The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

For all the fears over Victoria wearing the Cameo Tiara, she certainly proved them/us all wrong today, didn't she?

She looked absolutely glorious today and overflowing w/happiness. Also did the Tiara really excellent justice too.

BTW...I collect Cameos, but it's only a small collection. Anytime the Swedish Royals want a good home to go to that set, I'm willing and waiting!!

Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

I have never been too fond of the cameo tiara, but Victoria managed to look wonderful with it! Much better than Silvia at her wedding. But maybe I'm too young to appreciate the 70's taste.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Nobility

I cant get over how lovely & happy Victoria and Daniel look. The cameo tiara really fits Victoria well. She certainly looks alot like her mother did at her wedding 34 yrs ago! Congratulations to the wedding couple.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Gentry

I think that the dress Victoria chose went much better with the Cameo Tiara. For some reason, at The King and Queen's wedding, it just didn't look right. But Victoria pulled it off beautifully. All the Swedish ladies looked amazing.

Annamarie
Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Courtier

I was one of those who were very scared about her choosing the cameo tiara. But she was just great in it! Probably wearing also the necklace would have made the outfit too heavy..
Old 06-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I have never been too fond of the cameo tiara, but Victoria managed to look wonderful with it! Much better than Silvia at her wedding. But maybe I'm too young to appreciate the 70's taste.
Q Silvia looked gorgeous wearing that same Cameo tiara on her wedding day. She has a less angular face than Victoria, although both made beautiful brides and at times yesterday Victoria looked like her mother did on her own wedding day.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness

It's a quite big tiara, but CP pull it well. I like side views of the tiara. The color goes well with the dress. I'm glad to see cameo earrings and bracelet too.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I was one of those who had guessed right. But I was also surprised to see how regal the Cameo Tiara looked on Victoria! The whole cameo set looked wonderful actually! And I'm glad she didn't wear a necklace or pendant - she would have ruined the effect of the beautiful neckline of her wedding dress IMO.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Commoner

I loved how the cameo tiara looked on Victoria. It fits her. maybe it fit Empress Josephine that way too? Too bad Hello magazine wasn't around then so we could get a comparison!

All I know is...I WANT THAT BRACELET!!! Seriously, if I see one that looks like that I'd buy a copy.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

the bracelet is lovely :)

a picture of the bracelet and wedding rings of victoria http://gfx2.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multi...n_1219544l.jpg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Royal Highness

I was firmly in the 'Anything But The Cameo' columnas I don't think it's the prettiest one in the vault. However I can appreciate her wanting to continue on with the family tradition. Not so much with the tiara, but I think the earrings and the bracelet looked very nice with the bridal gown.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I thought the arrow diamond brooch (I think) looked really pretty in the hair.
I loved the earrings, yes they were big but they were nice big. I have not seen the family use them before, its good its out now and hopefully we will see it more.
For the pre-wedding concert, CP Victoria indeed wore the historic Bernadotte diamond arrow brooch in her hair. It has been worn only two times during the past 34 years by Queen Silvia, both times also as hair ornament.

Her bracelet is part of the Bernadotte collection as well, a favorite of Queen Silvia who frequently wears it.

The very large earrings are among the oldest royal Swedish pieces. They date back to the year 1774, when the Vasa dynasty was still reigning, before the Bernadottes.
Their sudden re-appearance now is something of a mystery, as they have not been worn for at least a century.
The most likely scenario is that they left the main branch of the family long ago and were bought back now by The King - either to add to the collection or as a wedding gift to his eldest daughter.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Boris, as always thanks for all your information!!! I would love to own that arrow brooch, what a piece. Along with the earrings and bracelet of course.hehe
Old 06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Bracelet & Ring

http://i48.tinypic.com/10opch0.jpg
Old 06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

How often has the Cameo tiara worn at other events such as the Nobel prize etc - will we now see Victoria use this tiara more now that she is married?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia has frequently worn the cameo parure throughout the years, for the Nobel Prize and other gala occasions.
Who knows if CP Victoria is going to start wearing it on a regular basis now as well...
I'd actually like it if the 'something special' about her wearing it only as a bride would be preserved for now, and that Queen Silvia would continue to wear it, maybe after waiting for a year or so.
The feel of the whole parure smacks more of a Queen Consort than a Crown Princess for me.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Majesty

victoria has worn 8 different "tiaras"
  • her 18th birthday tiara
  • 4 button tiara
  • 6 button tiara
  • ametyst cirkel tiara
  • baden fringe tiara
  • cut steel tiara
  • 2 row Diamond Rivières as a tiara
  • cameo tiara
Old 07-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
Both pieces are magnificent! Is the bracelet part of the Cameo parure?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Both pieces are magnificent! Is the bracelet part of the Cameo parure?
Yes it is and also the earrings worn by Victoria on her Wedding Day.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for confirming this, Stefan! Then I suppose the above photo was taken on her Wedding Day.

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria