The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I know...I hope one day they will come out of the vaults again!

LaRae

Old 07-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The Dehli were made for Queen Mary and she left them to her granddaughter. The queen allowed Diana to keep them after divorce on the understanding she could never sell them, and they would revert back to the crown on death.

Cambridge & Delhi Danbar Parure,Emerald Choker,Tiara and Necklace

Diana also had the sultan of Oman suite, but considering it was given on a royal tour, likely reverted back to royal collection.

Princess Diana’s Jewels: The Sultan of Oman Suite – My Blog

She had diamonds as well. Camilla has received rubies and emeralds from the Middle East.
The Oman suite was not reverted to the crown. It was her personal property. The rules didn't change until 2005 with royal tours gifts will be reverted to the crown and not one to keep.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Majesty

I think that the Duchess of Cambridge would look fantastic in the emeralds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I know...I hope one day they will come out of the vaults again!

LaRae
Old 07-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

She would look great in a number of those jewels....sapphires, pearls, emeralds, diamonds, rubies, and the aquamarines Diana wore.

I do think sapphires compliment Kate very well though.

LaRae
Old 07-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Majesty

Jewels in Motion: Diana's Wedding Jewels | The Court Jeweller

Her jewels were stunning. Along with the tiara, her earrings are very beautiful.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the Spencer Tiara...so sorry we won't see the wives of W&H wearing it.

Maybe Charlotte someday...

LaRae
Old 07-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

why would charlotte be wearing it?
Old 07-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I said I'd like to see it...'maybe someday'. Charlotte is part of the Spencer family too. Doesn't mean it's likely to happen.

LaRae
Old 07-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I said I'd like to see it...'maybe someday'. Charlotte is part of the Spencer family too. Doesn't mean it's likely to happen.

LaRae
Charlotte may have some Spencer blood, but she is not "main line" Spencer. That tiara will be inherited, if it is not sold, by the children of the Earl Spencer.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I know all this... Can't someone just say they'd loved to see Charlotte in the Tiara without all the negative?

LaRae
Old 07-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's only a little thing, I don't think of her beign old enough to wear tiaras for a long time. and I don't honestly think the Spencer tiara is that attractive, so if I were Charlotte I'd hold out for one of the royal ones.. they are nicer.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Courtier

That to me has always been a very beautiful tiara for the design is very feminine. I would hope that Earl Spencer has the forthright to realize that times change and he has put in into a family trust not be ever be sold. We royal watcher know just how many of the family tiaras get sold and are lost forever. One of my favorite's tiaras gone forever was the Poltimore Tiara so hope the family learns from the mistakes of others with tiaras.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm in agreement with the idea of keeping the family tiaras in the family. as the times pass, the occasions for tiaras and formal wear have seriously declined so when the occasions do arise, its nice to see tiaras with provenance and a lot of history behind them being brought out and used again.

The Spencer tiara most likely though will be kept for use in the direct Spencer line. The Earl Spencer's daughter. Charlotte. is more likely to wear the tiara in the future rather than William's Charlotte though. As time passes, William's Charlotte will have access to wear some of the tiaras in the royal vault (like the Halo) whereas Charlotte Spencer will only have access to the Spencer tiaras.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly. And Charles S has 5 daughters, so I doubt he's going to be lending one of his to Princess C who will have plenty of her own unless there was some speicail occasion where she wanted to wear one htat her grandmother had worn.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Exactly. And Charles S has 5 daughters, so I doubt he's going to be lending one of his to Princess C who will have plenty of her own unless there was some speicail occasion where she wanted to wear one htat her grandmother had worn.
In time and as the monarchy progresses, I can see Princess Charlotte even wearing the Lover's Knot tiara that has been returned to the Queen's vault that Diana used to wear. That would more identify Charlotte with her grandmother than the Spencer tiara one in my book.

I don't see Princess Charlotte being identified with either of her grandparents individually but more so as a product of the both of them as time passes. She'll be a descendant of both the Windsors and the Spencers and have an unique personality of her own.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

No, Diana's father didn't buy her a watch in 1996. The man died in 1992, BTW.
A royal romance told in Princess Diana's gems* | Daily Mail Online

Another article on Diana's jewels-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...t-friends.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-26-2017, 01:05 AM
Majesty

The Spencer Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This is one of my favorites. It looks like a princess from a fairytale would wear. It just regal and stunning. The design is spectacular.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Majesty

I have the idea you are projecting one of your favorite royals with it and so the Spencer diadem becomes something special. Look at the own merites of the diadem: an "off the shelf" design with lots of scrollwork, set with stones which only needed to have some sparkle (the strictness on colour, cut, clarity and carat was not applied). It is also visible that the central part differs in design from the rest of the diadem and looks as if a brooch has been used as a centre piece.

It is what it is: a wonderful diadem for a Countess Spencer, the châtelaine of Althorp hosting a nice ball there. The Spencers have another diadem, the design is questionable, but in everything a truly royal and grand diadem unlike this one.

Had Lady Diana never wore this diadem at her worldfamous wedding and had one only seen it worn by her sisters Lady Jane or Lady Frances, one would hardly have noticed that diadem.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Nobility

The dictionary definition of regal is;

of, resembling, or fit for a monarch, especially in being magnificent or dignified.
"her regal bearing"
synonyms:majestic, grand, impressive, imposing, splendid, superb, magnificent, noble, proud, stately, dignified, exalted, glorious, striking, spectacular, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, sumptuous, opulent, fine, luxurious, deluxe, lavish, resplendent, monumental, palatial, august, distinguished, great;

The Spencer Tiara is lightweight and sparkling in the right lights but not regal.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I've always liked the Spencer Tiara.

LaRae

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales