Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are photos of the Cut Steel Tiara I have never seen before:

1 2

Just absolutely beautiful!

I agree, Im not a huge fan of this tiara but the whole look was perfect on her. She looked really beautiful!!

I like the steel cut tiara, but I think what bothers me about it is that Victoria always has her hair pulled back from her face too tight when wearing it. I think if her hairdresser would loosen up the hairdo some if would help with the tiaras presentation. Right now it just looks plopped in her head. A little softness in the updo would do it a world of good, IMO.

I normally don't care for this tiara but have to admit that it looked really lovely paired with her gown. The embroidery on the dress and the sequined neckline enhanced the motif of the tiara beautifully. But I wish that she wore a softer upsweep as well.

Last edited:
Here are photos of the Cut Steel Tiara I have never seen before:

1 2

Just absolutely beautiful!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I love this Russian styled look.

I don't like it the way it is today -I still am not a fan of the tiara, but this is quite an interesting look and style.

I would love to see it worn like this again -clearly that won't happen.

:(

:ermm: I think that is it's protective storage casing!

:ermm: I think that is it's protective storage casing!

I just noticed that there was a zipper or snap of sorts on the top of it. So perhaps it is a casing...

I still find it to be interesting with the "casing". It tones it down a bit, so too bad it is not a treatment that can be put on the tiara if needed or desired.

:previous: Well since Victoria seems to have made this "her own" so to speak, it would be a waste of time putting a background on the tiara as her hair is very dark and would make the whole effect very drab.

In it's original state the deep brown of her hair acts as a counterpoint to the colour and faceted cut of the steelcut, creating a very dramatic look.

I couldn't even conceive of this tiara worn mounted on a velvet background; I think it would look awful. As Marg says, Victoria's hair serves as the dark background that so effectively displays the tiara.

Victoria's jewels tonight:

1 2 3

Even though I like the Cut Steel tiara, I am disappointed that she is wearing it three times in a row. However, I am absolutely excited that she is wearing parts of the Cameo parure! The necklace, the earrings, and the brooch are absolutely exquisite.

At the kings dinner tonight Victoria is wearing almost the whole cameo parure minus the tiara. Could it be so that the CP is the current owner of this set and that's why we haven't seen it on the queen for a while? If I'm not mistaken the parure was private property of HM the King, as a heiritage from his mother and to my understanding and knowledge it was never made part of the family foundation. Anybody with more info and facts then me?

Regards

At the kings dinner tonight Victoria is wearing almost the whole cameo parure minus the tiara. Could it be so that the CP is the current owner of this set and that's why we haven't seen it on the queen for a while? If I'm not mistaken the parure was private property of HM the King, as a heiritage from his mother and to my understanding and knowledge it was never made part of the family foundation. Anybody with more info and facts then me?

Regards

The cameo parure doesn't belong to the Bernadotte collection. It belonged to Joséphine de Beauharnais, then to queen Josefina of Leuchtenberg. Her daughter princess Eugenie inherited the whole parure and from her it went to prince Eugen. Prince Eugen gave the parure as a gift to princess Sibylla when she married Gustaf Adolf 1932. The king inherited the parure from his mother.

I don't think that the king has given the parure to Victoria. Maybe the queen just hasn't worn it since Victoria wore the tiara, earrings and bracelet at her wedding and now the cameo tiara is so connected to Victoria's wedding. Maybe the queen just lets some time go before she wears the cameo parure again.

I love the cut steel tiara and I'm amazed how well the cameos suit with it. Both the tiara and the cameo jewellery are like made to be used with this dress.
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/viihde/1024px_x_614_px_kuvat_uudet/2013/12/1784642.jpg

Last edited:
Victoria had six tiara appearances of 2013:

1 2 3 4 5 6

Too bad she did not wear the Baden Fringe Tiara this year.

Last edited:
Come on now, 3 out of 6 tiara appearances with the steel cut! Not a favorite of mine, if I ever see it again now....!
Wished she had worn Princess Lilian's tiara. The cameos are my favorite, so glad she wore them.

She has indeed worn the cut steel tiara a lot during the last months but she wasn't at the award ceremony and banquet on tuesday and may have planned to use an another tiara then. Hence it became 3 times in a row wich must be a record for her

But i'm still amazed to see how well the cameo jewels worked with that tiara and gown. I think this was one of the best jewel combinations ever at Victoria.

Last edited:
:flowers:ILoveCP; Thank you for the pictures of my favorite princess and in the first set of pictures (there is only 3) the first thing I saw when I look at that picture was *The Look of Love* between Victoria and Daniel. That look just blew me away, they sure are more then happy to be together again. They make one very strong powerful couple with that look.

Come on now, 3 out of 6 tiara appearances with the steel cut! Not a favorite of mine, if I ever see it again now....!
Wished she had worn Princess Lilian's tiara. The cameos are my favorite, so glad she wore them.

Actually 4 of the 6 appearances were cut steel, three for the big cut steel, and once for the "minor" cut steel tiara

last nights apperance at the nobel dinner was just amazing! The cameos suited so well together with the cut steel and the dress - Victoria looked so regal!

Victoria's tiaras:

The Royal Watcher

My favorites:

1. Baden Fringe Tiara
2. Cameo Tiara
3. Large Cut Steel Tiara

The worst:

1. 18th Birthday Tiara
2. Four Button Tiara
3. Six Button Tiara
4. Small Cut Steel Tiara
5. Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara
6. Laurel Wreath Tiara
7. Swedish Diamond Bandeau

Victoria has a new "wedding ring", or at least she keeps a new ring on that finger. Svensk Damtidning wrote last year that Victoria has an allergy for her rings. She has used them only in a very important events. I remember seeing the rings last on her at the King's Jubilee 15th September.

But on both queen's celebrations on Wednesday and Thursday she had a new ring, and on Swedish Academy's formal gathering.

Victoria's rings on her wedding day.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Ring on Wednesday
Ring on Thursday (HQ photo)
Ring on Friday

I think Daniel has bought her a new ring, which she hopefully can keep without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom