Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Victoria get to wear her mothers jewlery? If not when would they be given to her, or borrowed by her?

robby86 said:
Does Victoria get to wear her mothers jewlery? If not when would they be given to her, or borrowed by her?

Victoria is allowed to wear any of the tiaras except for the Braganca Diamond Tiara because that is reserved for the queen. Other than tiaras it is probably Queen Silivia's choice whether or not she would lend Victoria any of her jewelry.

Does Queen Silvia "own" the tiaras, or are they in a family trust that Victoria can borrow from? I would think that since she is the Crown Princess that she would have access to nearly all the tiaras and parures in the family's collection.

soCal girl said:
Victoria is allowed to wear any of the tiaras except for the Braganca Diamond Tiara because that is reserved for the queen. Other than tiaras it is probably Queen Silivia's choice whether or not she would lend Victoria any of her jewelry.
I cannot remember which one that is. What does it look like?

robby86 said:
I cannot remember which one that is. What does it look like?

Here it is!

Attachments

• Braganca.jpg
    Braganca.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4,645
Moonlightrhapsody said:
Does Queen Silvia "own" the tiaras, or are they in a family trust that Victoria can borrow from? I would think that since she is the Crown Princess that she would have access to nearly all the tiaras and parures in the family's collection.
The most valuable and historical pieces of jewellery belongs to a trust called the Bernadotte Foundation. This was set up to prevent any further break up of the parures and important pieces of jewellery - going to other countries (for ex in connection with a marriage) or being sold.

But the members of the Royal Family also own quite a lot of jewellery themselves, also some quite grand pieces.

I understant, but almost, if not all of the tiaras that Queen Silvia wears are from the Bernadotte Foundation. Isn't Victoria given the same privilages to borrow the tiaras or does she need to have permission from her mother? Don't anyone take this the wrong way, but I would think that since Victoria is royal born that she would have as much of a choice in what jewels she wishes to wear from the Foundation as her mother who is royal by marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about that really, but I would guess that technically she would have the same access to the Bernadotte Foundation (because I can't imagine they would have any restricting rules for the members of the Royal Family) - but that in reality the most grand tiaras are sort of "reserved" for Queen Silvia. But to know for certain we'd have to ask a someone with insight to these things, I'm only guessing. And if you look at the tiaras Victoria and Madeleine wear, they stick to the same few all the time, while Queen Silvia of course use grander ones because it comes with her position as Queen.

I believe Victoria has full access to the Bernadotte Foundation except for the Braganca Diamond Tiara. Even though she wears the same ones over again (especially the button tiara!) perhaps she likes those tiaras or were given to her by her parents such as her first tiara. Also, this is just a guess, maybe she doesn't wear the Nine Prong Tiara or the Cannaught Diamond Tiara out of respect for her mother who uses them often.

Picture of Silvia wearing the Nine Prong Tiara:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55064

Pictue of Silvia wearing the Cannaught Diamond Tiara:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2996

I do know that Victoria wore pieces of the Cannaught Diamond Tiara as a necklace for the first tiara event for 2005 and borrowed a diamond necklace from Silvia which she wore for the formal dinner the day after Nobel 2004.

do you think its real dimounds in her hair

Attachments

• skanna0003.jpg
    skanna0003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,276
Josefine said:
do you think its real dimounds in her hair

I would think the diamonds are real especially for a prestigious event such as the Nobel Prize. Their tiaras, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings are real, why wouldn't they make their hair piece real? But I don't think one could be 100% sure because they could be really good fakes. Are there any other pictures of Victoria with those diamonds in her hair?

1 & 2. here is one necklace of victorias
3. victoria wearing the baden tiara
4. are there any known jewllery here
Stureplan.se - lena psoted this photo earlier
5, 6 & 7. posted by GrandDuchess

Attachments

• ambassadören Colombo 16 april_5.jpg
    ambassadören Colombo 16 april_5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 872
  • is_11064133.jpg
    is_11064133.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 771
  • showLayoutImage5.jpg
    showLayoutImage5.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,022
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Norway_in_Sweden_25-UKP.jpg
    Norway_in_Sweden_25-UKP.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3,736
  • V5.JPG
    V5.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 786
  • {7DEC050D-6AD5-4BBF-974B-2400C9A24D0E}.jpg
    {7DEC050D-6AD5-4BBF-974B-2400C9A24D0E}.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4,134
Braganca Diamond Tiara

Do the diamonds of this tiara form the outline of the Swedish Royal Coat of Arms? It definitely looks like they are tracing something very distinctive like that! That's incredible!

The button tiara makes another appearance! We have also seen that necklace time and time again. I think it's time for Victoria and Madeleine to get new necklaces for galas. The necklace Victoria is wearing is very pretty but when seen over and over again...sometimes with the same dress...I can't tell which event I'm looking at until I see the color of the sash! :eek:

*the picture I tried to attach didn't work but all the beautiful pictures can be seen in this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6932

Last edited:
I love this tiara on Victoria: (source is www.hola.es)

eapkpl.jpg

not many people like that tiara they think its look like micky mouse ears
I like it when its placed right on her head and the hair cover a bit of the bace

Just wonder if the six buttons and the four buttons tiara were from different kind of jewelry before they were converted in to tiara (I think the button tiara shape is not a very usual shape for tiara)? Does any body know about it or where can I find about the tiaras' history background? thanks.

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
Just wonder if the six buttons and the four buttons tiara were from different kind of jewelry before they were converted in to tiara (I think the button tiara shape is not a very usual shape for tiara)? Does any body know about it or where can I find about the tiaras' history background? thanks.

i dont know how correct this info is..but if its right..i guess it answers ur question :)
http://www.royal-magazin.de/sweden/queen-luisa-ulrika.htm

I want see Victoria on these tiaras. I think that she wiil be looking great on them than on this tiara - I don't remeber name, which she wore on last Nobel Prize 2004.

here is a picture of a necklance which caused big headlines as i remember it...

I wish Victoria (Madeleine too) would get some new, pretty jewelry. At galas, she seems to repeat necklaces and earrings over and over again. I know that the Swedish Royal Family isn't rolling in money, but with all the dresses that they recycle, I hoped that some new jewelry would pop up! BTW, I thought Victoria looked beautiful at both galas in Monaco. That black dress was stunning, especially with that hair!

Victoria looks lovely with the four button tiara when she wears her hair down instead of upswept. My favorite is the Baden tiara.:cool:

I think the reason the Swedish RF wears these tiaras are the historic value they hold, and not the fashionability, The Swedish RF go back hundreds of years and have intermarried into practically every RF GB,Germany, Denmark etc. many of the Jewels other RF have are a result of their marriage with Sweden (Norway for instance and the Emerald Parure). Ugly or not, they are magnificent!

i think the four botton tiara is good when its placed togather with the right hair style

for the nobel 2005 victoria wore her baden tiara and it cant go wrong with that it suits her well

grandduchess24bl.jpg
posted by grand duchess at the swedish forum

purpleplatinum26ns.jpg

purpleplatinum7hz.jpg

posted by purple platinum at the swedish forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom