The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Majesty

how long ago was it since she wore her 18th birthday gift tiara was it 2003

Old 01-12-2006, 04:00 PM

Sanna

This is my first message on theroyalforums. :) I'm wondering if there are anymore good photos of CP Victoria's earrings. The earrings I would like to find are:
1. The brown butterfly (?) earrings Victoria wore when she attented the Astrid Lindgren Prize Award at Skansen 2004;
2. The red flower earrings Victoria wore the first day at Iceland 2004;
3. The big green chandelier (?) earrings Victoria wore when she wore that yellow skirt and black top in Australia;
4. The multi-colored earrings Victoria wore when she attented the Athletic gala in January 2005.

Josefine, do you have any nice photos? The ones you have posted (for example the blue necklace with pearls) are so great!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

Welcome to the Royal Forums Sanna! I have found some of the earrings and are on the hunt for the others.

Here are the green chandelier earrrings Victoria wore in Australia...this was the best close-up picture I could find so far.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1110445597

The red flower earrings on the first day of the Iceland 2004 visit...these were the best view of the earrings so far (sorry!)...I'm trying to look for some close-ups.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a1953/is24.jpg

While perusing the Victoria Current Events thread, I saw these earrings and thought they were interesting. Big, purple flowers.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1133464927

Josefine, do you have any better photos than mine? If you do, please post! Thanks :)
Old 01-15-2006, 04:09 PM

Thank you for your efforts soCal girl! :) I thought I might add some earrings to the list. Maybe it can be helpful in the pursue to find photos?

1. The multi-colored earrings has been seen at following events: a) the pre-
wedding lunch/dinner in Madrid, Spain; b) SWEA:s party at Stadshuset
(June 2004); c) Victoria's visit to Budapest, Hungary; d) the athletic
award (January 2005).

I'm wondering if there is a matching bracelet to the multi-colored earrings? I have seen a matching necklace but I'm not sure about the bracelet.

Thank's for the help!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:20 PM

I'm continuing the hunt for photos

2. Earrings - from CP Victoria's visit to Sofiero (2004)

3. Light pink butterfly earrings - the opening of the diabetes center in
Linköping / lunch with the Nordic council

4. Creol earrings (sorry, don't know what that is in english) - the knowledge
award (Kunskapspriset) 2004 / the visit to Budapest in Hungary / the
opening of the design year 2005

5. Silver earrings from CP Victoria's visit to Strasbourg (2004)

I don't think I have seen any close-ups of these earrings. Please post if you have any of these and send questions to me of events or jewelry if you want to know something and I'll try to answer them :)
Old 01-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

I thought Victoria did not look good in the Six Button Tiara. They are not tragedies, so why do the royal ladies make them look bad (except Princess Lilian)? Why don't they cover up the base?...it looks so unattractive when the show it.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Majesty

from dpa

i cant see the bace it seems to be hidden well this time
Old 01-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Six Button Tiara looks much better on CP Victoria than I expected. With this tiara, everything depends on the hairdo, the angle it's placed at and hiding the base, IMO. She & her hairdresser did a good job - it looks better on her than on her mother or her sister. The Baden Fringe remains my favorite for Victoria, though.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Majesty

here are the two of them side by side

Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Majesty

here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanna
This is my first message on theroyalforums. :) I'm wondering if there are anymore good photos of CP Victoria's earrings. The earrings I would like to find are:
1. The brown butterfly (?) earrings Victoria wore when she attented the Astrid Lindgren Prize Award at Skansen 2004;

2. The red flower earrings Victoria wore the first day at Iceland 2004;

3. The big green chandelier (?) earrings Victoria wore when she wore that yellow skirt and black top in Australia;

4. The multi-colored earrings Victoria wore when she attented the Athletic gala in January 2005.

Josefine, do you have any nice photos? The ones you have posted (for example the blue necklace with pearls) are so great!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine

from dpa

i cant see the bace it seems to be hidden well this time
Josefine, I think you're right. I figured out my problem with it! The two diamond bands underneath the buttons should be reduced to one. The added height of two bands seems to throw the tiara back and makes the royal ladies seem as if they are tilting their head back IMO.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

As much as I adore the Baden Fringe Tiara; Victoria needs to mix it up more. She has access to every single tiara in the royal vault technically except the huge one that's reserved for the Queen (can't remember the name, it starts with a B). I know she doesn't wear several tiaras out of respect for Queen Silvia, but she still has many to choose from. We have seen the Baden Fringe Tiara several gala events in a row now....
Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Gentry

She never wore the Nine- Prong- Tiara, now did she? I rather like that one. Considering Silvia doesn't always wear it, how about this one? Or the Amethyst- Tiara again? Did she only wear it 4 times? I think it looks better on the daughter than on the mother. I agree the Cameo- and Braganca- Tiaras should stay with Silvia for a while longer. Too big for Victoria. But what about the Fringe- Tiara her father- gave- her- mother- who- gave- it- Madeleine? I know that her sister usually wears it, but in case Madeleine doesn't attend gala events like nowadays due to her being in NYC, couldn't Victoria wear this one? Or as a necklace? I admit I like that Finge- Tiara better than the Baden- Fringe- Tiara. The latter I only liked at the last Nobel Prize event. There I thought it looked beautiful. But before? No.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Silvia is actually quite fond of the Nine Prong Tiara and wears it often along with the Connaught Diamond Tiara. The Braganca Tiara is the one strictly reserved only for the Queen and Silvia wore this tiara in her first royal portraits as Queen. As for the fringe tiara the King Carl Gustaf gave to Queen Siliva; that's Madeleine's "main tiara" so to speak and I think Victoria stays away from that out of respect. Victoria has worn it as a necklace before though and Queen Siliva also wore it recently to a visit in Australia (I think it was Australia :o ). Now I don't want Victoria going back to her little Button Tiara marathon she did before but I don't want a Baden Fringe marathon either. I think mixing it up would be Victoria's best choice. :)
Old 03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Gentry

Silvia may be fond of the Nine- Prong- Tiara, but when she wears the Connaught- Tiara she can't wear the Prong one, too, now can she?

But okay, this tiara aside, the Connaught one aside, the 2 Fringe tiaras aside, the 2 big ones aside, the 2 Button tiaras aside: What about the Amethyst one? I mean, we do not want her to wear her 18th b- day tiara, do we? It is a nice, small one for an 18th year old, but not for a 28 year old woman! Other than that there is only the Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara, IIRC (and Lilian's Wreath Tiara, of course!).

So that means: If we don't want a Button marathon, not a Fringe marathon neither, nor 4 of the big ones on her head or her small one - she has only 2 to choose from, right? What for a gala is next? And which tiara do we want to see on her head?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Royal Highness

LOL. Yes, Siliva can't wear two tiaras at once but I have a feeling that Silvia likes those two the most (probably because they're the most light weight) so I have a feeling we won't see Victoria in them anytime soon. The Amethyst tiara is alright and she has only worn it a couple of times. I liked the wear she wore it with strapless maroonish-colored dress. The Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara is not very pretty but it's majestic so I have a feeling Victoria will wear more of that in the future (but it looks pretty darn heavy). Princess Lilian seems to adore that Laurel Wreath tiara so I think Victoria will leave that alone too. Now that I look at it, Victoria doesn't have much choice except for the Button, Amethyst, Baden Fringe, and her 18th birthday tiara. And yes, Ms. Griffin, I would be horrified to see Victoria wearing her 18th birthday tiara. Actually, I don't think of it as a tiara as I do a headband. :p
Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I know Cpss Victoria had worn the King Carl XVI tiara as a necklace, but has she ever worn it as a tiara??
Old 03-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
I know Cpss Victoria had worn the King Carl XVI tiara as a necklace, but has she ever worn it as a tiara??
She hasn't yet and I don't think we will because Madeleine seems to covet that tiara. :)
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Majesty

i do not think we will see any new tiaras for a while on victoria as the six botton tiara his new for her

what years did she get the different tiaras
Old 04-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Gentry

Quoting myself here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
So that means: If we don't want a Button marathon, not a Fringe marathon neither, nor 4 of the big ones on her head or her small one - she has only 2 to choose from, right?
And noone corrected me? I forgot the sapphire tiara and the ruby tiara. The first one is worn by Silvia I know, but if she wears it she usually does it for Nobel, is that correct? Hm, maybe still a bit too big for Victoria. And the ruby one? Have to admit to not liking this tiara one bit. Okay back to the Amethyst and Cut Steel tiaras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
And yes, Ms. Griffin, I would be horrified to see Victoria wearing her 18th birthday tiara. Actually, I don't think of as a tiara as I do a headband. :p
Horrified? From the the thread's 1st part, post 155:
Quote:
A military ball at Karlberg in 2003
Nobel Dinner December 11, 2003
Official diner February in 2004
Official diner February in 2005
Somehow not that long ago I'm afraid.

Quote:
What years did she get the different tiaras?
I was wading through this thread and the dresses thread to look for the dates. When I had them I saw the first part for this thread. And there I saw that you already had gathered all the events she wore the tiaras at. Oh well, maybe next time I should open my eyes. Anyway, Victoria wore 6 (out of 15) tiaras as tiaras plus Madeleine's fringe one as a necklace. Here they go:

18th birthday tiara: 14th July 1995
4- buttons tiara: August 1996 (state visit to Finland)
Amethyst tiara: 11th December 2000
Baden Fringe tiara: August 2001
Cut Steel tiara: 29th January 2004 (post 40 of the Gala dresses thread)
6- buttons tiara: 18th January 2005 (the same post)

She could get a new one this year, don't you all agree?

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria