The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Courtier

That choker returned to HM on Diana's death - it was on exhibition at Buckingham Palace with other jewels as part of the evening gowns exhibition. In all probability it will not be worn for some years to come. The Queen seems to prefer the longer necklace with it's negligee drops, and I can't see Camilla borrowing that choker as it is a fairly small necklace - it was snug even on Diana.

Camilla seems to be happiest wearing treasures from the jewel caskets of the late Queen Mother or pieces which have no obvious royal connections (apart from a few bits that were once Alice Keppel's) I'm sure she has the sense to stay away from wearing anything directly connected to Diana.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla has not worn any items which were formerly worn by Diana.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

heres a brooch Diana wore and theres a pic of Camilla wearing the same...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/arti...nd-brooch.html
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

There's some disagreement whether they're the same or just similar.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are two different brooches similar but different.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Are we really going to go back down this road regarding the POW feather brooch again? Princess B, I refer you to post number 61. I can certainly see where it looks as if the brooches may be the same, but they are not. There are only so many ways to style a Prince of Wales feather brooch. These are two different brooches given to Queen Alexandra; the emeralds are different, the number of stones are different, etc... they are not the same. However, being the current Princess of Wales if Camilla wants to wear a family piece Diana wore she has every right to do so--but I honestly believe that Camilla has no desire at all to wear any piece that was every associated with Diana for two reasons--one, why do something that will bring negative press? She's too smart for that. Two, it would be disrespectful to William and Harry.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are at least four different Prince of Wales feather brooches, including two made for Alexandra when she was Princess of Wales, and another two, one made for Mary and another that was given to Diana as a wedding gift from The Queen Mother.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène View Post
There's a superb 5 parts documentary on Youtube, called: Diana, her life in jewels... [snipped]
Thanks for the clip!
The sapphire jewellery presented by the Saudis looked grandeur. I regard 11 strand pearl chocker as the most amazing piece. I think that Princess Diana did a great job wearing chockers.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

I agree about that 11 strand choker--that is gorgeous, really her signature piece if you think about it. She wore jewels very well--
the youtube clips were good, and offered great pictures, but it had a lot of facts wrong--which really annoys me! But, the clips were nice to look at.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

'Britain' :
Here is Princess Diana wearing a lavender dress by Versace (mentioned in YouTube clip @9.36, see post 64 by clymeme) with a different pearl choker. This three-strand choker is superb. I can only image the price...

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

they could be costume jewelry.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Courtier

^ Yes she did wear a lot of costume jewelry.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Aristocracy

Hey I have read that one of the Saudi jewel was translated into a headband by Diana can any1 say what piece was that Bracelet or her necklace????
Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Administrator

The Cambridge Emeralds choker was attached to black velvet and worn as a bandeau or headband on at least two occasions.
Diana also had a choker created from the Saudi sapphire and diamond wedding gift suite. This choker was worn as a headband at a banquet in honour of Emperor Hirohito.

Scroll down to the bottom of this link to see pictures of both jewels.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

I have to say, Diana did have style--but those chokers as headbands across her forehead a'la 1920 just do not look right to me. I much prefer her wearing them traditionally. I also wish she had worn more brooches, but I love that Cartier Tank watch of hers.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The Cambridge Emeralds choker was attached to black velvet and worn as a bandeau or headband on at least two occasions.
Diana also had a choker created from the Saudi sapphire and diamond wedding gift suite. This choker was worn as a headband at a banquet in honour of Emperor Hirohito.

Scroll down to the bottom of this link to see pictures of both jewels.
The art deco emerald choker of PDiana's was my personal favorate piece of all her jewelry(Iknow it wasn't really hers). So Stunning, I would very much like to have it!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:24 PM

CBC Canada

Not sure if some royal followers are familiar with the CBC in Canada, but the CBC has a program called The Passionate Eye, and all this week they're broadcasting everything Royal. On Christmas night there will be a program on called Princess Diana: Her Life in Jewels.

Here's the link: CBC Newsworld : Passionate Eye Showcase : Documentary

Now I know for those who don't live in Canada, might not be able to watch it, so I checked the CBC store, in case there are those who would like to purchase a copy of this series, and unfortunately, I can't find a DVD of it in the online store. SORRY However, here's the link to the CBC online store, and there is a phone number, for those who might want to call and inquire about any of The Passionate Eye Royal Episodes.

CBC Shop Online

Hope this helps....
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Royal Highness

I have seen this program and it is wonderful eye candy! However, I suggest watching with a grain of salt. There are several inaccuracies about Diana's jewels, their history and the narrator states several times that Camilla wears several pieces of Diana's jewelry, which is untrue. But, as I said it is DELIGHTFUL eye candy!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hello Magazine Monday October 9, 2006, has photos of Camilla wearing a brooch of D's.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Hello Magazine Monday October 9, 2006, has photos of Camilla wearing a brooch of D's.
It's not Diana's brooch. There were several brooches made for Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary with the Prince of Wales feathers, so it's not the same one.

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales