The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Would love to see that one come out of the vault. Most likely it will be Kate wearing it though...she seems to prefer the Sapphires. She will look stunning in it.

LaRae

Old 02-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Majesty

Once again we don't really know what Meghan feels about the real deal of jewellery. She has one or two nice pieces that we have seen and that she would wear going out to appropriate places and occasions. Those occasions would have been few.

What we do know is that she preferred a plain diamond engagement ring. As to the rest of Diana's jewellery, I think they have been loath to really touch them until such time as Harry married. I will be interested to see what pops up after the wedding.

Old 02-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Majesty

I think the reason at least some folks think Meghan isn't really into jewelry is because she's never been seen wearing much of it...and what little we've seen has been very simple..gold and no colored stones.

I'm hoping in the next year we start seeing more being worn when they have the opportunity that is...not as many fancy events seems like.

LaRae
Old 02-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Would it not be delightful to see Catherine and Meghan each wearing some of Diana's jewellery when they attend Princess Eugenie's wedding?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Yes!

LaRae
Old 02-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Courtier

I think Meghan will end up with the Cartier Watch.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I think Meghan will end up with the Cartier Watch.
Wearing other people's jewelry may not be Meghan's thing. Just a hunch. We shall see, of course. I mean she will wear the royal collection of jewels, of course, but a personal piece of jewelry to wear daily is another matter entirely, especially if it's from a (deceased) mother-in-law. JMO. Meghan may have a completely different view and be thrilled to wear the Cartier Watch.

This is an area that seems to elicit two attitudes: those enthusiastic about Diana's personal jewelry being worn by her daughters-in-law, and those who find this a bit creepy. I am in the latter category, especially when it comes to jewelry my beloved should be giving to me to remind me of him (and him of me). I want my beloved to have loved his mother and consequently respect women, but I do not want my beloved to have a 'thing' regarding his mother. That starts down a path I prefer not to go. Just me.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Please stay on topic! Both Kate and Meghan have their own jewels threads.

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales