Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and it's a shame she didn't own the necklace (or suite) at the time of her death. Long been sold (two or three times now) ....would of loved to of seen it worn by Kate/Meghan or one of their daughters/daughters-in-law.

LaRae

That is a beautiful set.

Lovely as the combination of pearls and diamonds is, I cannot help but feel that the necklace does not stand up against so many jewels we have seen royal ladies wear.

Its pretty but not magnificent. But as Di grew older I think she preferred more simple minimalist clothe and jewels...

Do we know what was the fate of the necklace is it still with her sons?

All sources I have seen said since she had not paid for the necklace prior to her death it went back to the jeweler and was later sold.

LaRae

Do we know what was the fate of the necklace is it still with her sons?

All sources I have seen said since she had not paid for the necklace prior to her death it went back to the jeweler and was later sold.

LaRae

That is right, I think the necklace has come up for sale at least twice since the death of Diana.

She might be loaned it, like Diana was, since she'll undoubtedly have more use for it than her Spencer relatives -- but it's the property of the Spencers; her great-uncle and his son after that. They're not just going to turn it over to the BRF.

Also, said BRF also has literally a score of tiaras themselves Charlotte could probably wear. Also, tabloids are generally not a reliable news source.

We learned about the Spencer Tiara. However, which Spencer Tiara since there is more than one Spencer Tiara? I am speaking of the Spencer Tiara Lady (Princess) Diana wore on her wedding day.
The Spencer Tiara was a family heirloom. The following narrates the making of it.

I think it’s well known which tiara Diana wore on her wedding day and that it was a Spencer family heirloom.

To get back to the original question and the silly tabloid article, I just pose the question —why would Earl Spencer, Diana’s brother who has I think five daughters, allow a Spencer heirloom to go out of the family? Even if in the future Charles Spencer’s daughters and perhaps granddaughters have no use for this tiara at their weddings, why would he want a non-Spencer to have it? Charlotte will (if the monarchy survives) be a King’s daughter and therefore be loaned several tiaras from the BP vaults in her adult life if she has need of them.

Last edited:
The Spencer tiara won't even go to one of the current earl's daughters, it will go to his eldest son, the next earl. I really doubt that Earl Spencer is currently willing to sell the famous tiara, and it's completely out of the question that he'll gift it away from his own kids.

The Spencer Tiara would not have gotten so much attention if Diana had not worn it on her wedding day.
Why did the Spencer Tiara not get intense publicity when Lady Sarah or Lady Jane Spencer each wore it on their wedding day?

The obvious reply is that neither Sarah nor Jane married the Prince of Wales!

Prince Charles was the key factor. With Lady Diana becoming Princess Diana, the Spencer Tiara sparkled even brighter with more news coverage.

Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom