The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post

Hi, Boris. Sorry to disagree, but Victoria did wear the pendants that appear in the forget-me-not loops of the Connaught tiara on a chain to Joachim and Marie's wedding. Madeleine has also done so in the past. You are correct in pointing out, however, that Victoria has never worn the entire tiara removed from its frame as a necklace. Based on what I have seen in photographs, only two women, Queen Silvia and the original owner CP Margaret, have done so.
True Rascal, I'm aware that both Victoria and Madeleine have worn the detachable drops from the tiara on a chain.
Besides CO Margareta and Queen Silvia, Princess Christina has also worn the complete Connaught tiara as necklace once - for the Millenium Ball on New Years Eve 1999 at Stockholm Palace.

Princess Madeleine wearing the drops from the Connaught tiara as necklace pendants at the Nobel prize ceremony in 2005:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tos348759.jpg/

Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I love how tiaras are so versatile; this is a beautiful transformation with the pendants.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the response, Boris, AND for reminding me about Christina wearing the tiara as a necklace at the Millenium Ball....I completely forgot about it!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Majesty

i am guessing there is no point in starting a thread for estelle, but Åland a part of finland will give this jewllery to the princess
Nya Åland - Nyheter
Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a lovely piece!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, how sweet; a little angel pendant.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is Victoria wearing the Modern Fringe and the Connaught as a necklace:

Pic
Old 03-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Majesty

the ametyst tiara we have loved and hate i do love it for its colour and grand display but i do not like how its sits on the head i were thinking with an other frame could it be a bit lower so it does not look like it would flow´. here Silvia wearing the tiara

it were a few years now we saw the pink and blue topaz necklace maybe a necklkace for a young princess,
Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

To me, the amethyst necklace looks like a necklace when worn as a tiara so for me it looks better as a necklace. The frame is excessively high. But the size and color of those gems are absolutely stunning.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The necklace and brooch of the Amethyst tiara is gorgeous!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
the ametyst tiara we have loved and hate i do love it for its colour and grand display but i do not like how its sits on the head i were thinking with an other frame could it be a bit lower so it does not look like it would flow´. here Silvia wearing the tiara

it were a few years now we saw the pink and blue topaz necklace maybe a necklkace for a young princess,
That is a gorgeous amethyst parure in all its components, and I can just venture a guess what young princess could wear that lovely topaz necklace, maybe for her 16th birthday!

And the modern fringe tiara on Madeleine is very lovely, but it's another tiara that sits up too high. The base needed to be buried more in a puffed hairstyle.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Majesty

The angel pendant is gorgeous. Estelle can wear it when she's a little older. The tiaras and necklaces are pretty too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Various earrings from her:

Pic Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6 Pic7 Pic8

My favorites of course are those breathtaking earrings she wore at her pre wedding event.And those goregous sapphire earrings in pic7.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Majesty

The tiara worn by queen sofia of sweden then estelle bernadotte may been bought by daniel to victoria from the norwigien royal family

but why did the norwigien royal family buy it and not used it

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: The countess Estelle Bernadotte tiara...
Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
The tiara worn by queen sofia of sweden then estelle bernadotte may been bought by daniel to victoria from the norwigien royal family

but why did the norwigien royal family buy it and not used it

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: The countess Estelle Bernadotte tiara...
As I already said on the Royal Jewels MB - Swedish gossip mag 'Svensk Dam Tidning' has come up with a very strange tale here which just doesn't ring true.

Fact is that the pink tourmaline parure has certainly been sold by Estelle Bernadotte's heirs, and it might actually be back in the royal collection now, but the winding road it's supposed to have taken via the Norwegian RF as well as Prince Daniel being the buyer are details which are rather hard to believe.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Gentry

Boris, you are right about that Svensk damtidning is a very unreliable source. One would think that they could have possibilities to get "inside information" since Carl Johan Bernadotte's adoptive daughter works there.

Well, they had interviewed an expert on royal jewels as well as Folke Bernadotte and this expert claimed that the tiara consisted of diamonds, turmalines and white sapphires. He also said that the tiara was first owned by queen Josefina who was very much admired when she wore the tiara since the white sapphires looked stunning in her dark hair.

I do not believe that Daniel bought the tiara, firstly since I do not think he has that knowledge of historic jewellery, secondly since he has not got the means to buy it. When they got married there was a lot of speculations about the ring since Daniel himself could not have afforded it.

The queen is known for her interest in jewellery and it historic provenance. So if anyone has bought it I think it must have been the king and queen, whether it was bought as a gift for their daughter or as an addition to the collection.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid Cecilia View Post
I do not believe that Daniel bought the tiara, firstly since I do not think he has that knowledge of historic jewellery, secondly since he has not got the means to buy it. When they got married there was a lot of speculations about the ring since Daniel himself could not have afforded it.
Daniel had taxable income from his work over 73 000 euros and about 170 000 euros reported capital surplus in 2010 (he stopped working after the wedding). And in February 2010 it was told in the media, that Daniel got then about 93 000 euros annuity of his shares, so I think he could afford to buy a wedding ring. The value of his shares was over 2 million euros then.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article6613825.ab
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I love her engagement ring! It's very classic and timeless.Great size,perfect for Victoria.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I love her engagement ring! It's very classic and timeless.Great size,perfect for Victoria.
The simplicity of this ring is absolutely charming. Thank you for sharing the picture.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Nice Ring But Very Simple I Think It’s Not More Than 3 Diamond carats , Thank you for Posting IloveCP

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria