The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
The bracelet looks like more charms can be added over time. It looks like a very personal piece of jewellery, and I too think it might be from William.
So do I- or perhaps even a gift from Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall. (Although I agree that William is more likely) It very much looks like a welcome to the family gift- it's the monogram for her that's used by Clarence House, so my guess is that it's also on her official stationary, etc. It's a lovely bracelet.

I'm so glad that she seems to have an interest in jewelry after all! For a long time it didn't look that way but she's been wearing nice things lately- Diana's sapphire earrings, the queen mum's brooch and now this bracelet.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

It's lovely to see Kate wearing a brooch! I'm also betting the bracelet is a gift from William, in imitation of the one given to Diana from Charles, and that he will add meaningful charms as occasions arise, too. Supposedly, the charm bracelet was Diana's most sentimentally precious piece of jewellery. I can't say I'm too fond of those earrings, though - they don't set off either her hat, coat or hair. I'm hoping more RF jewellery will be worn by Kate soon and I'd especially like to see her in another tiara. (While I thought the Scroll was great for the wedding, I think she needs something more imposing, especially if she keeps wearing her hair down.)

Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

The brooch was a lovely gesture and looked great on the dress. The bracelet is really nice and simple and it's good to see her wearing something on her wrists. The earrings are nice and simple as well and don't detract from the outfit. All the jewels today were "spot on" IMO. Well done Duchess.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
The brooch Kate wore today appears to have won pretty much unanimous praise - perhaps a further sign that she could make this item of jewellery on trend for younger women.
You know what? When you're right, you're right. I was surprised to see a brooch, but happy that it indicates an interest in wearing historic royal family jewelry. I don't like it as a fashion statement but I do like it as a sign that we may see more historical jewels on the Duchess in the future :)
Old 06-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Royal Highness

Wearing a shamrock brooch in an Irish context is more than just a fashion statement, I think. The other royal ladies also are used to wear jewellery (especially brooches) which have a connection with the event. Now Kate is playing in the same league! I guess we might see a maple leaf brooch very soon.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I wouldn't want to imply for one moment that Kate was adopting this as a fashion item, but the importance of the occasion and historic significance aside, it doesn't look out of place as part of this outfit.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes, I wouldn't want to imply for one moment that Kate was adopting this as a fashion item, but the importance of the occasion and historic significance aside, it doesn't look out of place as part of this outfit.
You are right, the brooch goes perfectly with the outfit. I would bet that Kate (or her stylist, if she has one) has thought very carefully about the combination. It's a great combination of fashionable elegance and simbolic meaning. Well done, Kate!
I guess, that one reason why I would like Kate to wear brooches more frequently, is that especially brooches often carry simbolic meaning. I just want to see a continuation of the royal tradition .
Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

It seems the brooch belongs not to the RF but to the regiment and they gave it to her to wear...it has been worn by the Queen Mum and Anne but they didn't own it
YouTube - Royals visit regiment ‏
Old 06-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Courtier

While I personally don't really care for brooches, I think this was a lovely gesture on her part to wear it, it looked good and did not look out of place as it matched the gold buttons on her jacket. Will looked absolutely smashing, and dare I say the one time he looked better than Kate!!! LOL. (what is it about a man in a uniform??!!)

EDT: just looking (more like drooling LOL!) at the pics of Will again, I wish they hemmed his trouser legs to fit him better, it actually looks a little sloppy that they are slightly too long for him.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

i like the broach detail. that means that she's very careful with details and always makes good choices. i think the bracelet was perfect for the outfit. and the earrings were perfect for her personality: less is more.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Royal wearing Irish Guard's shamrock gold brooch http://i51.tinypic.com/2mwbak1.jpg
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was disappointed in the earrings.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I was disappointed in the earrings.
I agree with you there, but then again, I don't like earrings that hang. Brooch and bracelet I approve (not like it matters really). I'm wondering, is the bracelet silver or white gold? Her earrings looked like they were yellow gold, and the brooch too. It would clash if she wore a piece of silver jewelry with that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Catherine's jewellery at military event, 06.25.2011:
- bracelet (with a "C" under a crown, on the medal)
that is one of the tackiest things I have ever seen a princess worn
Old 06-27-2011, 04:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I have to agree with you there. I don't think that your cypher for your notepaper, if that is what it is, should be worn on your wrist !

For me Catherine should have worn the Shamrock brooch a little nearer the center of her coat, it looks like an after thought to me ,but that is just my opinion
Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I'm a fan of charm bracelets since they can tell a story about the individual that is wearing a bracelet, give some hints to the relationship with the person who has gifted the charms and can build the story over years and decades. That said, the current charm reminds me a bit of the Tiffany Heart Tag Bracelet that was designed with the sole purpose of bringing the Tiffany brand to the pedestrian masses with a low cost item. I'll be interested to see how this bracelet evolves.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Can anybody identify the earrings Catherine is wearing at Wimbledon today?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

I liked the Bracelet ...

Quote:
I liked it.

I would guess, if I had to, that it was a gift. I would further guess (all intuition and a little reading the signs, if you will) that it was a wedding gift from William.

Of all the relationships of which I am aware between a royal born and a royal made - there always seems to be a similar gift. To me, it speaks volumes - and I liked it. It made me smile.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

they are undoubtedly the sapphire earrings:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge watch Andy Murray play at Wimbledon - Telegraph
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

I love those earrings!!!