diamonds, and are mined 'conflict free' as opposed to Africa and Asia.

Larry

Closed Thread