The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Bigger photo of the earrings. I don't think they are boring, I find them rather interesting.
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/18/...x1/1440@80.jpg

Victoria wore today also the leather bracelet from Kreuger Jewellery, which she had for the first time on her birthday.
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/aa/...x1/1440@80.jpg
Victoria's earrings she has had for a few years. I believe they are from Chaumet.
Swedish Royal Clothing ID's: Victoria honors Folke Bernadotte

Old 09-22-2015, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's jewellery on Monday, necklace and recycled earrings
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/65/...x1/1560@80.jpg

Old 09-22-2015, 05:08 AM
Majesty

For a long time, Victoria didn't wear her wedding and engagement rings. Unlike most other jewellery they tend to be worn all the time and the general consensus seemed to be either dermatitis or some sort of allergy was to blame for their absence.

I was wondering if that might be the case as the rings seem to be made of a different colour metal.

http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/a6/...x1/1560@80.jpg

http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/a2/...x1/1560@80.jpg

versus

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7uQhyWgrhb.../_Victoria.jpg

Any thoughts?
Old 09-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
For a long time, Victoria didn't wear her wedding and engagement rings. Unlike most other jewellery they tend to be worn all the time and the general consensus seemed to be either dermatitis or some sort of allergy was to blame for their absence.

I was wondering if that might be the case as the rings seem to be made of a different colour metal.

versus

Any thoughts?

I've actually thought the same and even voiced my opinion about it here. That could perhaps explain why she usually stuck to the Cut Steele tiaras for a long time and often wears more modern costume jewellery (is that the right term?) like that new leather bracelet of hers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-22-2015, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm not convinced. It could all be a trick of the light, photos can be so deceptive. And the tiaras usually come with a thick velvet padding on their base, so that the metal wouldn't touch the skin anyways. Additionally, Victoria has lately been wearing a large variety of different jewel, including what looks like silver and gold bracelets and a number of different earrings.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm not convinced. It could all be a trick of the light, photos can be so deceptive. And the tiaras usually come with a thick velvet padding on their base, so that the metal wouldn't touch the skin anyways. Additionally, Victoria has lately been wearing a large variety of different jewel, including what looks like silver and gold bracelets and a number of different earrings.

Aren't there metal jewellery produced without that thing-they-put-in-metal-people-get-allergic-to-that-I-can't-think-of-the-name-off-now-but-like-my-aunt-that-couldn't-even-do-the-dishes-because-she-was-allergic-to-the-sink these days?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Aren't there metal jewellery produced without that thing-they-put-in-metal-people-get-allergic-to-that-I-can't-think-of-the-name-off-now-but-like-my-aunt-that-couldn't-even-do-the-dishes-because-she-was-allergic-to-the-sink these days?

That must be the longest adjective clause in the English language !
Old 09-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, so that's why I dislike doing the dishes so much? I too must be allergic to the sinc, what a gorgeous excuse! :)

I think that metal is nickel, but afaik, it is no longer allowed to be used for jewelry. At least not in the EU? I used to get itching ears from all the cool earrings which I wore as a teenager. But I haven't had problems with that for decades, because that jewelry is no longer on the market. (Or maybe my earrings are no longer cool enough?)

Well, imo the nickel allergy would be no explanation for not wearing wedding bands or engagement rings, as I'm certain that Daniel didn't buy them at a stall on the flee market. Afaik, nickel has never been uses in gold jewelry.

There are very rare cases of people being allergic to gold and silver. But if that were the case for CP Victoria, she shouldn't wear any of the historic jewels as well much of her contemporary jewelry.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That must be the longest adjective clause in the English language !

A bit embarrassing when the word I'm looking for according to Google translate turns out to be the same in both English and Swedish - Nickel

Old 09-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

I searched for it in the dictionary as well, only to find that it's the same in English and German. But it's not a word one often uses.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-

No I guess not, expect when discussing the allergy.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Majesty

Victoria's beautiful earrings at the christening:

Christening of Prince Nicolas of Sweden | Getty Images
Old 10-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Victoria's beautiful earrings at the christening:

Christening of Prince Nicolas of Sweden | Getty Images
Are those the same ones that Sofia wore at the wedding? :)
Old 10-13-2015, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

versus

Any thoughts?
According to the swedish press Victoria has come kind of allergy which caused her trouble with her rings. Since Victoria didn't seem to have trouble with the other diamond/brilliant jewellery: necklaces, tiaras, bracelets, only with her rings, it might be that she has found medicine/salve which helps her with her allergy. She didn't wear her rings from autumn 2012 until the end of April 2013, but during that time she wore the four button tiara, the emerald necklace, some diamond bracelets and earrings and other "real" jewellery too. As the rings are worn almost all the time and they are tight around your finger, the effect is totally different than for instance at the earrings. So it is very possible that she gets the allergic reaction only from her rings and her doctors have found a solution to it. And for a very long time Victoria has used costume jewellery at the "normal" work events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Yes, they are the diamond pendants from queen Josephine's stomacher. Victoria has used them most of the royal ladies during the last years. She wore them for instance at Estelle's christening, at Madeleine's wedding and at the Indian state visit this year.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I think so. They look the same to me.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

We who have followed Victoria longer, have seen that she has for a long time worn almost always the same watch, an Epoch Lady Chronograph Diamond. Expressen noticed the watch today when Victoria went to a prize ceremony and contacted Epoch.
- The Crown Princess got this when she had her 30th birthday, says Pär Dahlman, Epocs sales manager.
- It was the court that ordered it from us.
Price?
- It's priceless, says Dahlman.
The custom-made watch has been named "Lady Chronograph Diamond HRH" but it is not possible to buy in the store or online.
The clock's link is stainless steel adorned with a crown that has been topped with a diamond.
On their website the swedish watchmaker writes that the watch has 84 brilliant cut diamonds. The dial is made of mother-of-pearl and equipped with seven diamonds.
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/24/...a4/1560@80.jpg
Victoria bär lyxklocka – med 84 diamanter _ Allt om mode
Old 10-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria earrings and brooch on the first day in Lima, Peru
_RU2039433.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
http://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com...000PeDfWAnZxXM

And one of her favourite earrings in the evening at the reception
_RU2562435.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
Old 10-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's lovely earrings today in Cartagena, Colombia.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 10-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Oh, very beautiful!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Commoner

I think you might be onto something, Marg - I had a problem with allergy to all metals in my earrings, including gold, for over 10 years. I finally found someone who said that the one metal I could wear is titanium. Sure enough, I had all of my earring wires changed to titanium, and no longer had a problem! I wonder if Victoria had her rings reset in titanium??

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria