Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it's the same one gold bracelet and that like you said the light hit it and it looked sliver ....

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like the same earrings to me...
I agree with you too ;) Kate seems very proud of them and they seem to have a real significance to her because she wore them so frequently while in Canada. This makes me think they were Diana's earrings. Still, the shape and relative size of the stones is markedly different and leaves a very small question mark, which is all the fun in guessing :)

I personally think the earrrings are quite a classic design, and may well have come from the vaults, because, to me, the earrings do appear different from the ones Diana wore.
As to whether they have any real significance to Catherine is difficult to tell. She has worn quite a lot of blue since her wedding, so it could be argued that she wore them because the earrings matched.

I'm actually not much of a fan of those earrings, they're just a bit old fashioned to me. I hope William actually gets his cheque book out and buys Kate some stunning modern jewels. Goodness knows he can afford it.

I'm actually not much of a fan of those earrings, they're just a bit old fashioned to me. I hope William actually gets his cheque book out and buys Kate some stunning modern jewels. Goodness knows he can afford it.

Given the stock of goodies in the royal vaults, I suspect every time William feels generous towards Catherine, he will just give Granny a call and get a few baubles out rather than buying something new.

Given the stock of goodies in the royal vaults, I suspect every time William feels generous towards Catherine, he will just give Granny a call and get a few baubles out rather than buying something new.
Heirlooms are meant to be passed on and who would be more suitable to wear Diana's jewelry than her son's wife.

Diana had saphire-diamond ear-rings in two different sizes. Catherine appear to have been wearing the smaller ones.

she had sapphire and diamond earrings in 5 different sizes... if you go back a page you can see picture links of them.

Oh, of course there's lots of jewellery in the vaults for her to choose from. But most of it is quite old and looks very much 'of its time'. I think it would be nice to see some more up to date styles and designs in the jewellery department.

I love to see the old stuff, but I have to agree with you some new bling would be very nice to look at...:)

I do agree EIIR and Lady Ann. A lot of the Winsor vault jewellry is not at all flattering for modern day dress. In past times, jewel size was of more importance than actual elegance. So a few fresh designs, like Princess Charlene's Ocean Tiara would be most welcome. I do think Kate will opt for the simpler, classic designs.

Last edited:
whatever she wears will complement her and her choice of clothing...the earring are beautiful and a great choice because it dosent draw attention away from her clothing but it add itselfs to the whole ensemble ---again another great choice from princess classic fashion

:previous: Fully agree with you. :)

The earring of Diana looks different than Catherine's earrings... are you sure they are the same?

she had sapphire and diamond earrings in 5 different sizes... if you go back a page you can see picture links of them.
The diamond and sapphire earrings in question appear to be the ones from Diana's diamond and sapphire wedding suite wedding gift. There are the original earrings and also the ones she made from the watch strap and they are smaller. Therefore my comment about two sizes.

Do you know something about the pendant the Duchess is wearing in that picture? It seems to me there are diamonds on it:
Google Images

Only because I saw the blog yesterday. Frankly, I believe it is a very pedestrian piece.

What Kate Wore has identified it as an Aspery button pendant. They have a good description.

Only because I saw the blog yesterday. Frankly, I believe it is a very pedestrian piece.

That's an interesting observation, KittyAtlanta...do you think that Catherine should be wearing more substantial pieces or perhaps some (more) from HM's or Diana's collections? I'd like to know your thoughts. I like the necklace but have to agree that it's nothing outstanding. I admit that part of what I like about Catherine's style of dressing is that it is still accessible to many of us. I suppose that will change over the years....

The Diana/Catherine earrings are from Diana's set not the exact same pair as Lady Ann and Grevinnan explained earlier...

Today's earrings

What earrings did kate wear to the wedding today between Zara and Mike??

Those looked like the earrings Katherine wore to the concert in Canada with her purple dress.

Those looked like the earrings Katherine wore to the concert in Canada with her purple dress.

I looked through the thread about Kates jewelry and I can't seem to find any information on these earrings.. The earrings are the ones she wore with the purple dress and her hair up during their tour of Canada.Does anyone know anything about them?

I wonder if it was another piece of jewelry on loan from the Queen for the Canadian visit, or a wedding gift. It would be interesting to get more info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom