The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Could the King of Sweden buy his Mother's tiara from His eldest Sister ? as he did before for Count Sigvard tiara.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Could the King of Sweden buy his Mother's tiara from His eldest Sister ? as he did before for Count Sigvard tiara.
I don't see why not. Or his sister may choose to leave it to the family trust. It is now kept in Sweden I believe and worn by Madeleine and now Victoria. I wouldn't be surprised if it remained in the trust after his sister dies.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It suits Princess Madeleine better not sure what it is tonight but the tiara doesn't look right on Victoria but that might her gown that has put me off.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

A close up of the earrings which queen Silvia wears often and also Madeleine has worn them.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/N...4UyoagpYnx.jpg

The broock at Victoria's back.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010070...12936696811139
Old 12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Majesty

I do like this tiara on her BUT I don't like the position of it or her hair with it...but to be fair I almost never like her hair because it's pulled back so tightly all the time.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Majesty

I love the large brooch on the Order sash, it looks very grand and compensates for no necklace but the earrings, while gorgeous, were too often tangled in the high ruffles of her dress to be appreciated and had the weird effect of shortening her neck!

The tiara, hmm I think the gown was designed to reflect deeper colour and Victoria's dark hair definitely looks better with the tiara. However, Because of the high ruffled neck of the gown, Victoria's hair was done more on the severe side at the front, the back reflecting the usual SRF magic.

But adding a rivere of large diamonds to the bottom of the kokoshnik was like adding glitter to floral arrangements. No, just no. She ruined a beautifully symmetrical tiara by adding diamonds larger than those on the tiara and made it look kind of fake.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Commoner

I do like this tiara on Victoria, but it lacks something, maybe height. To me, it looks a little too low. But it is still lovely on her, and she wore a really nice gown to compliment the aquamarines. But as others have said, Madeline makes it shine. I would like to see Sofia with this tiara. With her dark hair and blue eyes, I think she would be stunning.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

All of Victoria's tiaras at the Nobel prizes

i freaking love royals | ifreakingloveroyals: Nobel Prize Ceremony Tiaras ...
Old 12-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Courtier

I give CP Victoria full-marks on wearing the aquamarine tiara, but that tiara is meant for Princess Madeleine - no one else can do that tiara justice like Madeleine. So, it's a miss for me.

CP Victoria should have worn the Baden Fringe tiara with the dress.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Nobility

The aquamarine kokoshnik is gorgeous, but the way Victoria wore it was a bit underwhelming, and yes, I mean the "pressed down in the front, big mass at the back" hairstyle. It might have worked with the Baden Fringe, but without some fluffy tiara hair, the shape of the kokoshnik combined with her facial features is not flattering at all.

I would prefer to see some hair instead of the diamonds covering the base of the tiara.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nobel Jewels 2017: Crown Princess Victoria | The Court Jeweller

Not only is the tiara amazing but the earrings are so as well.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I give CP Victoria full-marks on wearing the aquamarine tiara, but that tiara is meant for Princess Madeleine - no one else can do that tiara justice like Madeleine. So, it's a miss for me.

CP Victoria should have worn the Baden Fringe tiara with the dress.
It's not a miss for me but I agree that Madeleine wore the Aquamarine Kokoshnik like no one else can. It took my breath away and thanks to that appearance, the tiara has made it's way into my top 10 favourite tiaras. The combination of Madeleine's blue eyes and the aquamarine stones couldn't have been more perfect. Victoria slightly less so, but still beautiful.

For me, the Aquamarine Kokoshnik is Madeleine's best look, whereas Victoria always nails the Cut Steel Tiara.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Ok not a fan of the tiara Victoria is wearing tonight. But I like her necklace!

LaRae
Old 12-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria is wearing Lilian's tiara tonight

https://media.shootitlive.com/WwTPbQ...expressen/2940
Old 12-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Majesty

The gap between the rows was softened by the bouffante white hairdo of Princess Lilian. On Princess Victoria it is very much a gap. I would have re-set the height of the top row. Nevertheless a piece of great craftmanship, that jewel.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

I don't like the tiara, but her necklace seems nice from what I can see. Hopefully there's a better picture of it somewhere.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great to see Victoria wearing Laurel Wreath Tiara again, it has such a history and I think Victoria is having a special feeling every time she wears it. It is also nice to see Victoria wearing this necklace again, it is many years since she wore it. Plus points that she didn't have too big jewellery with this dress, so that the dress gets the attention it deserves.
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/...a-stella-2.jpg

As for the hairdo with this tiara, Lilian had also often a similar gap with this tiara than Victoria has.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-taDuLlsVz8...00/_Lilian.jpg

Victoria had today the same earrings than yesterday.
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0357539598.jpg
Old 12-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

The gap in the tiara is determined by the size of the diamond drop between the the two rows of laural wreath. Yet I think that it is highlighted by Victoria's pulled back hair. It looked softer when Lilian wore the tiara.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually think it looks softer on Victoria than it did on Lillian. The tiara, due to it's form, is such a statement that is best highlighted with the least amount of fuss around it
Old 12-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

This tiara looks beautiful on her. The aqua does not suit the shape of her face.
What is the sweet necklace she wears tonight? Hers or belongs to the foundation?