The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Heir Apparent

The gold gives colour and depth to the Cameos. White gold or platinum would have drained the colour from the cameos and made the whole thing look icy cold. Brunettes like Silvia and Victoria would not have looked good in it at all. It would look like a large grayish/white gateau cake!

Perhaps Madeleine in her bleach blond phase would have had the right colouring but I am thinking not!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Aristocracy

I still don't agree with you... look at the Scroll Tiara that the Duchess of Cambridge wore. It was not yellow gold and it went beautifully with her dark brown hair. Granted it was'nt as large as Victoria's, still. Imo it looked a lot better. *Shrugs*

Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Majesty

sweden got two very uniq items in the voults the cameo tiara/set and the cut steel set
i do not think we have seen any other royals weraings these kind of items in the present day
Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
I still don't agree with you... look at the Scroll Tiara that the Duchess of Cambridge wore. It was not yellow gold and it went beautifully with her dark brown hair. Granted it was'nt as large as Victoria's, still. Imo it looked a lot better. *Shrugs*
Most of the effect of tiaras is from the glitter; ie the diamonds. The cameos and pearls while beautiful, create rather an insipid display - see the necklace. However the gold gives the piece body and depth, which a white metal would not.

The halo scroll tiara is an outstanding piece of craftmanship, as is the cameo tiara, but really there can be no comparison between the two.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I love how regal and stunning this tiara is.It's majestic but it is not too much.Victoria always looks so elegant in it.This will always be one of my favorite tiaras of all time.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

The Baden fringed tiara is beautiful and I've mostly seen crown princess Victoria in it and it suits her abd strangely it looks like the George III tiara.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the bottom tiara should have stayed real buttons, never bee one of my favorite, sorry to say!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if it would look better if the six-button and four-button tiaras were merged into one piece.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the Cameo tiara.I wonder when is the next time she will wear it.Most likely when she is queen.

If not for the Cameo she would probably wear the Baden Fringe tiara on her wedding day.I think the Fringe tiara is a great wedding tiara.Or the Connaught.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

True, the Fringe is beautiful and Victoria wears it with panache. But the Cameo she wore for her wedding was truly regal. It suited her colouring so well and she really does have the carriage of a Queen. Unfortunately I do not think we will see her in the Cameo again until she is the Queen.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Cameo is one of the most unusual and striking tiaras I've ever seen; a true standout amid the normal headgear with precious stones. Other tiaras, if I may say, are bold in their beauty with flashing gems; this one is more subtle that's better seen closeup so you can see the detail of the cameos. That's where the beauty lies. It suits Victoria so well; she wore it grandly and majestically on her wedding day.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not a fan of the Amethyst Tiara.I love the sapphires but not the tiara itself.Plus,placement can be tricky.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. I think it looks too much like a necklace attempting to double as a tiara and the base is very obvious. It just doesn't have a distinctive tiara style to it. But it's gorgeous; I've very partial to amethysts and this parure is magnificent.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

I Like Sapphires Tiara Of Princess Victoria
Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Nobility

I love the amethyst parure. But my favourite "Victoria tiara" is without doubt the baden fringe tiara or "stråldiademet" as we say in Sweden. The cameo tiara was a very good choice fo the wedding but i doubt we will se Victoria wearing it again until she is Queen. I wish the Queen would let her wear the "ruby tiara" or the "connaught tiara" on grand state occasions like weddings, Birthday celebrations or jubilee celebrations when the Queen usually wears the sapphire set, cameo set or the braganza tiara, instead of her more common tiaras the baden fringe tiara, 6 button tiara or the cut steel tiara she always wear to the representation dinners, state visits and the Nobel ceremonies when the Queen usually wears the nine prong tiara, the connaught tiara or the sapphire set.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Courtier

I like most of the Swedish tiaras; mind you the Swedish RF has contributed to the Danish rsp. Norwegian jewellery and there's still plenty left. The only tiara I'm not too keen on is the one worn by Princess Lillian - bless her - with a halo-like arrangement which make it look like a set of denturesl And then there's the Connaught: It's a beautiful piece of jewellery, but it looks as if it needs a big coiffed upswept hair to 'sit' properly. Princess Madeleine wore it for Vickan's wedding, and somehow the Connaught didn't look right on her - it was too wide for her hairdo.

viv
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria today at the farewell lunch the royal family gave to finnish president Tarja Halonen. Victoria wore a brooch designed by president Halonen. Halonen gave it to Victoria on Victoria´s and Daniel´s visit to Finland in 2010.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7982/vicbrooch.jpg
Queen Silvia has the same brooch, president Halonen gave it to her on the state visit to Finland in 2003. The queen wore the brooch also today.
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagal.../wj211547v.jpg
Old 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I not like it . But pregnancy very nice on CP Victoria
Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria wore a brooch designed by president Halonen. - - - The queen wore the brooch also today.
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagal.../wj211547v.jpg
Thank you for this information, LadyFinn! I had no idea of that brooch.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Does the brooch have gems set in it? Hard to see from the photos.

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria