The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The earrings appear to be part of a set which also includes a brooch, as can be seen in this newly-released official picture.

Beautiful pearl jewels, and very classy. Thank you!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The earrings appear to be part of a set which also includes a brooch, as can be seen in this newly-released official picture.
The pink earrings worn in the new baby pictures are a different pair than the pearl earrings seen in the picture with the black day dress.
As mentioned before, the pearl earrings belong to the Bernadotte collection, as well as the pearl and diamond brooch. Queen Silvia wears the pieces frequently.

The diamond flower brooch worn by CP Victoria in the gala pics with blue dress is her own though; it used to belong to CP Margaret of Connaught and was a gift from Prince Bertil to Victoria.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The pink earrings worn in the new baby pictures are a different pair than the pearl earrings seen in the picture with the black day dress.
As mentioned before, the pearl earrings belong to the Bernadotte collection, as well as the pearl and diamond brooch. Queen Silvia wears the pieces frequently.

The diamond flower brooch worn by CP Victoria in the gala pics with blue dress is her own though; it used to belong to CP Margaret of Connaught and was a gift from Prince Bertil to Victoria.
Thanks a lot for the additional information!
I absolutely love the pearl earrings, they are so delicate and nice looking.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Majesty

efa attling earings "rose pendels" has been worn by victoria but also paris hilton uma thurman and meryl streep
Old 03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you for the picture . What a beautiful set.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
Thanks for the link. I haven't seen these pictures before, either.
Victoria looks great on the pics, but why, oh why, is she so fond of the six-headlights-tiara? Yet, I like the attempt to hide the ugly base by covering it with a braid of hair.
Probably because it is one of her four main tiaras. Victorias tiaras are the 6 button tiara, 4 button tiara, baden fringe tiara (My favourite) and the cut steel tiara. I'm sure that she avoids the nine prong tiara, the sapphire tiara and the cameo tiara (Except for the wedding) out of respect for her mother.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Probably because it is one of her four main tiaras. Victorias tiaras are the 6 button tiara, 4 button tiara, baden fringe tiara (My favourite) and the cut steel tiara.
...plus her small 18th birthday gift tiara of diamonds and sapphires and the amethyst tiara, which she hasn't worn for a long time now and which IMO was never really flattering on her.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

... plus the amethyst tiara, which she wears only rarely. Example: at the 2010 Nobels she wore that stunning purple Eli Saab dress. But she chose the 6-buttons, although the dress was just perfectly amethyst-coloured.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

... and the diamond bandeau.
To summarise, Princess Victoria has the following tiaras:

- Four Button Tiara
- Six Button Tiara
- Baden Fringe Tiara
- Cut Steel Tiara
- Amethyst Tiara
- 18th Birthday Tiara
- Two Row Diamond Rivieres (that she uses as a diamond bandeau)
- The Cameo Tiara (that she wore for her wedding, but otherwise used by the Queen)

(images cropped from much larger pictures and constitute less than 20% of the original)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	284349   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	284350   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	284351   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	284352  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	284353   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	284354   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	284355   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	284356  

Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cameo tiara is still my favourite, the whole set is stunning actually.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cameo and the Fringe, with the Amethyst coming up third. Great photo gallery, Artemisia, thank you!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Nobility

I didn't named the cameo tiara because i would be very surprised if we will see Victoria wearing it again before she is Queen or senior princess. Don't know why she stopped wearing the imo beautiful amethyst tiara. I think it suits her really good with her natural dark hair. I hate her 18:th birthday tiara. Better she had started with the baden fringe tiara or the 4 button tiara back in 1995. The tiara her parents gave her is à tiara for à 10 year old little girl imo.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Majesty

thank you Artemisia
that were a good photo summery

here is a old panel of photos i made 2010
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/180...victoriast.jpg
Old 03-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

The problem with the amethyst tiara on Victoria is that the frame is to big for her head and mostly looks strane. They only time it worked well was at the Wedding of Pricness Märtha Louise in Norway when she wore it more back. What i wonder why she never wears one of the more prominent tiaras like the connaught or 9-pronge when Silvia wears one of the other tiaras for the big Events.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The problem with the amethyst tiara on Victoria is that the frame is to big for her head and mostly looks strane. They only time it worked well was at the Wedding of Pricness Märtha Louise in Norway when she wore it more back. What i wonder why she never wears one of the more prominent tiaras like the connaught or 9-pronge when Silvia wears one of the other tiaras for the big Events.
I don't know if they have tried the 9 prong tiara on her head but it is not flexible like the others and said to be very diffucult to wear if it doesn't match the wearers head shape. Apparently it matches Queen Silvias head shape very well.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Edit: Not a set then, as Josephine and Boris kindly explained. Still, the brooch would go quite nicely with the new pink pearl earrings.
Not a fan of the earrings but I do love the brooch.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Isn´t the amethyst tiara worn by Queen Silvia or am I thinking too long back in time?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Isn´t the amethyst tiara worn by Queen Silvia or am I thinking too long back in time?
The Queen has worn the amethyst tiara quite a few times in the recent decade, including:
- The 200th anniversary of the Grand Order of the Amaranth in Malmo in January 2011
- The wedding of Crown Prince Frederik

This is one of the tiaras both Queen Silvia and Victoria wear on different occasions, whenever suitable (or whenever it goes well with their gowns).
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Queen has worn the amethyst tiara quite a few times in the recent decade, including:
- The 200th anniversary of the Grand Order of the Amaranth in Malmo in January 2011
- The wedding of Crown Prince Frederik

This is one of the tiaras both Queen Silvia and Victoria wear on different occasions, whenever suitable (or whenever it goes well with their gowns).

Last time , Queen has worn the Amethyst tiara at Malmö Amaranthens 200th anniversary in January 2011
here is link
Kungaparet närvarade när Malmö Amaranthen fyllde 200 år - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the amethyst tiara, but always felt Queen Slivia wears it better than CP Victoria.......maybe the Queen's fuller hairstyle is to be credited for that?

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria