The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I was always lead to believe it was HRH the Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon whom Diana thought was spying on her.
Does that mean you don't believe in the recollections thankfully preserved for history and further reference in the book by highly reputable psychic Simone S.?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Perhaps Diana thought everyone was spying on her!

Back to the sapphire--I certainly hope that this is not true--that would be horrible that a priceless jewel was stolen from the backyard (although it is equally horrible that it was buried in the yard as well). I can't recall a time period for when this thing was buried, but when was the last time Diana wore the necklace of this set? Anyone know? We can create a timeline for the sapphire! Based on the book (which I do not own but there are excerpts that I can access online) this Simone woman came over to KP and "healed the house" after Charles moved out--so, let's begin with that time.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Does that mean you don't believe in the recollections thankfully preserved for history and further reference in the book by highly reputable psychic Simone S.?
Not one for psychics myself, and generally have vey little time for their, 'recollections'...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Diana certainly liked to dig a lot in her garden, didnt she, according to the various stories we've been told.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Not one for psychics myself, and generally have vey little time for their, 'recollections'...
Oh my, it seems we don't have much time for understanding irony either on these Forums.
The 'digging in her own garden' quip is rather too obscene for my taste though... not too funny.

If I remember correctly, Princess Diana didn't wear the necklace of the Saudi suite after 1992, neither with the sapphire pendant nor the PoW feather pendant.
Maybe it's possible to return to a discussion of her jewels - instead of their burial places, fabricated in some psychic's mind and put into writing to be able to fill a few more pages in a book she tried to sell...
Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, Boris! How do we know it wasn't fabricated? It may well be true--especially if we never again saw this wonderful sapphire after 1992. True, it may be simply speculation, but there are certainly worse topics that have been speculated about on these threads. I would be interested in knowing if the story were true--and would Simone S., regardless of that fact that she is a psychic of, in my own opinion, little merit, would she have put in a book to read by many persons that Diana buried a stone, and then it disappeared and it not be true? If the stone were to reappear she would be branded a phony and a liar; for someon who probably still profits from Diana I would imagine she would not want to be labeled a liar. I do think it is interesting that we never saw the sapphire again after 1992--especially since she got to keep other significant wedding gifts (Lover's Knot, emerald choker, sapphire brooch). It seems odd that such a valuable gift was lost--at least to me anyway.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is no proof that it was lost.
Books written by 'close friends' cashing in on Princess Diana are not exactly known for the authenticity of their contents, are they...?
After 1992, we saw the emerald choker worn only one more time - on Diana's last birthday, a month before her death -, we never saw the lover's knot tiara again, nor the opal center choker, nor the diamond & gold necklace with heart shaped center, nor the PoW pendant, etc. -
For all we know, they might be buried along with the whole 1987 modern ruby tassel necklace in the backyard since the last time they were seen in public. Certainly, enough negative energy had been building up.
By the way, Princess Diana didn't 'get to keep' her wedding gifts. They belonged to her.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
By the way, Princess Diana didn't 'get to keep' her wedding gifts. They belonged to her.
The royal pieces that were gifted to her by The Queen and The Queen Mother as wedding presents were identified and covered in her divorce agreement. She was allowed to keep them for her lifetime, with the proviso they could never be lent or sold. They were to be given to Prince William after her death for his wife to wear.

Because of her tragic early death and the age of William at the time, those pieces were all returned to The Queen. Whether they will be worn again by his future wife is an open question.

Her other jewels were all left to William and Harry for their future wives.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Branchg, surely those items would be automatically given to William's wife as stipulated in the divorce agreement?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Which means that the "notorious" sapphire necklace will be given to Kate (she's the most possible candidate,don't shoot me )?I said that as a joke the other day...well......
Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
There is no proof that it was lost.
Too true, too true! I hope they're not buried with that sapphire!! I relent and I hope that we see the sapphire again soon.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

http://s5.tinypic.com/6jn90o.jpg (1982)
http://s5.tinypic.com/2s1vpj9.jpg (1982)
http://s5.tinypic.com/osaej8.jpg (1995)
http://s5.tinypic.com/29wppw4.jpg (1991)
http://s5.tinypic.com/10qjn5z.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/2nuu068.jpg (1982)
http://s5.tinypic.com/sgljrp.jpg (1986)
http://s5.tinypic.com/vip2x0.jpg (1993)

Princess Diana' earrings.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2j2937c.jpg
Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Beautiful jewels!!I especially liked the earrings in the 2nd picture(Diana's blue eyes are glowing here)!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know the story of the earings that Diana wears in my profile picture? I saw them on the Diana's jewels website as aquarimarine and diamond earings, but with no background info.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Grace, I dont remember seeing that picture before now. Do you know where and when it was taken? It would be easier to research...
Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Nobility

These are the same earings as are on the Diana's jewels website- if you go on the website ( link is earlier on thread) and look at the earings, you'll find them. I'm not sure when and where this picture was taken,it's rare no info given.I found it on flickr, and that person seems no longer to be on flickr (hasn't posted pics since '05), so I can't really ask them and they don't say where they got the picture. But these are the same earings she wore with the Spencer tiara and the pale blue evening dress in the 1980s photo where her eyes are lined with blue eye shadow, which is the photo on the Diana's jewels website. I just looked on flickr, and it doesn't say where the picture was taken, but it says the year is 1996.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Royal Highness

Menkes has the photo you describe (blue eyeliner, aquamarine earrings) in her book
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Those lovely sapphire earrings are reworked from the Saudi wedding gift. I believe Diana took stones from the watch to create the earrings.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh my, it seems we don't have much time for understanding irony either on these Forums.
I was just refreshing my memory trawling though some older threads and I found this gem. Boris you rock! Irony . . . . is an acquired taste and sometimes leads to metaphoric outraged lynch mobs! I speak from immoderate experience.
Quote:
Maybe it's possible to return to a discussion of her jewels - instead of their burial places, fabricated in some psychic's mind and put into writing to be able to fill a few more pages in a book she tried to sell...
Well there is no shortage of absolute garbage by pschics etc, all legends in their own lunchtime, trying to flog off their latest bit of tatty trash but IMHO no-one is stupid enough to bury their jewellry.

As to Diana's personal jewelry? I would not be at all surprised if it wasn't already in William's possession, albeit stashed in the vault for safekeeping!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you, MARG...!
Regarding the beautiful aquamarine and diamond earrings:
They were first seen during the Wales' tour through Germany in autumn 1987, in Munich. Their was never any info to be found about their provenance.
Speculation points towards the Gulf tour through four Middle Eastern monarchies exactly one year earlier - the Omani sapphires were first worn during the visit to Germany as well, and it's possible that the aquamarine earrings were also a gift from an Arab ruler given during the earlier tour.
The avatar picture of Diana wearing them was taken in late 1995, I believe... some evening function where Diana was accompanied by Al Fayed sr., wearing a rarely seen ice blue full-length C. Walker dress.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you all for the interesting information on the sapphire earrings
About these last pictures:I really like these pearl earrings,but not this tiara.It's just too big for Diana.Of course,she looks like an angel one more time

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales