The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Josefine of Leuchtenberg brought the cut steel tiara to Sweden? May I know what your source is?

Actually, the provenance of the cut steel tiara was never explained after Queen Silvia re-discovered the lost piece by accident in the Palace in 1979.
But this year, the Nobel press release from the Palace says that it belonged to Queen Hortense of Holland, born de Beauharnais, Empress Joséphine of France's daughter from her first marriage.
I wonder whether this is true or if the Court made (yet another...) mistake by confusing it with the cameo tiara. The cameo tiara, as it was discovered only this year by a member of the RJWMB, was indeed worn by Queen Hortense, who is shown with it in a miniature painting.
The RJWMB member subsequently informed the Queen's staff at the Palace, who replied that they were very thankful because the info was new to them.
Here is the link to the press release: Kungen delade ut 2010-års Nobelpris - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
At CP Victoria's wedding the court also made a blunder when they mentioned the wrong tiaras for Princess Madeleine and Princess Margretha. Back than they quickly corrected the info on their website. Maybe we should keep an eye on this press release as well.
If it really belonged to Queen Hortense, than I'm dying to know how they found out. Maybe more research on portraits of her has been done?

Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Majesty

No tiara for victoria tonight but the pearl, diamond and ruby brosch from queen josefina

Old 12-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Victoria, December 11

Earrings & Necklace
Old 12-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Thank you marika, this necklace has worn by many ladies in the family,
victoria, madeleine, silvia, christina, lilian and a few more
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Thank you marika, this necklace has worn by many ladies in the family,
victoria, madeleine, silvia, christina, lilian and a few more
The necklace worn by Madeleine: Pic 1 * Pic 2 = > Victoria & Daniel wedding

Close up of the necklace
Old 12-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Courtier

The Swedish royal family has some of the most beautiful jewels I have ever seen!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

This pic shows the Queen Josephine's pearl and ruby brooch in Victoria's hair: http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
I looks nice, imo. Only the combination of ruby hair ornament with sapphire necklace isn't too happy.
The one thing I don't like is the lowering of their jewellery-standards: If this were a black tie event, I'd be very happy to see CP with a nice brooch in her hair. But for a black tie dinner she rather should wear a tiara, imo.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know what you mean Tilla, first Daisy's birthday bash and now this. I don't like this trend. But there is talk an another site that perhaps something went wrong with the tiara. Her hair is styled for a tiara and you can notice a bump where a tiara would go. The Baden Fringe would have made this look!

Oh and I forgot to drool over the Cut Steel tiara. Victoria needs to channel Empress Josephine more often because I thought she was a 10 that night!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Majesty

what are your thoughts about svensk dam new online article on the cu steel tiara
swedish version
Kronprinsessan Victoria bar sitt älsklingsdiadem | Svensk Damtidning
englīsh google version
Kronprinsessan Victoria bar sitt älsklingsdiadem | Svensk Damtidning
Old 12-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Josefine, but 'Svensk Dam Tidning' simply copied the text from the Royal Court's release about Nobel day - see the top of this page.
(SDT seems to constantly copy everything and everyone... particularly their fashion blogger Lotta, and particularly from this Forum here. )
Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Majesty

"sparkle of diamonds and gold" svensk dam says
but the court states there is n o diamonds or gold in this tiara
not the best research
Old 12-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, the cut steel tiara is indeed made of, well, cut steel... set in gilded brass, so at least the 'golden sparkle' would be correct.
I still would love to know whether the connection to Queen Hortense of Holland is a mistake, or the result of new research; Göran Alm says nothing about it in his book about the Bernadotte jewels.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I know what you mean Tilla, first Daisy's birthday bash and now this. I don't like this trend. But there is talk an another site that perhaps something went wrong with the tiara. Her hair is styled for a tiara and you can notice a bump where a tiara would go. The Baden Fringe would have made this look!

Oh and I forgot to drool over the Cut Steel tiara. Victoria needs to channel Empress Josephine more often because I thought she was a 10 that night!
I don't want to be fuzzy, Princejohnny25, but Tilla is another poster on this forums
I agree so much about the cut steel tiara. Imo this is now the 2nd time she got it completely right with this tiara, the first time being last year's Nobel dinner!
But I'm not convinced about the theory that something happened to the tiara before yesterday's dinner. To me the hairstyle looks like it was exactly created for this brooch. And the no-tiara-wearing seems to be a continuation of the last two years tiara policy for this event: in 2008 Victoria wore a diamond necklace, Madeleine wore the Rose brooch; 2009 Madeleine wore the diamond necklace; 2010 Victoria wears the pearl and ruby brooch. This clearly looks like it was all planned. Sigh
Old 12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Victoria's jewellery at the Nobel festivities:

1. December 10, 2010
Close-ups 1
Close-ups 2 - bracelets

2. December 11, 2010
Close-ups 1
Close-ups 2 - bracelet
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Majesty

the pearl bracelets she wore december 10th is it the same as madeleine wore with the red one sholder dress at nobel?
is there a diamond clasp on it?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I really loved the cut steel tiara on Victoria this year! The hairstyle was just perfect to complement it, a timeless regal appearance, IMO.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Majesty

will this be blacktie event?
december 20th
Attendance at the Swedish Academy's formal gathering, the Stock Exchange, Stockholm

i also wondering if she will take part of the estonien state visit, her name is not in the calender but sometimes they do not wright the name but they will attend the dinner or lunch
Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Victoria, December 11

Earrings & Necklace
Detail:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5374/ddf5.jpg
Old 12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1205/79201045.jpg

Victoria looked lovely in the steel cut taira.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Majesty

i were thinking was victoria wearing new earings last night?

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria