Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new jewelry is absolutely gorgeous. I love how simple all the pieces are.

:previous: I'd love to know that too. Good spotting if they did. If they didn't, they still look lovely.

BTW I think that is one of the clearest photographs of Victoria's engagement and wedding ring I think I have seen. They are wonderfully understated and elegant. Definitely of the "less is more" variety!

Fabulous earrings and necklace at the christening she really looked great and the earrings are totally .. gorgeous.

The simplicity of her jewellery certainly did not take away from the elegant beauty of the pieces.

Is it common in Sweden to wear the engagement ring then the wedding band as Victoria does?

The earrings are the ones from Queen Victoaria's stomacher which were removed when the stomacher was turned into a necklace in the early 1980s.

From the looks of those drops on the stomacher, they were just waiting to be converted to earrings. What beautiful diamonds.

The simplicity of her jewellery certainly did not take away from the elegant beauty of the pieces.

Is it common in Sweden to wear the engagement ring then the wedding band as Victoria does?
Yes it is.
Queen Silvia is always wearing both rings like that as well.

:previous: Thank you, Boris. It is nice to see them uphold a Swedish tradition!

Another question: Is it also common practice to wear the rings on the left hand, or is this a modern trend?

:previous: Thank you, Boris. It is nice to see them uphold a Swedish tradition!

Another question: Is it also common practice to wear the rings on the left hand, or is this a modern trend?
It's the oldest 'trend' imaginable, because the left ring finger has been considered to be directly connected to the heart since the ancient Egypts.
In Europe, only a few countries (like Germany and Norway, I believe) have the tradition to wear the wedding ring on the right hand, in most other countries it's worn to the left and thus 'close to the heart'.

Thank you, Boris, for clarifying about the hand Victoria and Silvia wear their wedding ring. My question regarding left or right was in reference to Sweden, not the tradition itself - I find it interesting that some cultures wear it on the right.

It's the oldest 'trend' imaginable, because the left ring finger has been considered to be directly connected to the heart since the ancient Egypts.
In Europe, only a few countries (like Germany and Norway, I believe) have the tradition to wear the wedding ring on the right hand, in most other countries it's worn to the left and thus 'close to the heart'.
In Denmark the engagementring is worn on the left hand and the weddingring on the right hand - because: You say yes to marry the (wo)man with your heart, but you say legally yes in the church/at the city hall with your right hand :flowers:

Also in Finland both rings are worn at the left hand.

I like the blue earrings a lot. They go very well with her dress.

:previous:I really fancy that pendant and how apposite is its resemblance to a four-leaved clover :shamrock: -Victoria and Daniel gathered their very own ones in the shape of their respective partner!
Svenskdam Kronprinsessans halsband | kungligamodebloggen mentions a store where you can buy necklaces and earrings from the official wedding series: Officiella Bröllopsserien, halsband kort; Officiella Bröllopslinjen , Örhängen; Officiella Bröllopsserien, Berlockhalsband
They do look charming making me think of the rings caused by stones which had been dropped into water http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/08/Bild-121.png. I guess these earrings are equipped with diamonds, blue topazes and sapphires. Does anybody know who designed them?

Last edited:
Victoria's earrings and necklace yesterday at the inauguration of their wedding gift from WWF, "The Love Path", the necklace if from the official wedding serie.
http://blogg.improveme.se/kandisbloggen/files/2012/08/ste_opening_of_t_8275079.jpg
http://www.bekia.es/images/galeria/...a-rie-divertida-inauguracion-sendero-amor.jpg

:previous:I really fancy that pendant and how apposite is its resemblance to a four-leaved clover :shamrock: -Victoria and Daniel gathered their very own ones in the shape of their respective partner!
Svenskdam Kronprinsessans halsband | kungligamodebloggen mentions a store where you can buy necklaces and earrings from the official wedding series: Officiella Bröllopsserien, halsband kort; Officiella Bröllopslinjen , Örhängen; Officiella Bröllopsserien, Berlockhalsband

Her necklace doesn't looke like the one from the Wedding series. Sure the shape is similar, but it's missing the center thingy. It looks more like Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra to me, but I can't find it on the website.

One cuff is fine. Two cuffs is entering Wonder Woman territory.

I'm not a fan of this necklace; too chunky and bulky. It also reminds me of something one would make in an art class during summer camp.

Absolutely hate those cuffs. There's something about the design that I don't like.

That necklace is hideous! Too bulky for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom