The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 05:38 AM
Majesty

Could it be that this inordinately large brooch, arguably the largest brooch ever, is the same one Victoria wore in her hair the evening before her wedding?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/0d7dd704a...0umko1_500.jpg

http://lovelolaheart.com/wp-content/...rrowBrooch.png

If it is, do you think we could ask them to start wearing it more often to hold the order sashes?

Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Courtier

The first picture looks like whatever was being discussed was interesting and yes, to myself those look like identical brooches.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:48 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=LadyFinn;1812016]Victoria today, with her rings and favourite silver bracelets from Sophie by Sophie.
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/2c/...x1/1560@80.jpg
Is CPV wedding band similar to Sofia's?
Old 08-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=princess maggie;1813015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria today, with her rings and favourite silver bracelets from Sophie by Sophie.
[url]http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/2c/52/2c52f667a6bc4decaadf30180d522e61/1x1/1560@80.jpg
I don't think so. And at the very least it would be the other way round as Sofia got married years after Victoria...

Wedding bands are wedding bands...
Old 08-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Yes I realized that when I hit the submit button.��
Old 08-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

[QUOTE=princess maggie;1813015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria today, with her rings and favourite silver bracelets from Sophie by Sophie.
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/2c/...x1/1560@80.jpg
No, Sofia's ring has smaller diamonds:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.../08/Sofia3.png

Victoria at the Junior Water Prize on Tuesday, wearing her diamond pendant, Ebba Brahe earrings and bracelets from Sophie by Sophie and Kreuger Jewellery.
https://instagram.com/p/60mweGBrxq/?...y=alloverpress
https://instagram.com/p/60nDYXu4nC/?...=pelletnilsson
Old 09-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Majesty

what earings did she wear for the swedish dinner?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
what earings did she wear for the swedish dinner?
These
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She has worn them before, here in May 2013
Old 09-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Those earrings match perfectly with the gown, imo. Do we know about the materials and the designer? It looks like differently cloured stones to me, dark at the top and lighter towards the bottom. Or maybe they are ranging from blue to yellow?

Old 09-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Those earrings match perfectly with the gown, imo. Do we know about the materials and the designer? It looks like differently cloured stones to me, dark at the top and lighter towards the bottom. Or maybe they are ranging from blue to yellow?

We don't know the designer. She has had them for a long time if I remember correctly. I shall look in my files and try to figure out when we first saw them.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Those earrings compliment the gown enough to believe they were made to do so. In the event I think the variation of colour is a result of the little dents or crystals, being smaller at the top have deeper reflections and as the earrings become larger the longer you go, so too do the reflections. (Does that make sense?)

I also loved the way Victoria styled her hair for this occasion. It was softly smooth and elegant, leaving her earrings to make a statement. That they complimented her hair while accentuating the colour and style of the gown was sheer serendipity. The whole effect is effortlessly elegant without being fussy.

This has to be one of the most stunning synergies Victoria has managed to pull off, the other being her wedding ensemble and jewellery.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

I enlarged the picture and cropped out the earrings. The pic is not at all clear, but I still think that the colour range is achieve by differently coloured stone/crystals. To me they seem all to be of the same size.

But I fully agree that her appearance was perfect in every detail. If she hadn't worn the earrings before, I'd think they were only aquired to match this one gown. And not to forget Victoria's smile speaks of blissfull happyness and adds finishing touch to the whole ensemble.

Pictures cropped to less than 20 %.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I enlarged the picture and cropped out the earrings. The pic is not at all clear, but I still think that the colour range is achieve by differently coloured stone/crystals. To me they seem all to be of the same size.

But I fully agree that her appearance was perfect in every detail. If she hadn't worn the earrings before, I'd think they were only aquired to match this one gown. And not to forget Victoria's smile speaks of blissfull happyness and adds finishing touch to the whole ensemble.

Pictures cropped to less than 20 %.
Here is a large photo of them from 2013.
http://www.sydsvenskan.se/Images2/2013/12/21/vickan.jpg
Another.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kmGUBY9igm...rinsessan1.jpg
Old 09-13-2015, 12:49 AM
Majesty

They look great in the earlier shots and make me think that they are definitely dents that catch the light as they would look too OTT to use with a daywear ensemble. And they didn't, they looked great.

Regardless, I think serendipity came into play. The fact she already had them and then acquired this gorgeous gown and her brain clicked and ticked and her fingers passed over the "Real Deal" and picked up these beautiful earrings and, wearing a bun (as she is wont to do) held them up by her ears, watched them move and catch the light and went . . .Yesss! (followed by a little Happy Dance), and the only thing she had to add was her megawatt smile which was even bigger if that's possible.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

On September 16 CP Victoria wore some earrings and a long necklace with round green stones set in gold (or gold plated metal?). The style and colour nicely matched her outfit, imo.
Princess Victoria at IDEA's 20th anniversary celebrations | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Old 09-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, the jewels were nice and matched her jacket!
Old 09-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
On September 16 CP Victoria wore some earrings and a long necklace with round green stones set in gold (or gold plated metal?). The style and colour nicely matched her outfit, imo.
Princess Victoria at IDEA's 20th anniversary celebrations | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
Her necklace comes from Charlotte Bonde and I believe her earrings are either from them or from Misst. I have yet to figure it out. She has had them for a few years so finding them could be challenging!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria has this summer started to use a ring at her right hand, she had it at the Opening of Parliament too, it looks very similar to those from Kreuger Jewellery.

Earrings today
http://cdn.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-ear-1-ste.jpg
Old 09-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

I think you are are right about the ring being from Kreuger Jewellery. It looks like one from butterfly serious.

I'm not a fan of the gold earringes, they look a bit boring. Is that a heart motive? Victoria is wearing a lot of heart shaped jewels lately. I notice a golden heart necklace pendant a few days ago.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bigger photo of the earrings. I don't think they are boring, I find them rather interesting.
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/18/...x1/1440@80.jpg

Victoria wore today also the leather bracelet from Kreuger Jewellery, which she had for the first time on her birthday.
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/aa/...x1/1440@80.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria