The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Majesty

At last night gala dinner victoria wore the baden tiara again. and a simple dimond necklace

Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Commoner

I like the amethyst tiara on HRH Crown Princess Victoria...Does anyone have a recent photo of her wearing it again? Thanks a lot.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy andy
I like the amethyst tiara on HRH Crown Princess Victoria...Does anyone have a recent photo of her wearing it again? Thanks a lot.
The amethyst tiara is one of my favorites as well. I'm not really finding any pics of her wearing this tiara recently. Possibly this tiara will make an appearance in Norway in July when the royal families get together for Queen Sonya's birthday. We'll have to wait and see! But for now here are some other links to some pages on the forums where you can see her wearing this tiara.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s+gala+dresses go to post #40 posted by Josefine (at the bottom of the page)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s+gala+dresses go to post #46 and post #49 both posted by Josefine (towards the middle of the page)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...003-a-707.html just look thru this thread of the State Visit to Finland

She also wore this tiara at the state visit with Belgium but there are very few pics of that visit.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

The amethyst tiara has not been worn by CP Victoria in almost four years - that's when her mother Queen Silvia started to wear it again, first for the Danish Royal wedding and then for the Diamond Jubilee in Thailand.
I love this tiara too - one of very few around which are a full circlet, and such great stones! - but I never liked CP Victoria wearing it. The shape is all wrong for her face and her hairdresser never managed to place it right on her head either - just look at those pics from Finland...!
The cut steel and the Baden Fringe tiaras are more flattering for CP Victoria, and I am glad that she seems to have stopped wearing the amethyst tiara. It looks much better on Queen Silvia, and in contrast the Baden fringe tiara looks much better on Victoria than on her mother, IMHO.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with you about the amethyst tiara, Boris. It seems like the only time that it looked good on Victoria was at the wedding of Martha-Louise to Ari Behn, and even then it was still "floating" above the base. I think the position of it, however, was flattering to Victoria. Queen Silvia does wear it better, however. In regards to the Baden fringe, you are absolutely correct. It looks fantastic on Victoria in a way that her mother has never achieved. Even though Victoria has her mother's chin, there is something about Silvia's face/head shape/hairstyles that always makes it look a little off.

Mapper
Old 04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

February 24, 2007. Victoria at King Harald's birthday Gala.
She wore the Baden Fringe Tiara again:

Tiara

Royal dinner at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden February 21, 2007.
Victoria wearing her first Tiara.

Tiara

(I don't like the second Tiara. You can hardly see it in her hair... it looks quite boring )

Old 04-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pics, Her Majesty. In this photo from King Harald's gala I just noticed the bracelet Victoria is wearing. Is it one of the ones from the Swedish amethyst parure that is usually used to make the necklace?
Mapper
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Courtier

Huh. She wore the 18th birthday tiara in February. I haven't really seen her in that one in a while. I'm not too fond of it. I'd prefer to see the cut steel tiara on her, again. She carries it off like nobody else.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Nobility

There is no "better" way to wear the six button tiara. It is just plain ugly. I did like the way she wore that pin with the white coat dress, that was very Audrey Hepburn/ Jackie Kennedy. Elegant.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Definitely with the six button tiara it takes a woman of a certain age as well as a larger hairstyle to look appropriate. In terms of HM and the princesses, Victoria's use of the tiara this week has been the only time that it approaches looking halfway decent. I think it is the positioning on the head (further back) and the hairstyle (sleek in the front and completely lifted in the back, exposing the entire neck) that makes the difference. Madeleine's second use of the tiara was close but the low bun on the back of her neck made the entire style look awkward. I just hope that if Victoria uses this tiara again, she uses the same hairstyle. HM doesn't seem to be a big fan of this tiara, using it only once that I have seen. And her eyes are so small that the BIG diamond buttons overwhelm her face making us notice the tiara and not her.

Mapper
Old 05-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Courtier

I'd say it's the hairstyle more than anything. Victoria always wears her hair pulled back with it, at least in the front, and it makes the tiara look as though it sticks up in an odd way. Lillian wears the tiara well, and as far as I can tell, is the only one who has.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Well, one thing is for sure...no one wears the Baden Fringe like Victoria! Her pics from the return dinner in the brown gown and Baden Fringe show that she is regal, beautiful, and if called upon could take her place on the throne. I hate the whole feather/leaf/flower headband contraptions but she looked fantastic on the state visit to Denmark. What a body! What legs! And her gala gowns were dignified, youthful, and contemporary. Great job to her and her stylists!

Mapper
Old 05-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Majesty

is there any good photos of the tiaras she wore for the state visit in denamrk?
what other jewllery did she wear?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I came across this picture of Victoria and her Jeep-tiara at the Royal Jewels MB, posted by Octavius.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nobel 2007

Crown Princess Victoria during the Nobel Ceremony and Nobel Banquet
ANP

Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone have any information on the necklace that Victoria wore to this years Nobel?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Majesty

i think Silvias has worn it as a brosch
but maybe there are other that can tell us more

as i have a lot of work these days
have victoria taken part in any other events with tiaras if so, what jewllery did she wear
Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Majesty

i think there has been one tiara event this year it was the one at 24 jan
she wore the baden tiara
Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria is on a visit to Västerås today, she was in an art museum.
A close up of her crown brooch / Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Napoleonic Steel-Cut Tiara

11-03-2008 Gala Princess Victoria poses for photographers before a dinner at the Royal Palace in Stockholm

Tiara

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria