Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria wore a glittering hair ornament at the Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences formal gathering:
MYROYALS: PR
I think it's the ruby and pearl brooch of Queen Josefina, but the picture quality isn't good enough to be sure.

:previous:Here you can see a pretty close-up photo of the glittering hair ornament in question:
Link to the corresponding cover of Svenskdam: SDT1148_
Image has been cropped and is not subject of copyright.

Attachments

• se hair ornament Nov 11.jpg
    se hair ornament Nov 11.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 314
Is Crown Princess Victoria wearing the Leuchtenberg sapphire as earrings?

Hovbloggen

She looks lovely, I cant wait to see her wear the whole set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think so. She also has sapphire hairpins in her hair.

The six button tiara is nice but not my favorite.Though I do prefer it than the three button version.

I'm not crazy about the Six Button, either, but Victoria's hair is absolute perfection for wearing it! In the profile, you can see a jeweled ornament in back (as the Swedish ladies are so fond of doing) and if you look closely at the top of her ear, you can barely detect what looks to be the wire support for that magnificent sapphire and diamond drop earring.

Victoria looks beautiful in the 6 Button tiara or, is it that she makes the tiara beautiful. She is certainly the only one who can look really regal when wearring it and tonight she is definitly that. Her hair is fabulous and the addition of the Sapphire hair pins that match her earrings is really lovely.

The tiara, earrings and hair pins all work with the gown to make a complete "look".

I'm not crazy about the Six Button, either, but Victoria's hair is absolute perfection for wearing it! In the profile, you can see a jeweled ornament in back (as the Swedish ladies are so fond of doing) and if you look closely at the top of her ear, you can barely detect what looks to be the wire support for that magnificent sapphire and diamond drop earring.
Ive never heard of wire supports for pierced earrings, how does that work?

:previous:I can't say for certain that Victoria's earrings have them, and how they work for pierced earrings, but you can just about see something that looks like one on her left ear in that profile picture. The support would extend around the entire ear and takes the weight of a heavy earring off the lobe.

Last edited:
Ive never heard of wire supports for pierced earrings, how does that work?
Earrings such a these one worn by Victoria could be very heavy and uncomfortable to use. Wire helps because earring's weight is based not only on pierced hole but on whole ear.

She chose very beautiful dress & jewels for the Nobel price gala,blue looks great on her.
On other women the tiara wouldn´t look so dazzling,but I like it on Victoria,especially with this elegant hairdo.The Six button tiara is so glamourous when it sparkles and reflects the light!

Charlotte_Aster said:
She is wearing the whole sapphire set minus the tiara and the necklace

So part of the set...not the whole!

agami.pearl said:
Earrings such a these one worn by Victoria could be very heavy and uncomfortable to use. Wire helps because earring's weight is based not only on pierced hole but on whole ear.

Is the wire for the earring or the hair piece?

Facinating to see the above ear supports, I never knew but it certainly makes sense.
Thank you to all the posters for the answers and the lovely photos of jewels, both tonight's and from other sources.

CP Victoria never disappoints. Again she 'played' nice with family jewelery. As much as I'm not a fan of six button tiara (I even prefer baden fringe) I must say that she looked great. Glad to see her in parts of sapphire parure, something new for her.
I think that SRF should consider alternations of this tiara, maybe it will be possible to use only 2 rows of diamonds (only rounded not rounded and squared) and lower the buttons.
I hope for tiara today too.

I have to admit, I love the 6 button tiara. When it is pulled off correctly, it looks super elegant and pretty. I've just always hated the base, and today they took one step towards making it better. They just need to remove the middle row and lessen the height of the tiara a bit and then were talkin!

Those earings are gorgeous! They go great with the color of the dress.

Those earrings are really magnificent; I'm glad she pulled them out again for another viewing. Paired with the Baden Fringe, she carried everything off beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom