The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Post speculating about the jewellery The Duchess of Cambridge may or may not wear in Canada have been moved to the Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events thread.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I really hope we can move on from this kind of remark. I thought this was a thread to discuss the jewellery not the intentions of the giver
Yes, quite. No futher posts speculating on the Duchess of Cornwall's "intentions" concerning her gift to Catherine please.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

Old 06-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Sometimes a bracelet is just a bracelet.
and i think it add a nice touch, its pretty small and has some meaning...so imo she should wear it and imo (which in my mind is never wrong) its not tacky
Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Commoner

I don't believe people consider the monogram on the charm bracelet tacky or even the idea of more charms tacky. I think the crown on the bracelet is what turned people off. Now, i am one of those people who doesn't love the bracelet. I've been trying to think of ways to express how i feel about it and am at a loss for words. The best way i can describe it is that i feel that the crown was almost...and i hate to use this word, pompous for someone who is so new to the BRF. I understand that it was a gift and it was a very kind gesture but i think it would have been more well received if she wore it later. I don't believe Kate wore it as a "look at me, i'm now married to the heir of the heir to the throne" but it may have come across that way to some..

I really can't phrase what i'm thinking about the bracelet so if anyone thinks they feel the same way, please describe it better. Haha.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Nice gold earrings at reception in Canada.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...T6grT/x610.jpg
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Nice gold earrings at reception in Canada.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...T6grT/x610.jpg
I like the simplicity and Plaines of it but they are nothing special.
In general her jewelry are quite simple pieces which is nice.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Royal Highness

I like the bracelet and especially because of the Catherine- C with the crown. This cypher was especially created for her and thus belongs to her. There are millions of ladies whose name starts with a C but there is only one Catherine, future queen of the UK. I think it is a nice and modest way to show that she accepts her new position while on the other hand refrains from wearing over the top-outfits and jewelery.

Today the Mail reported that as the queen is very fond of Catherine (which was told by Zara Philips and she should know!) she has invited Catherine to borrow jewellery for her visit to Canada. Still, Catherine wore very modest jewellery on her first day and probably will continue to do so the next days as she is actively searching for connections to the people and don't seem to want to set herself apart from the rest. So wearing the bracelet fits in: she is showing her individuality at the same time as she shows that she now belongs to the BRF but all that in a very modest way.

Well done, YRH.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveElle View Post
I don't believe Kate wore it as a "look at me, i'm now married to the heir of the heir to the throne" but it may have come across that way to some.
Really, you think "some" people may think she wears the charm bracelet to show that she's married to Prince William? What, in case the more forgetful need reminding who she's married to?

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

To ensure we are all clear what is being referred to, the motif on the charm is a coronet rather than a crown.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

I believe I spy a Maple Leaf Brooch (unfortunately her hair keeps falling over it :-() but it does look beautiful
Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I believe I spy a Maple Leaf Brooch (unfortunately her hair keeps falling over it :-() but it does look beautiful
Do you mean on the white outfit? You might be right. I hope for better pictures soon.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Do you mean on the white outfit? You might be right. I hope for better pictures soon.

Yes, and according to various sources including Royal Reporter on Twitter it is the Queen's Maple Leaf Brooch :-)
Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Commoner

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that it is a the Queen's maple leaf brooch!!

How lovely and exciting for for brooch lovers and very patriotic.

I also thought I spotted a necklace but not certain.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Yes there was a necklace but was more interested in the brooch so didn't really take much notice of the necklace
Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Pics

http://i55.tinypic.com/16beu4x.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/28bzfd4.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/21blz0i.jpg
Old 07-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
While I liked the idea of her wearing the Queen's Maple Leaf Brooch on this tour, I think it looks way too fancy for her outfit. It just doesn't work.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I don't know if this info was posted, but the bracelet worn by Catherine during military event is a wedding gift from Camilla. Camilla has the same bracelet. (source)

I was told that both bracelets were designed by Prince Charles, another 'C.' At one time Camilla had a bracelet with intertwined Cs, almost like Chanel.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Can anyone spot the earings for today? Are they diamond studs, to go w/ the diamond maple leaf brooch?
Old 07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Can anyone spot the earings for today? Are they diamond studs, to go w/ the diamond maple leaf brooch?
They are white topaz surrounded with diamonds from Kiki McDonough.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Nobility

A small photo of the Queen wearing the Maple Leaf brooch. http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...7/02/queen.jpg
Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

The brooch doesn't stand out against the white enough- looks off.....