Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cameo is one of the most unusual and striking tiaras I've ever seen; a true standout amid the normal headgear with precious stones. Other tiaras, if I may say, are bold in their beauty with flashing gems; this one is more subtle that's better seen closeup so you can see the detail of the cameos. That's where the beauty lies. It suits Victoria so well; she wore it grandly and majestically on her wedding day.

I am not a fan of the Amethyst Tiara.I love the sapphires but not the tiara itself.Plus,placement can be tricky.

I agree. I think it looks too much like a necklace attempting to double as a tiara and the base is very obvious. It just doesn't have a distinctive tiara style to it. But it's gorgeous; I've very partial to amethysts and this parure is magnificent.

Last edited:
I love the amethyst parure. But my favourite "Victoria tiara" is without doubt the baden fringe tiara or "stråldiademet" as we say in Sweden. The cameo tiara was a very good choice fo the wedding but i doubt we will se Victoria wearing it again until she is Queen. I wish the Queen would let her wear the "ruby tiara" or the "connaught tiara" on grand state occasions like weddings, Birthday celebrations or jubilee celebrations when the Queen usually wears the sapphire set, cameo set or the braganza tiara, instead of her more common tiaras the baden fringe tiara, 6 button tiara or the cut steel tiara she always wear to the representation dinners, state visits and the Nobel ceremonies when the Queen usually wears the nine prong tiara, the connaught tiara or the sapphire set.

Last edited:
:previous:
I like most of the Swedish tiaras; mind you the Swedish RF has contributed to the Danish rsp. Norwegian jewellery and there's still plenty left. The only tiara I'm not too keen on is the one worn by Princess Lillian - bless her - with a halo-like arrangement which make it look like a set of dentures;)l And then there's the Connaught: It's a beautiful piece of jewellery, but it looks as if it needs a big coiffed upswept hair to 'sit' properly. Princess Madeleine wore it for Vickan's wedding, and somehow the Connaught didn't look right on her - it was too wide for her hairdo.

viv

Victoria today at the farewell lunch the royal family gave to finnish president Tarja Halonen. Victoria wore a brooch designed by president Halonen. Halonen gave it to Victoria on Victoria´s and Daniel´s visit to Finland in 2010.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7982/vicbrooch.jpg
Queen Silvia has the same brooch, president Halonen gave it to her on the state visit to Finland in 2003. The queen wore the brooch also today.
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/2/21/762249/wj211547v.jpg

I not like it . But pregnancy very nice on CP Victoria :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
That is a very nice brooch on Victoria. I've never seen one structured like that before. I like the pearls on there. They're not overwhelming and a nice delicate touch.

I like the brooch too. I have its twin (from the 1960s). Wore it yesterday. Mine came from France and originally belonged to my Mommy.

Victoria looks wonderful.

I like the swirly design of that brooch. It's so unique!

Earrings are simple and elegant, I always like pearls with navy for some reason!

I realy love that brooch! Unique and beautiful.

I know the crown princess mostly uses jewellery from the royal collection and her own costume jewellery, but she must have a private collection of real jewels so I think we shall make a list of the items that in the next generation will be referred to as Queen Victoria's xxxx. I can not record many but I hope you can help me.

Victoria's small diadem

The pearl necklace she wore at her 18th birthday

Necklace and earrings of coloured gems and pearls (I think it was from Bvlgari)

Diamond brosch from Prince Bertil and Lilian

I quite like this delicate brooch too, she can wear it all day long with almost any outfit!

I believe she received a pearl necklace during her trip to India in 2008. At least that's what I understood from a recent documentary on the Swedish royal family.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I'm surprised at what little fine jewelry she has actually received so far. The future queen consorts of Europe have all received more and better pieces than her, and she's going to be a queen regent!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why she has never worn the Connaught tiara.She has worn it as a necklace though.I don't know why Madeleine has worn it but not Victoria.I hope she will wear it soon!

^ that is so true, I've only seen Queen Silvia and Princess Madeline wear it, I guess the Connaught tiara is not victoria's taste in tiara because she's usually wearing the sunray tiara as they call it.

I wonder why she has never worn the Connaught tiara.She has worn it as a necklace though.
CP Victoria has never worn the Connaught tiara as a necklace.
You're probably thinking of Queen Silvia's modern diamond fringe tiara/necklace, frequently seen on Princess Madeleine, which Victoria wore as necklace a couple of times several years ago.

Hi, Boris. Sorry to disagree, but Victoria did wear the pendants that appear in the forget-me-not loops of the Connaught tiara on a chain to Joachim and Marie's wedding. Madeleine has also done so in the past. You are correct in pointing out, however, that Victoria has never worn the entire tiara removed from its frame as a necklace. Based on what I have seen in photographs, only two women, Queen Silvia and the original owner CP Margaret, have done so.

:previous::previous:
Hi, Boris. Sorry to disagree, but Victoria did wear the pendants that appear in the forget-me-not loops of the Connaught tiara on a chain to Joachim and Marie's wedding. Madeleine has also done so in the past. .
That sounds very beautiful. Do you happen to have any images of them wearing the pendants handy? Or I could look up J & M's wedding pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom