The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2017, 02:08 AM
Majesty

Does anybody have better pictures of the necklace?

Old 12-12-2017, 02:43 AM
Majesty

Victoria's tiara appearances of 2017

1 2 3 4 5

Old 12-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Does anybody have better pictures of the necklace?
These are the best images I found:
https://www.is.fi/kuninkaalliset/art-2000005486606.html
(click on the image and you fill get bigger photo).
Old 12-12-2017, 07:23 AM
Majesty

She wore the necklace many times before but it has been a few years since it was seen.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

The first photo which I have found Victoria wearing this necklace is from King Harald & Queen Sonja'S 60th Birthday Celebrations In Norway in June 1997.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She had it also on 24th September 1997 at the state visit of the president of Austria.

And on 9th May 2001 at a state visit to Belgium.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Majesty

The Laurel Diadem from Princess Lilian would really improve with an altered setting. The enormous gap between the rows is ugly. Even a single row of laurel leafs is better than the current setting. Today's hairstyles simply do not combine with this diadem
Old 12-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Gentry

The necklace is very pretty and goes well with the colours of Victoria's dress. Great choice, hope to see it more often.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's jewellery today at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy. She has the top parts of the earrings from the Brazilian parure and a diamond bow from the family collection. When she arrived, it looked like she has a brooch at her hair.
https://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/dc...annan/1360.jpg
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...59b&m=ipekemnn

EDIT: And here is the brooch/hair accessory
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010020...13802290167234
Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Cut Steel Tiara

I really dislike this tiara. I don't like the design and I'm not fond of the material. This is one of my least favorites in the family.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's brooch and earrings today at a seminar in connection of Holocaust Memorial Day.
Brooch
Earrings

The brooch seems to be this one which Victoria had at Equitana Horse Show in February 2005, although a little modified.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

Victoria's earrings and bracelets during Day 2 of the Cambridge visit look like Marianne Dulong, the Danish brand CP Mary wears very often.

The earrings are definitely from the "Kharisma" collection, most likely medium-sized, 18k gold with diamonds:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/smy...s-vs-4066.html
Haven't been able to find the exact model of those pearl pendants, here is one that look kinda similar:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/smy...-par-3850.html

Pearl bracelet:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/smy...rler-2973.html
(maybe?) Gold bangle, also from the same collection:
https://dulongfinejewelry.com/dk/smy...-vs2-4348.html
Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's earrings at the dinner on Tuesday are from Ingy Stockholm.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bele3rZFazX/
OBJECT - 33 - INGY STOCKHOLM
Old 02-06-2018, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Victoria looking fabulous wearing the aquamarine tiara in the official photo on the occasion of Bernadotte anniversary
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg
Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Victoria looking fabulous wearing the aquamarine tiara in the official photo on the occasion of Bernadotte anniversary
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg
I guess that pic was taken prior to the Nobel Ceremony.
Agree, she looks fabolous!
BYe Bine
Old 02-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

I agree, Victoria looked gorgeous with the aquamarine tiara. The photo is very special: three generations of (future) monarchs, a visualization of the line of succession. ... Now, would a future Queen borrow her aunt's tiara for such an historic, official portrait? I somehow don't think so. To me, this portrait looks a bit like the unofficial confirmation, that the aquamarine tiara will stay with the mainline of the Bernadotte family. The conditions will probably never become public, but I can't imagine any longer that the jewel will pass to Princess Marghareta's descendents.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree, Victoria looked gorgeous with the aquamarine tiara. The photo is very special: three generations of (future) monarchs, a visualization of the line of succession. ... Now, would a future Queen borrow her aunt's tiara for such an historic, official portrait? I somehow don't think so. To me, this portrait looks a bit like the unofficial confirmation, that the aquamarine tiara will stay with the mainline of the Bernadotte family. The conditions will probably never become public, but I can't imagine any longer that the jewel will pass to Princess Marghareta's descendents.
I agree. Although it might officially still belong to Margaretha I'm positive that a deal has been stuck between her and her brother. Either he's bought it outright already or he'll buy it from her heirs. The latter doesn't really make sense since the death duties in the UK are quite considerable.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I agree. Although it might officially still belong to Margaretha I'm positive that a deal has been stuck between her and her brother. Either he's bought it outright already or he'll buy it from her heirs. The latter doesn't really make sense since the death duties in the UK are quite considerable.

Rather a presumptuous theory !
We probably will never know - there are very few photographs of Princess Margaretha ever wearing her tiara in the UK, if any?
She probably holds dual citizenship, or resides as a foreign national in the U.K., in which case she won't be liable for the same level of death duties as those born in the U.K.
It makes more sense that she leaves the tiara in Sweden and is happy for her nieces to borrow it occasionally.
Personally I cannot see how she would dispose of her children's birthright just because of potential taxes, her English Lawyers will work it out for her. Otherwise no one would own anything of this value.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Rather a presumptuous theory !
We probably will never know - there are very few photographs of Princess Margaretha ever wearing her tiara in the UK, if any?
She probably holds dual citizenship, or resides as a foreign national in the U.K., in which case she won't be liable for the same level of death duties as those born in the U.K.
It makes more sense that she leaves the tiara in Sweden and is happy for her nieces to borrow it occasionally.
Personally I cannot see how she would dispose of her children's birthright just because of potential taxes, her English Lawyers will work it out for her. Otherwise no one would own anything of this value.
Yes, of course it's a theory but so is most of the content posted on the forums. Of Mgaretha's family only her daughter is ever known to have worn it once at her wedding. I'm sure that for a family with no use of a tiara some money would seem more welcome than a piece of jewellery.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Yes, of course it's a theory but so is most of the content posted on the forums. Of Mgaretha's family only her daughter is ever known to have worn it once at her wedding. I'm sure that for a family with no use of a tiara some money would seem more welcome than a piece of jewellery.

I disagree- there is (and so there should be) a great deal of accurate information posted to this forum.
I regret when opinions are posted as fact - this leads to misrepresentation and ultimately incorrect information!
The Ambler Family finances are not in question here and their quasi royal history would probably make them want to hang on to the tiara !

We may never know the truth - I repeat myself.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Majesty

If she has gifted the tiara to the Swedish Royal Family it is there for her or any other to wear and as a gift perhaps she is not planning on dying anytime soon so, no death duty on the tiara.

As to her children, perhaps Sybilla and her brothers have no need for it as they have their own family collection. Then again, on Margaretha's death, it may go to her daughter.

Who really don't know anything other than that Margretha has worn it as often as any other Swedish tiara for gala events and there is even an outside possibility that the tiara was a family lifetime loan.