Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the Spencer tiara was perfect for Diana to wear for her wedding. It is a sparkling, glittering, dainty type of a tiara perfect for a young 20 year old wearing what looked like a fairy tale princess dress to a fairy tale wedding.

I do have to agree with Duc_et_Pair that if Diana hadn't worn this tiara for a momentous occasion such as her wedding to the Prince of Wales, this tiara wouldn't ever be classified as anything special except to the Spencer family.

Actually the Spencer tiara was perfect for Diana to wear for her wedding. It is a sparkling, glittering, dainty type of a tiara perfect for a young 20 year old wearing what looked like a fairy tale princess dress to a fairy tale wedding.

I do have to agree with Duc_et_Pair that if Diana hadn't worn this tiara for a momentous occasion such as her wedding to the Prince of Wales, this tiara wouldn't ever be classified as anything special except to the Spencer family.

Will we ever have another fairytale princess?

Will we ever have another fairytale princess?

After Diana I really think that's best left in Disney Films...

Why do you think that?

Because the weight of expectations piled up upon both the Prince and Princess WORLDWIDE were simply too much for any couple to live up to..

As a direct result it was a disaster for the couple involved, for their children, families and the institution they all serve...

It would be FAR worse now [in the age of the Internet and Social Media] should such a tragedy occur again...

Because the weight of expectations piled up upon both the Prince and Princess WORLDWIDE were simply too much for any couple to live up to..

As a direct result it was a disaster for the couple involved, for their children, families and the institution they all serve...

It would be FAR worse now [in the age of the Internet and Social Media] should such a tragedy occur again...

Say Harry married a women similar to Diana and the media want her as their fairytale princess and Modern Day Princess that would be too much for Harry and whomever his wife will be to handle?

No-one can say for certain.. but the pressure to be 'picture-book' perfect in every respect, ALL the time is a very great burden, and personally I wish it on no-one.

Last edited:
No-one can say for certain.. but the pressure to be 'picture-book' perfect in every respect, ALL the time is a very great burden, and personally I wish it on no-one.

But Princess Diana didn't want to be picture book perfect. She knew the image people wanted was being the glamorous princess.

Please stay on topic, which is Diana's jewellery. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Did any of Princess Diana's jewellery go to her sisters, Lady Sarah and Lady Jane?

Did any of Princess Diana's jewellery go to her sisters, Lady Sarah and Lady Jane?

I don’t think so. I believe everything returned to her sons, William and Harry. I think this was in her will.

Did Diana have any ruby jewelry? As far as colored gems, I've seen her in sapphires of course, emeralds, amethysts, pearls and aquamarines. I just can't recall any rubies, even things on loan from HM.

Did Diana have any ruby jewelry? As far as colored gems, I've seen her in sapphires of course, emeralds, amethysts, pearls and aquamarines. I just can't recall any rubies, even things on loan from HM.

Yes, you can view them here: Scroll Down-
Diana's Diamond and Gemstone Necklaces

Diana had and borrowed lots of jewels that we haven’t seen in decades.

Last edited:
I hope we start seeing more of her jewelry as time goes by.

LaRae

I hope so too. Diana’s jewels are very nice. Catherine is starting to debut the jewels, but so far, she haven’t touched the Saudi Suite. Her and Meghan can breathe some new life into all those jewels.

It will be interesting to see what Meghan wears ...she seems to wear less jewelry than Kate does.

All that lovely jewelry and no one wearing it!

LaRae

It will be interesting to see what Meghan wears ...she seems to wear less jewelry than Kate does.

All that lovely jewelry and no one wearing it!

LaRae

I think it has something to do with the young royals not wanting to appear too flashy with jewels as the older generation of royal ladies before them. Although Catherine seems to be settling down and realizing that the family jewels are part of the royal uniform.

I also think Catherine has made a (very personal choice) to not dive into her late mother in laws jewels right away. It seems like a gradual process for her.

We have to wait and see how Meghan will approach wearing the family jewels.

Catherine and Meghan should dust off the Diamond and Sapphire Saudi Arabian Suite and wear it though.

Would love to see that one come out of the vault. Most likely it will be Kate wearing it though...she seems to prefer the Sapphires. She will look stunning in it.

LaRae

Once again we don't really know what Meghan feels about the real deal of jewellery. She has one or two nice pieces that we have seen and that she would wear going out to appropriate places and occasions. Those occasions would have been few.

What we do know is that she preferred a plain diamond engagement ring. As to the rest of Diana's jewellery, I think they have been loath to really touch them until such time as Harry married. I will be interested to see what pops up after the wedding.

I think the reason at least some folks think Meghan isn't really into jewelry is because she's never been seen wearing much of it...and what little we've seen has been very simple..gold and no colored stones.

I'm hoping in the next year we start seeing more being worn when they have the opportunity that is...not as many fancy events seems like.

LaRae

Would it not be delightful to see Catherine and Meghan each wearing some of Diana's jewellery when they attend Princess Eugenie's wedding?

I think Meghan will end up with the Cartier Watch.

I think Meghan will end up with the Cartier Watch.

Wearing other people's jewelry may not be Meghan's thing. :cool: Just a hunch. We shall see, of course. I mean she will wear the royal collection of jewels, of course, but a personal piece of jewelry to wear daily is another matter entirely, especially if it's from a (deceased) mother-in-law. JMO. Meghan may have a completely different view and be thrilled to wear the Cartier Watch. :flowers:

This is an area that seems to elicit two attitudes: those enthusiastic about Diana's personal jewelry being worn by her daughters-in-law, and those who find this a bit creepy. I am in the latter category, especially when it comes to jewelry my beloved should be giving to me to remind me of him (and him of me). I want my beloved to have loved his mother and consequently respect women, but I do not want my beloved to have a 'thing' regarding his mother. :huh: That starts down a path I prefer not to go. Just me.

Please stay on topic! Both Kate and Meghan have their own jewels threads.

Diana jewels were beautiful. Really like the ameythst set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom