The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks TheTruth that neckalace was so beautiful I wish she wore it with the Lover's Knot Tiara. :)

Old 10-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Thanks TheTruth that neckalace was so beautiful I wish she wore it with the Lover's Knot Tiara. :)
Yes, it would have been really wonderful ! The curves of the 2 jewels would have fit perfectly.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-02-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I think the Spencers have three tiaras. The Marie Antionette one is tortoisshell?? I've heard that--I don't know. The other is HIDEOUS. It's all over the Worst Royal Jewels thread. Here's a link
http://photos.case.edu/photo/1774.jpg
I mean UGH. It looks like two tiaras, one of top of the other. Individually, they would be nice, but together--imagine that on Diana on her wedding day. Not so fairytale like now, huh?
Yeah, it is .... well, ugly.... but maybe it could work on the right head with the right hairstyle, who knows? Some tiaras look weird by themselves, just sitting on a stand and pillow, but then they look cool "in action" so to speak. I dunno....

I would like to see a photo of Raine wearing any tiara, even the "ugly one". Is there a photo somewhere in the forums? Thinking of that, it would also be fun to see Frances wearing a tiara, but I suppose there is a photo of that, except in the private unpublished albums of the Spencer family....

I was playing around with some photos on Corbis and enlarging them. Here are some of the results. First, Diana wearing the other Spencer tiara:
Picture 1 It was a nice tiara for Diana. I always have liked it. I guess the only problem I can find is that the base was almost always visible.
Picture 2 Of coures the sapphires truly steal the show here. Would someone kindly remind of the history behind the necklace? I think it was a gift from one of the Saudi Arabian crown princes? Pardon me, but the Saudi Arabian royal family is so huge and they seem to have more than one crown prince, and I never remember any of their long names....
Picture 3 What is the story behind this necklace? It is quite ugly, I think. I have seen it up close in other pictures and cannot say I have ever liked it.
Picture 4 Spencer tiara worn with a gorgeous pair of earrings
Picture 5 Side view: Was the Spencer tiara one of those "comb tiaras"? Amazing earrings...
Picture 6 Spencer tiara and the Prince of Wales feathers.... Here is a combination that would have made Diana's Spencer ancestors extraordinarily pink in the face. Interestingly enough, Althorp has a "Prince of Wales suite" where apparently George IV stayed when he was Prince of Wales, and fittingly, Diana and Charles used it when they stayed at Althorp. The valet of Prince Charles who died from AIDS, ? Stephen Barry? wrote that he walked into their bedroom during one of the Althorp visits, to find Diana seething after having had a terrible row with Charles, only to find the window broken. Diana said she had thrown something out of the window!
Picture 7
Picture 8 This was an interesting ensemble. I think I like it. I have doubts though. On Diana, this look is stunning. I am not sure how many women could pull it off, though. Do you think it would have been better without the choker?
Picture 9 I am not sure about how the Spencer tiara worked with her short curly hairstyles.
Picture 10

Stay tuned.... next gripping CasiraghiTrio series: Diana and the Lover's Knot
Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

Wonderful post with great close-up photos of some of the jewellry and the Spencer Tiara which i always liked too..
Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
They really should dismantel that tiara.
Some time ago I mocked up a picture of Diana with the version of the Spencer Honeysuckle tiara from the book Ancestral Jewels. The tiara seems to have several variations on how it can be worn (like many others have) The picture is a bit grainy but I wonder what you think of it....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...cer2mockup.jpg
Old 11-03-2007, 03:04 PM

It does not look too bad! It's an ugly tiara by itself, but Diana might have been able to pull it off....

As promised, Diana and the Lover's Knot, with enlarged pictures courtesy of Corbis

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7 Diana is learning here that beauty sometimes can be painful.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Spencer Honeysuckle tiara

Anyone have any other links to pictures of the Spencer Honeysuckle tiara? I'd like to see if I can do a colour mock-up....(sadly I don't have Photoshop)
Old 11-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gillw you did a great job on that pic of Diana.

I really do wish someone would phot edit a photo of Diana wearing the the swan lake necklace with the Lover's Knot tiara.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:32 PM

Try not to laugh. I just downloaded this free photo program tonight and wanted something to try, so I tried to make the lover's knot/swan lake combination....
http://i14.tinypic.com/63ajocl.jpg
Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

It looks wonderful CasiraghiTrio.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

CasiraghiTrio--I couldn't help but laugh, but it gave a lovely idea of how the two would have looked together!

Your links to different photos are just lovely! I have always thought that Spencer family tiara (the nice one) was beautiful, one of the prettiest ones out there. Its isn't imposing,and it quite delicate actually. I did not like it with her short curly hairdo, though .I liked Diana with longer hair. But, she was beautiful none-the-less.
Your picture 3--that modern necklace is ugly, you're dead on about that!

Great photos--while the Lover's Knot is not a favorite of mine, I love the history behind it and I love that the Queen gave it to a young girl in love--it seemed perfectly suited for that purpose.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

another jewel used by Diana and Camilla
The Duchess of Cornwall at the banquet for King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia last week
Diana at Australia 1983

ImageShack - Hosting :: 1039cm3.jpg
Old 11-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
another jewel used by Diana and Camilla
The Duchess of Cornwall at the banquet for King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia last week
I'm afraid this rubbish merely shows the ignorance of those who report it. The Royal Family Order is worn by the Princess Royal, the Countess of Wessex, the Duchess of Gloucester, the Duchess of Kent, Princess Alexandra, and now by the Duchess of Cornwall. It was more latterly also worn by the Queen Mother, Princess Margaret and Princess Alice of Gloucester. The Royal Family Orders granted by Elizabeth II and worn by these royal ladies are to all outwards appearances identical.

To suggest that Camilla is wearing "another jewel used by Diana" with the inference that she is wearing Diana's jewel is nonsense, as anyone who had any understanding of the Queen's personal Order would know.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

I must say that the headline isn't fair at all since the Queen gives the family order to who she wishes to have it and I'm sure that a new one is made up for each new person who recieves one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It does not look too bad! It's an ugly tiara by itself, but Diana might have been able to pull it off....
Does anyone have a picture of this Spencer honeysuckle tiara?...or did I miss it earlier in the thread?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator

The Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara

1. Original
2. & 3. Revamped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara old version.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	288449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara 3.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	288450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara 1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	288451  
Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you so much. I saw this tiara on display and in person it is quite dazzleing and maybe not as ugly as one might think.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Look for in the Worst Royal Jewels thread.......

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Courtier

I do agree daisygoogles. I've seen it too and it is impressive. It is also very versatile - I think there are a number of different ways it can be worn aand could be very pretty if used well on the right person. I think it would be lovely to see one of the Spencer ladies in it.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:55 PM

I think the article from the Daily Mail about Camilla's family order is just the Mail's usual way of trying to portray Camilla as the usurper of Diana's "place" or something. The Mail is always going to convey the idea that Camilla has taken Diana's place, Diana's titles, Diana's jewels, now Diana's order. It's obviously inaccurate, since none of these things personally belonged to Diana. But that's the Mail for you.... inaccurate, biased, one view, one agenda....
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thanks Warren. This latest picture of the Honeysuckle Tiara shows it in better clarity and it looks nicer than I first thought.

Tags
diana, jewellery, princess of wales