The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

It is certainly true that we can't blame ANP--they aren't the dedicated "Joolies" that we are!
I had forgotten that she wore the diamond riviere and pearl drop of that necklace--it's a pity because the entire necklace itself is so very lovely.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

http://s5.tinypic.com/iyotw2.jpg (1982)

Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Actually, she has worn the diamond necklace:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ndnecklace.jpg
Thanks for the photo!! I can't believe I had never seen that photo before.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

They've all received serious jewels from the Saudi Royals--Diana received that fabulous sapphire suite (the one she buried), HM has received beautiful jewels from them--rubies and diamonds, etc.... I think even Sarah got some rubies.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Burried how, Janet? Not literally, I hope?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

I believe she said that literally...grrrrr....
Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Apparently, the large sapphire in the necklace that Diana received from the Saudi's was giving off negative energy to Diana, so she buried in her the garden at Kensington Palace--and when she went back to get it, it was gone! Seriously, I've read this numerous places but the pragmatic person in me cannot believe it!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The story about the sapphire ‚burial’ is by Simone Simmons, Princess Diana’s alleged ‚psychic’ who sold her Diana tales in the form of a book.

It certainly has to be taken with a whole avalanche of salt.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

You'd think burying it in the vault at the Castle would have been sufficient.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Apparently, the large sapphire in the necklace that Diana received from the Saudi's was giving off negative energy to Diana, so she buried in her the garden at Kensington Palace--
Funny as it may sound (and I am no believer of psychics or a lot of the alernative stuff Diana was in to), a number of my South Asian friends believe that sapphires are "strong" stones, and may not suit everybody. That is why they always advice when buying a sapphire, sleep with it under your pillow overnight. If you have a bad dream, do not buy it and return it.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
They've all received serious jewels from the Saudi Royals--Diana received that fabulous sapphire suite (the one she buried), HM has received beautiful jewels from them--rubies and diamonds, etc.... I think even Sarah got some rubies.

What do you mean buried? As in shovel, dirt, ashes to ashes? And if so, have they been recovered? NUTS I tell you, absolutely certifiable.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you all for the information!!I wonder how could Diana believe in good and bad energy or "aura",as they call it(if this story with the sapphire necklace is true)...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

anyone in possesion of a "bad" sapphire may feel free to send it to me as I seem to have no problem with any gems. hahahah!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Thank you all for the information!!I wonder how could Diana believe in good and bad energy or "aura",as they call it(if this story with the sapphire necklace is true)...
...and I wonder how anyone can believe in that tale from Simone Simmon's book.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
What do you mean buried? As in shovel, dirt, ashes to ashes? And if so, have they been recovered? NUTS I tell you, absolutely certifiable.
Seriously-I mean really, how can anyone make this stuff up? Diana, when she was hanging out with one of those psychics she consulted for everything, felt that that huge Saudi sapphire was giving off negative energy. She buried in her garden at Kensington Palace, and went back either two weeks or a month later to dig it back up--because by then the negative energy would be gone--only to find it was no longer there! In this book called, "Diana: The Last Word" by Simone Simons; apparently Diana felt like the stone had bad memories in its past and that she had bad luck whenever she wore it. She was told by Simone to soak the stone in salt water (OMG!!!!! Why would you do that to jewelry???). So, Diana said her staff would think she was crazy and she decided to bury in the walled garden at KP--but she was paranoid about Princess Michael, who could see what was going on from her own apartment at the Palace. So, yada yada yada, time passes for a month, she goes back and it has disappeared. So, that's the story as I understand it. My question is this: WHO BURIES A HUGE PRICELESS SAPPHIRE IN THE DIRT???? I mean, really, that's just insane.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

The most impressive aspect about that weird psychic's sapphire fairy tale is the totally reliable one and only source:
Namely the weird psychic Simone S. herself.
Utter rubbish.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Courtier

How nice will it be to one day see that sapphire worn by a new Princess William of Wales.... (then we'll all know exactly what to think about Simone..)
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
...she was paranoid about Princess Michael, who could see what was going on from her own apartment at the Palace.
It would be even funnier to see the sapphire worn by Princess Michael.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It would be even funnier to see the sapphire worn by Princess Michael.
Sure beats everything so far, Warren!
In Macchiavellian mood, reluctant mother-in-law-to-be Princess Michael will actually place the stone around the neck of her unsuspecting daughter-in-law on wedding day with a devillish smile, thereby ruining the poor actress's relationship with press, public and potential employers forever.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I was always lead to believe it was HRH the Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon whom Diana thought was spying on her.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales