The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually the Spencer tiara was perfect for Diana to wear for her wedding. It is a sparkling, glittering, dainty type of a tiara perfect for a young 20 year old wearing what looked like a fairy tale princess dress to a fairy tale wedding.

I do have to agree with Duc_et_Pair that if Diana hadn't worn this tiara for a momentous occasion such as her wedding to the Prince of Wales, this tiara wouldn't ever be classified as anything special except to the Spencer family.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually the Spencer tiara was perfect for Diana to wear for her wedding. It is a sparkling, glittering, dainty type of a tiara perfect for a young 20 year old wearing what looked like a fairy tale princess dress to a fairy tale wedding.

I do have to agree with Duc_et_Pair that if Diana hadn't worn this tiara for a momentous occasion such as her wedding to the Prince of Wales, this tiara wouldn't ever be classified as anything special except to the Spencer family.
Will we ever have another fairytale princess?

Old 10-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Will we ever have another fairytale princess?
After Diana I really think that's best left in Disney Films...
Old 10-20-2017, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
After Diana I really think that's best left in Disney Films...
Why do you think that?
Old 10-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Why do you think that?
Because the weight of expectations piled up upon both the Prince and Princess WORLDWIDE were simply too much for any couple to live up to..

As a direct result it was a disaster for the couple involved, for their children, families and the institution they all serve...

It would be FAR worse now [in the age of the Internet and Social Media] should such a tragedy occur again...
Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Because the weight of expectations piled up upon both the Prince and Princess WORLDWIDE were simply too much for any couple to live up to..

As a direct result it was a disaster for the couple involved, for their children, families and the institution they all serve...

It would be FAR worse now [in the age of the Internet and Social Media] should such a tragedy occur again...
Say Harry married a women similar to Diana and the media want her as their fairytale princess and Modern Day Princess that would be too much for Harry and whomever his wife will be to handle?
Old 10-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

No-one can say for certain.. but the pressure to be 'picture-book' perfect in every respect, ALL the time is a very great burden, and personally I wish it on no-one.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
No-one can say for certain.. but the pressure to be 'picture-book' perfect in every respect, ALL the time is a very great burden, and personally I wish it on no-one.
But Princess Diana didn't want to be picture book perfect. She knew the image people wanted was being the glamorous princess.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Please stay on topic, which is Diana's jewellery. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:42 AM
Majesty

Diana wore the pearl tiara at emperor Akihitos enthronement in 1990

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/15/83/6...s-of-wales.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/71/1e/90/7...s-of-wales.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/64/d2/ed/6...ish-royals.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d3/18/67/d...e-princess.jpg
Old 12-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Majesty

Lover's Knot.

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales