Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your informative reply. I'd never realised that Diana had adapted the earrings from the suite in this way. I have always admired the way she would experiment with existing pieces, sometimes with quite stunning results.

There are quite a few "convertible" earring pairs. Princess Anne wore two-piece earrings at her original wedding. They, I believe, were all diamond. What a clever idea.

I recognized the lover's knot tiara. What is the name of the other - I don't think it is the Spencer tiara. Then Diana, Princess of Wales had three tiaras?:flowers:

Diana wore the Lover's Knot tiara and the Spencer Tiara in the pictures. She didn't have three tiaras.:flowers:

As promised, Diana and the Lover's Knot, with enlarged pictures courtesy of Corbis
Picture 7 Diana is learning here that beauty sometimes can be painful. :kiss:
I adore this tiara it looks more valuable & royal than the Spencer Tiara it really gave her the image of a real crowned Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
Her Trade Mark

The sapphire is huge. I remember a photo with Diana using the broach to pin her sash in place. But I do like it a chocker.

Yeah it was a great idea to recycle this huge broach & make such a lovely chocker, it's very elegant & dazzling
she really knew how to wear it it became her irreplaceable trade mark

This is a great video Shimoo. Thank you!

Thank you Shimoo for posting this video presentation of the beautiful Princess Diana's lovely jewels.

:previous:
Credit where it's due:
Thanks should go firstly to Josefine who posted the videos last year (see page 7).
No disrespect to shimoo but she has quoted Josefine's original post.

Thank you Shimoo for posting this video presentation of the beautiful Princess Diana's lovely jewels.

I am sorry I missed that, Thank you Josefine for original post and shimoo for quoting the post.

Hi everyone. I have been doing some research on royal jewels and was wondering if anyone knows the origin of the huge sapphire brooch / choker given to Princess Diana by the QEQM?

I absolutely adore this piece, and the earrings too!! My birthstone...pearls. It's perfect!! :D

The Princess looked absolutely gorgeus in that neckalace. It would have looked great with the Lover's Knot Tiara.

The article and news story was misleading because Diana was loaned the necklace for that appearance, she never bought it or owned it. There was a rumor that Diana was going to buy it, but never did.:)

Hi everyone. I have been doing some research on royal jewels and was wondering if anyone knows the origin of the huge sapphire brooch / choker given to Princess Diana by the QEQM?

It was never clear what the origin was of the Sri Lankan sapphire surrounded by two rows of diamonds that The Queen Mother gave to Diana as a wedding gift as a brooch.

It may have come from the vaults as part of the collection of unset gems possessed by Queen Mary that she passed on to Queen Elizabeth after she became Queen Consort in 1936.

If it wasn't seen before 1942 there is also the possibility that it was part of the Greville inheritance. Does anyone know the date it was first seen on QEQM?

Um, pearls are my birthstone, which is June. July is ruby.;)

If it wasn't seen before 1942 there is also the possibility that it was part of the Greville inheritance. Does anyone know the date it was first seen on QEQM?

The QM had one as well as the one she gave to Diana. I'll see if I can track down the photo of her wearing it after Diana got hers. So how can we be sure how long - if at all- it was "in the family" before D got it?

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...MBrooch-sapphirecirclelikedianasUT0013792.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...albroochandcamillasring1986getty-52187605.jpg

Last edited:
What a fabulous photograph of the late Queen Mother's beautiful sapphire and diamond earrings! and also a good view of the diamond ring now worn by the Duchess of Cornwall.

Possibly. The Queen Mother had many jewels in her possession that she wore only once or twice, or even never (i.e. the amethyst parure given to her by Queen Mary), that could have been passed on to Diana as a wedding gift.

Given Diana's status as the wife of the Prince of Wales, she received few jewels of any real importance from the royal collection. She did borrow quite a few pieces on certain occasions, but her most spectacular jewels were her wedding gifts from the Saudis and Gulf emirates.

These, and other personal jewels, were passed to William and Harry after her death. It will be interesting to see which ones show up on Catherine, as there weren't many to begin with.

No matter how many times I see it, that engagement ring is gorgeous!!!

Yellow gold jewels looked good on Diana, which is rare. They usually look nice on people with darker complexion. I wonder if Kate will ever sport these pieces - I've never seen her in yellow gold jewellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom