The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2017, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually the Spencer tiara was perfect for Diana to wear for her wedding. It is a sparkling, glittering, dainty type of a tiara perfect for a young 20 year old wearing what looked like a fairy tale princess dress to a fairy tale wedding.

I do have to agree with Duc_et_Pair that if Diana hadn't worn this tiara for a momentous occasion such as her wedding to the Prince of Wales, this tiara wouldn't ever be classified as anything special except to the Spencer family.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually the Spencer tiara was perfect for Diana to wear for her wedding. It is a sparkling, glittering, dainty type of a tiara perfect for a young 20 year old wearing what looked like a fairy tale princess dress to a fairy tale wedding.

I do have to agree with Duc_et_Pair that if Diana hadn't worn this tiara for a momentous occasion such as her wedding to the Prince of Wales, this tiara wouldn't ever be classified as anything special except to the Spencer family.
Will we ever have another fairytale princess?

Old 10-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Will we ever have another fairytale princess?
After Diana I really think that's best left in Disney Films...
Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
After Diana I really think that's best left in Disney Films...
Why do you think that?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why do you think that?
Because the weight of expectations piled up upon both the Prince and Princess WORLDWIDE were simply too much for any couple to live up to..

As a direct result it was a disaster for the couple involved, for their children, families and the institution they all serve...

It would be FAR worse now [in the age of the Internet and Social Media] should such a tragedy occur again...
Old 10-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Because the weight of expectations piled up upon both the Prince and Princess WORLDWIDE were simply too much for any couple to live up to..

As a direct result it was a disaster for the couple involved, for their children, families and the institution they all serve...

It would be FAR worse now [in the age of the Internet and Social Media] should such a tragedy occur again...
Say Harry married a women similar to Diana and the media want her as their fairytale princess and Modern Day Princess that would be too much for Harry and whomever his wife will be to handle?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

No-one can say for certain.. but the pressure to be 'picture-book' perfect in every respect, ALL the time is a very great burden, and personally I wish it on no-one.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
No-one can say for certain.. but the pressure to be 'picture-book' perfect in every respect, ALL the time is a very great burden, and personally I wish it on no-one.
But Princess Diana didn't want to be picture book perfect. She knew the image people wanted was being the glamorous princess.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Please stay on topic, which is Diana's jewellery. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diana wore the pearl tiara at emperor Akihitos enthronement in 1990

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/15/83/6...s-of-wales.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/71/1e/90/7...s-of-wales.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/64/d2/ed/6...ish-royals.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d3/18/67/d...e-princess.jpg
Old 12-05-2017, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Lover's Knot.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Did any of Princess Diana's jewellery go to her sisters, Lady Sarah and Lady Jane?
Old 02-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Did any of Princess Diana's jewellery go to her sisters, Lady Sarah and Lady Jane?
I don’t think so. I believe everything returned to her sons, William and Harry. I think this was in her will.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Nobility

Did Diana have any ruby jewelry? As far as colored gems, I've seen her in sapphires of course, emeralds, amethysts, pearls and aquamarines. I just can't recall any rubies, even things on loan from HM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Did Diana have any ruby jewelry? As far as colored gems, I've seen her in sapphires of course, emeralds, amethysts, pearls and aquamarines. I just can't recall any rubies, even things on loan from HM.
Yes, you can view them here: Scroll Down-
Diana's Diamond and Gemstone Necklaces

Diana had and borrowed lots of jewels that we haven’t seen in decades.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, you can view them here: Scroll Down-
Diana's Diamond and Gemstone Necklaces

Diana had and borrowed lots of jewels that we haven’t seen in decades.
Thank you, Dman! All of the ruby jewels shown in the 3 pictures are lovely, but that tassel demi-parure is breathtaking.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Majesty

I hope we start seeing more of her jewelry as time goes by.

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope so too. Diana’s jewels are very nice. Catherine is starting to debut the jewels, but so far, she haven’t touched the Saudi Suite. Her and Meghan can breathe some new life into all those jewels.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Majesty

It will be interesting to see what Meghan wears ...she seems to wear less jewelry than Kate does.

All that lovely jewelry and no one wearing it!

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 08:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It will be interesting to see what Meghan wears ...she seems to wear less jewelry than Kate does.

All that lovely jewelry and no one wearing it!

LaRae
I think it has something to do with the young royals not wanting to appear too flashy with jewels as the older generation of royal ladies before them. Although Catherine seems to be settling down and realizing that the family jewels are part of the royal uniform.

I also think Catherine has made a (very personal choice) to not dive into her late mother in laws jewels right away. It seems like a gradual process for her.

We have to wait and see how Meghan will approach wearing the family jewels.

Catherine and Meghan should dust off the Diamond and Sapphire Saudi Arabian Suite and wear it though.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales