The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Rather a presumptuous theory !
We probably will never know - there are very few photographs of Princess Margaretha ever wearing her tiara in the UK, if any?
She probably holds dual citizenship, or resides as a foreign national in the U.K., in which case she won't be liable for the same level of death duties as those born in the U.K.
It makes more sense that she leaves the tiara in Sweden and is happy for her nieces to borrow it occasionally.
Personally I cannot see how she would dispose of her children's birthright just because of potential taxes, her English Lawyers will work it out for her. Otherwise no one would own anything of this value.
The tax laws in the UK apply to all who live here. The only way out is to transfer ownership, either directly to the heirs or to a trust. It may well be that the tiara was sold to the King, and Margarethe and her heirs have first right of refusal to wear it.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The tax laws in the UK apply to all who live here. The only way out is to transfer ownership, either directly to the heirs or to a trust. It may well be that the tiara was sold to the King, and Margarethe and her heirs have first right of refusal to wear it.

Thank you as an Englishman I am well aware of the tax laws, also as I said surely Princess Margarethe’s lawyers will have created the best situation for her heirs .

Old 02-09-2018, 04:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you as an Englishman I am well aware of the tax laws, also as I said surely Princess Margarethe’s lawyers will have created the best situation for her heirs .
It looks like, in this case, the adopted solution was s sale of the tiara to the King.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
It looks like, in this case, the adopted solution was s sale of the tiara to the King.

One theory yes.

Nothing much has actually changed; the tiara has rarely appeared outside of Sweden. So this leads one to surmise that it was perhaps stored in Sweden. The Princess Margarethe's two nieces have worn the tiara. There really is no great scoop of the century, we know that the King is not in the habit of buying former Bernadotte Jewels e.g Queen Josefina's Pearls were allowed to go to whomever wished to buy them.
So why purchase his sister's tiara with no great family history?

We may never know...
Old 02-09-2018, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
One theory yes.

Nothing much has actually changed; the tiara has rarely appeared outside of Sweden. So this leads one to surmise that it was perhaps stored in Sweden. The Princess Margarethe's two nieces have worn the tiara. There really is no great scoop of the century, we know that the King is not in the habit of buying former Bernadotte Jewels e.g Queen Josefina's Pearls were allowed to go to whomever wished to buy them.

We may never know...
Actually things have changed. Two decades after the Kings daughters started wearing tiaras, all of a sudden this tiara is being used by them both. Not sure if thd crown Princess has ever been seen wearing a borrowed tiara, that too for a key and symbolic portrait.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Actually things have changed. Two decades after the Kings daughters started wearing tiaras, all of a sudden this tiara is being used by them both. Not sure if thd crown Princess has ever been seen wearing a borrowed tiara, that too for a key and symbolic portrait.

Yes you’re correct - but it’s a huge assumption to announce the King has bought the tiara based on this !
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes you’re correct - but it’s a huge assumption to announce the King has bought the tiara based on this !
It's only a likelihood, but to me, it seems like a reasonable likelihood.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
One theory yes.

Nothing much has actually changed; the tiara has rarely appeared outside of Sweden. So this leads one to surmise that it was perhaps stored in Sweden.
The last time it was worn outside of Sweden was in 1998 when Sibiylla Ambler wore it at her Wedding Day in Bavaria. The next time it was seen was at the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria in 2010.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

I never stated what I did as a fact but as mere speculation. A speculation that given the circumstances posted by others today isn't all that improbable but as stated we won't know until other facts are given.
What's certain is that Princess Christina told Roger Lundgren that the tiara still belongs to Margaretha but is kept in Stockholm for safekeeping.
If, after her eventual passing, it's still used by the Swedish Bernadottes it will, to me, be a sure sign that it's ownership has been transferred to either the King or the Bernadotte jewelry foundation.
If so it'll most certain have been bought.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
One theory yes.

We may never know...
I think that the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara means a lot to king Carl Gustaf. The tiara was inherited by king Carl Gustaf's father prince Gustaf Adolf, and the king's mother princess Sibylla wore this tiara at the pre-wedding event before her wedding with Gustaf Adolf. Sibylla wore this tiara quite often.
So I wouldn't be surprised at all, if king Carl Gustaf would buy this tiara back. But this is pure speculation.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria wore today at the visit to Vilnius those beautiful earrings and necklace she wore for the first time last April.
https://www.lrp.lt/data/public/thumb...0_dsc_0568.jpg
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...e8d&m=jjlfonen
Old 02-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria wore today at the visit to Vilnius those beautiful earrings and necklace she wore for the first time last April.
https://www.lrp.lt/data/public/thumb...0_dsc_0568.jpg
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...e8d&m=jjlfonen
Did she debut a new bracelet(s) as well? It looks like there is a new star bracelet on her wrist. Unless it is the Ebba Brahe Childhood bracelet sideways. She wore the gold version of that bracelet during the Cambridge visit.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Did she debut a new bracelet(s) as well? It looks like there is a new star bracelet on her wrist. Unless it is the Ebba Brahe Childhood bracelet sideways. She wore the gold version of that bracelet during the Cambridge visit.
I think it is this star bracelet she wore in the end of October, I posted a photo of it then:
Quote:
On Thursday Victoria had a bracelet with stars in addition to her E and O heart bracelets.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 02-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I think it is this star bracelet she wore in the end of October, I posted a photo of it then:
Oh yes- thank you for reminding me!
Old 02-19-2018, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I think the bracelet is Ebba Brahe- what do you think? https://nouw.com/sigridlangen/ebba-b...nsa-w-29596767
Old 02-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I think the bracelet is Ebba Brahe- what do you think? https://nouw.com/sigridlangen/ebba-b...nsa-w-29596767
Yes, it can very well be
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYiYgeWj...brahejewellery
Old 02-19-2018, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Charlotte Ramel sent me a better photo of the bracelet and I believe it is the same one.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's Name Day Jewels | The Court Jeweller

Very beautiful earrings.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Thursday at "Discussion on Water", Victoria wore new earrings from swedish Havsglas.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id936595776
örhängen _ Havsglas Sverige

"Unique jewelry shaped by waves, sand and time.
The sea glass is collected along the shores of Skåne and are completely unprocessed, only carefully washed and drilled.
Ear hook and chain of genuine silver.
Note that the two sea-glass pieces in the pair are not identical, but vary slightly in shape, thickness and color shades.
Ten percent of the jewelery's price is given to projects that contribute to a better marine environment."
Old 04-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's brooch today at the memorial concert at the first anniversary of Stockholm terror attack

It seems to be queen Silvia's brooch, here she is with it in 2002.