Crown Princess Victoria Jewels 3: Jan 2016 - Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do like this tiara on Victoria, but it lacks something, maybe height. To me, it looks a little too low. But it is still lovely on her, and she wore a really nice gown to compliment the aquamarines. But as others have said, Madeline makes it shine. I would like to see Sofia with this tiara. With her dark hair and blue eyes, I think she would be stunning.

I give CP Victoria full-marks on wearing the aquamarine tiara, but that tiara is meant for Princess Madeleine - no one else can do that tiara justice like Madeleine. So, it's a miss for me.

CP Victoria should have worn the Baden Fringe tiara with the dress.

The aquamarine kokoshnik is gorgeous, but the way Victoria wore it was a bit underwhelming, and yes, I mean the "pressed down in the front, big mass at the back" hairstyle. It might have worked with the Baden Fringe, but without some fluffy tiara hair, the shape of the kokoshnik combined with her facial features is not flattering at all.

I would prefer to see some hair instead of the diamonds covering the base of the tiara.

I give CP Victoria full-marks on wearing the aquamarine tiara, but that tiara is meant for Princess Madeleine - no one else can do that tiara justice like Madeleine. So, it's a miss for me.

CP Victoria should have worn the Baden Fringe tiara with the dress.
It's not a miss for me but I agree that Madeleine wore the Aquamarine Kokoshnik like no one else can. It took my breath away and thanks to that appearance, the tiara has made it's way into my top 10 favourite tiaras. The combination of Madeleine's blue eyes and the aquamarine stones couldn't have been more perfect. Victoria slightly less so, but still beautiful.

For me, the Aquamarine Kokoshnik is Madeleine's best look, whereas Victoria always nails the Cut Steel Tiara.

Ok not a fan of the tiara Victoria is wearing tonight. But I like her necklace!

LaRae

The gap between the rows was softened by the bouffante white hairdo of Princess Lilian. On Princess Victoria it is very much a gap. I would have re-set the height of the top row. Nevertheless a piece of great craftmanship, that jewel.

I don't like the tiara, but her necklace seems nice from what I can see. Hopefully there's a better picture of it somewhere.

The gap in the tiara is determined by the size of the diamond drop between the the two rows of laural wreath. Yet I think that it is highlighted by Victoria's pulled back hair. It looked softer when Lilian wore the tiara.

I actually think it looks softer on Victoria than it did on Lillian. The tiara, due to it's form, is such a statement that is best highlighted with the least amount of fuss around it

This tiara looks beautiful on her. The aqua does not suit the shape of her face.
What is the sweet necklace she wears tonight? Hers or belongs to the foundation?

Does anybody have better pictures of the necklace?

She wore the necklace many times before but it has been a few years since it was seen.

Last edited:
The Laurel Diadem from Princess Lilian would really improve with an altered setting. The enormous gap between the rows is ugly. Even a single row of laurel leafs is better than the current setting. Today's hairstyles simply do not combine with this diadem

The necklace is very pretty and goes well with the colours of Victoria's dress. Great choice, hope to see it more often.

Victoria's jewellery today at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy. She has the top parts of the earrings from the Brazilian parure and a diamond bow from the family collection. When she arrived, it looked like she has a brooch at her hair.
https://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/dc/28/dc28da0b23934ea8ae45a24948752ab2/annan/1360.jpg
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:130670940:1800x650:w?v=59e8859b&m=ipekemnn

EDIT: And here is the brooch/hair accessory
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010020011F1513802290167234

Last edited:
Victoria's earrings and bracelets during Day 2 of the Cambridge visit look like Marianne Dulong, the Danish brand CP Mary wears very often.

The earrings are definitely from the "Kharisma" collection, most likely medium-sized, 18k gold with diamonds:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/sm...brillanter-i-alt-0-06-ct-d-f-vvs-vs-4066.html
Haven't been able to find the exact model of those pearl pendants, here is one that look kinda similar:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/smykker/globe-vedhaeng-guld-18-k-med-ferskvandsperler-par-3850.html

Pearl bracelet:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/sm...-18-k-med-1-raekke-ferskvandsperler-2973.html
(maybe?) Gold bangle, also from the same collection:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/sm...8-k-med-1-brilliant-0-15-ct-f-g-vs2-4348.html

I agree, Victoria looked gorgeous with the aquamarine tiara. The photo is very special: three generations of (future) monarchs, a visualization of the line of succession. ... Now, would a future Queen borrow her aunt's tiara for such an historic, official portrait? :D I somehow don't think so. To me, this portrait looks a bit like the unofficial confirmation, that the aquamarine tiara will stay with the mainline of the Bernadotte family. The conditions will probably never become public, but I can't imagine any longer that the jewel will pass to Princess Marghareta's descendents.

I agree, Victoria looked gorgeous with the aquamarine tiara. The photo is very special: three generations of (future) monarchs, a visualization of the line of succession. ... Now, would a future Queen borrow her aunt's tiara for such an historic, official portrait? [emoji3] I somehow don't think so. To me, this portrait looks a bit like the unofficial confirmation, that the aquamarine tiara will stay with the mainline of the Bernadotte family. The conditions will probably never become public, but I can't imagine any longer that the jewel will pass to Princess Marghareta's descendents.
I agree. Although it might officially still belong to Margaretha I'm positive that a deal has been stuck between her and her brother. Either he's bought it outright already or he'll buy it from her heirs. The latter doesn't really make sense since the death duties in the UK are quite considerable.

I agree. Although it might officially still belong to Margaretha I'm positive that a deal has been stuck between her and her brother. Either he's bought it outright already or he'll buy it from her heirs. The latter doesn't really make sense since the death duties in the UK are quite considerable.

Rather a presumptuous theory !
We probably will never know - there are very few photographs of Princess Margaretha ever wearing her tiara in the UK, if any?
She probably holds dual citizenship, or resides as a foreign national in the U.K., in which case she won't be liable for the same level of death duties as those born in the U.K.
It makes more sense that she leaves the tiara in Sweden and is happy for her nieces to borrow it occasionally.
Personally I cannot see how she would dispose of her children's birthright just because of potential taxes, her English Lawyers will work it out for her. Otherwise no one would own anything of this value.

Rather a presumptuous theory !
We probably will never know - there are very few photographs of Princess Margaretha ever wearing her tiara in the UK, if any?
She probably holds dual citizenship, or resides as a foreign national in the U.K., in which case she won't be liable for the same level of death duties as those born in the U.K.
It makes more sense that she leaves the tiara in Sweden and is happy for her nieces to borrow it occasionally.
Personally I cannot see how she would dispose of her children's birthright just because of potential taxes, her English Lawyers will work it out for her. Otherwise no one would own anything of this value.

Yes, of course it's a theory but so is most of the content posted on the forums. Of Mgaretha's family only her daughter is ever known to have worn it once at her wedding. I'm sure that for a family with no use of a tiara some money would seem more welcome than a piece of jewellery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom