Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An unforgettable engagement ring!!! So beautiful!!!!!!
I like all of her tiaras, they are so magical...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these earrings,but I find them appropriate only for a daytime event.

it was a gala tonight she wore the cut steel tiara

i am wondering have there been any other photo of ither royal women then silvia, victoria, lilian and christina wearing the cut steel tiara?

I'm certain there have been--I know Victoria wore it for one of the Nobels, and Silvia has worn it as well. As Silvia found it in a cupboard after her marriage I don't think that Lilian or Christina have worn it. Apparently it was misplaced or hidden away.
Victoria looks lovely, but I think this tiara was a bit of an odd choice--but at least it's not the Baden--not that I don't like it, it's beautiful, I just prefer her to mix it up a bit.

yes i have seen photos of lilian and christinas wear the cut steel tiara
but has anyone before silvia worn it and are there photos or paintings of it.

Well, the ring was definitily worth the wait!

yes i have seen photos of lilian and christinas wear the cut steel tiara
but has anyone before silvia worn it and are there photos or paintings of it.

Good question--I don't know the answer. One would think there would be some kind of visual record of the piece. Perhaps Marengo knows? He's the resident expert on the Swedish Jewels---

Here's Lilian in the tiara:
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00313/Lilian_9_lilian-84__313297j.jpg

Princess Christina:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1997/fo_princess_photo.jpg

I don't think that there are any pictures of former Swedish royal ladies wearing the cut steel tiara.
In fact, as you probably know, the tiara was 'misplaced', meaning lost and forgotten, for a long time until it was re-discovered by Queen Silvia in the late 1970s - in some dusty old cupboard in Stockholm Palace and by sheer coincidence.
The tiara is Napoleonic and probably came to Sweden through Queen Josefina, but after that, its history is something of a riddle.
There is also a choker necklace and earrings in cut-steel matching the tiara, so it's actually a whole parure, but Queen Silvia has worn the complete set only two times in thirty years.

I think many of us were suprised when she used the necklace again after so many years.

That the tiara was "misplaced" i did not remembered that before you said it.
if they only could "find" other misplaced tiaras..........

Josefine, can you post the pic of Steel Tiara, please?:)
I am sure that I saw it before but, I can't remember it.

This is an extremely old-looking tiara.And too tall,as well.I don't think I would like to see Victoria wearing it again.

Thank you very much!:flowers: You're very kind.
I remembered it. It's one of the best tiaras of CP Victoria. It looks very very lovely. I love big & tall tiaras.

I love this tiara of CP Victoria :
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Yes it is a gr8 favourite amongst us the royal watchers...

I think that the cut-steel tiara is one of Victorias best tiaras - the best beeing the fringe. I like that it´s a bit bigger and i can´t wait until she tries on the bigger things in the Bernadotte collection - the next choice i would like to be the Connaught tiara, and i think she could do something good with the ruby tiara too - we´ll just have to wait and see..

I adore the cut-steel tiara. The style was quite popular in it's time, but hardly any of them survived. That makes it very interesting from an art historical point of view. Also it suits CP Victoria really well, the dimensions are perfect for her. Much better than the funny four buttons tiara she seems to be so fond of. And I don't like the fringe tiara very much. It looks so harch and spikey. Nothing soft and flattering in it!

I didn't know about the steel-cut tiara. Does anybody knows it's history? It certainly looks good on her. I hope it's a strong contendor for her wedding.

I don't think that there are any pictures of former Swedish royal ladies wearing the cut steel tiara.
In fact, as you probably know, the tiara was 'misplaced', meaning lost and forgotten, for a long time until it was re-discovered by Queen Silvia in the late 1970s - in some dusty old cupboard in Stockholm Palace and by sheer coincidence.
The tiara is Napoleonic and probably came to Sweden through Queen Josefina, but after that, its history is something of a riddle.
There is also a choker necklace and earrings in cut-steel matching the tiara, so it's actually a whole parure, but Queen Silvia has worn the complete set only two times in thirty years.

here is what Boris told us about the tiara at the last page of this thread

I think it is really a lovely piece, filled with intricate detail. I have read that at one point they were also quite valuable because of degree of skill that was required to craft one.

I think it is really a lovely piece, filled with intricate detail. I have read that at one point they were also quite valuable because of degree of skill that was required to craft one.
I read the same. When it first was possible to work steel this way, that was really special and this style was very popular. When the new technique stopped to be new, most of these tiaras disappeared because the material value is rather small. So it is very special that this tiara survived. Who knows, maybe it was a good thing it was 'misplaced' or it would also be lost.

Is it just steel, or are there stones in it as well? It's hard to tell from the pics.

No stones at all - that's what makes the piece so unique. Everything is in intricately cut steel and set in gilded brass.
There is a matching choker necklace and earrings in cut steel, but Queen Silvia has worn the complete parure only twice in thirty years, and CP Victoria never.
Here Queen Silvia is in 2007 at one of the annual Bernadotte representation galas, wearing the whole cut steel set:

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Preview.fwx?position=28&archiveType=ImageFolder&sorting=ModifiedTimeAsc&search=drottning%20and%20silvia%20and%20representationsmiddag&fileId=B12BF45F323ED927B8CCCE97EFCDD0C337D6131A0A249DADC1A86915BCB98CFB94C28C4E3465AEBC576711703F05EEB6AB2F16E4DAC93D8FD35FA5449EF7BD87C8833C714F5D49B766F0DE0E98F2255FA3DB81C3BFD86DD34D54143582A2CF22542F6827B63B2106F1E8BCCCA8E758DE6737E5FD2FEB175817878F78842B7BE973FBAE6EE236D107&archiveid=5018

Last edited:
have we seen victoria wear this necklace is a young girl?
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...5BEA2B074E8C55D266FCC3BE034374CD051203E38ED4E

from expressen the Baden fringe tiara from the side
http://content.expressen.se/blog/14/98/70/kungligt/images/silvia1.jpg

has victoria worn this necklace more then this time?
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...54EC273488A6A886C58B57EEB1F801B2B920DAE7E7D00

is therea up close photo of this broasch - from ibl
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb...A725EF9625E20BA945C3F7A5842F507D2C50F0873DBCE

No, I don't think Victoria ever wore this set. It's part of Queen Silvia's private jewelry, she has worn it since the late 1980s.

The baden fringe tiara truly looks best on CP Victoria. It is absolutly stunning, even from the side. It is one of my favorite tiaras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom