Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Victoria doesn't wear these earrings more often, they are fantastic! The soft pink stones are so beautiful!

Victoria wore really beautiful earrings in the newly released pictures with little Estelle.
Gorgeous - and I'm not talking about earrings only. :)

Picture cropped from a much larger one and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Stunning, simple and elegant, which to me, equals perfection.

I adore the earrings of the news pics, the tiara i can´t see it work with the hair... but it´s lovely...

The earrings appear to be part of a set which also includes a brooch, as can be seen in this newly-released official picture.
Edit: Not a set then, as Josephine and Boris kindly explained. Still, the brooch would go quite nicely with the new pink pearl earrings. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know about the bracelet that Princess Victoria is wearing as she holds Estelle? It has colored beads; perhaps they are stones.

:previous:
Thanks for the information, Josefine! :flowers:
Perhaps the earrings were purchased or made recently, to go with the brooch?
It could be a gift from Prince Daniel or Their Majesties on the occasion of little Estelle's birth.

The earrings appear to be part of a set which also includes a brooch, as can be seen in this newly-released official picture.
The pink earrings worn in the new baby pictures are a different pair than the pearl earrings seen in the picture with the black day dress.
As mentioned before, the pearl earrings belong to the Bernadotte collection, as well as the pearl and diamond brooch. Queen Silvia wears the pieces frequently.

The diamond flower brooch worn by CP Victoria in the gala pics with blue dress is her own though; it used to belong to CP Margaret of Connaught and was a gift from Prince Bertil to Victoria.

The pink earrings worn in the new baby pictures are a different pair than the pearl earrings seen in the picture with the black day dress.
As mentioned before, the pearl earrings belong to the Bernadotte collection, as well as the pearl and diamond brooch. Queen Silvia wears the pieces frequently.

The diamond flower brooch worn by CP Victoria in the gala pics with blue dress is her own though; it used to belong to CP Margaret of Connaught and was a gift from Prince Bertil to Victoria.
Thanks a lot for the additional information! :flowers:
I absolutely love the pearl earrings, they are so delicate and nice looking.

Last edited:
Tilia C. said:
Thanks for the link. I haven't seen these pictures before, either.
Victoria looks great on the pics, but why, oh why, is she so fond of the six-headlights-tiara? Yet, I like the attempt to hide the ugly base by covering it with a braid of hair.

Probably because it is one of her four main tiaras. Victorias tiaras are the 6 button tiara, 4 button tiara, baden fringe tiara (My favourite) and the cut steel tiara. I'm sure that she avoids the nine prong tiara, the sapphire tiara and the cameo tiara (Except for the wedding) out of respect for her mother.

Probably because it is one of her four main tiaras. Victorias tiaras are the 6 button tiara, 4 button tiara, baden fringe tiara (My favourite) and the cut steel tiara.
...plus her small 18th birthday gift tiara of diamonds and sapphires and the amethyst tiara, which she hasn't worn for a long time now and which IMO was never really flattering on her.

... plus the amethyst tiara, which she wears only rarely. Example: at the 2010 Nobels she wore that stunning purple Eli Saab dress. But she chose the 6-buttons, although the dress was just perfectly amethyst-coloured.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 279
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 310
The Cameo tiara is still my favourite, the whole set is stunning actually.

The Cameo and the Fringe, with the Amethyst coming up third. Great photo gallery, Artemisia, thank you!

Last edited:
I didn't named the cameo tiara because i would be very surprised if we will see Victoria wearing it again before she is Queen or senior princess. Don't know why she stopped wearing the imo beautiful amethyst tiara. I think it suits her really good with her natural dark hair. I hate her 18:th birthday tiara. Better she had started with the baden fringe tiara or the 4 button tiara back in 1995. The tiara her parents gave her is à tiara for à 10 year old little girl imo.

The problem with the amethyst tiara on Victoria is that the frame is to big for her head and mostly looks strane. They only time it worked well was at the Wedding of Pricness Märtha Louise in Norway when she wore it more back. What i wonder why she never wears one of the more prominent tiaras like the connaught or 9-pronge when Silvia wears one of the other tiaras for the big Events.

Stefan said:
The problem with the amethyst tiara on Victoria is that the frame is to big for her head and mostly looks strane. They only time it worked well was at the Wedding of Pricness Märtha Louise in Norway when she wore it more back. What i wonder why she never wears one of the more prominent tiaras like the connaught or 9-pronge when Silvia wears one of the other tiaras for the big Events.

I don't know if they have tried the 9 prong tiara on her head but it is not flexible like the others and said to be very diffucult to wear if it doesn't match the wearers head shape. Apparently it matches Queen Silvias head shape very well.

Edit: Not a set then, as Josephine and Boris kindly explained. Still, the brooch would go quite nicely with the new pink pearl earrings. :)

Not a fan of the earrings but I do love the brooch.

Isn´t the amethyst tiara worn by Queen Silvia or am I thinking too long back in time?

Last edited:
The Queen has worn the amethyst tiara quite a few times in the recent decade, including:
- The 200th anniversary of the Grand Order of the Amaranth in Malmo in January 2011
- The wedding of Crown Prince Frederik

This is one of the tiaras both Queen Silvia and Victoria wear on different occasions, whenever suitable (or whenever it goes well with their gowns).
:previous:
Last time , Queen has worn the Amethyst tiara at Malmö Amaranthens 200th anniversary in January 2011
here is link :flowers:
Kungaparet närvarade när Malmö Amaranthen fyllde 200 år - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I love the amethyst tiara, but always felt Queen Slivia wears it better than CP Victoria.......maybe the Queen's fuller hairstyle is to be credited for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom