Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tiara looks so odd to me.:ermm: I always disliked the combination of silver or white gold and yellow gold in the same jewel anyway...
There is no combination 'of silver or white gold and yellow gold' in the tiara.
The Napoleonic cut steel tiara is made of (surprise:) cut steel, very delicately cut in flower and ears of wheat motifs, highly polished and set in gilded brass.

This tiara looks so odd to me.:ermm: I always disliked the combination of silver or white gold and yellow gold in the same jewel anyway...

the cut s
the tiara growns on me, i do like it a lot, i would love to se the rest of the set up close.

I think the cut steel tiara looked strange on Princess Christina, ok on Queen Silvia and simply stunning on CP Victoria. In one of the articles about the last Nobel awards I read that it is Victoria's favourite. She would like to wear it more often, but only used it scarcely because the old tiara is very delicate. Unfortunately I don't find the article anymore, but maybe someone else rembembers it? I wonder how much truth there is behind this story. After all the tiara has also been worn by Princess Christina from time to time. So I can't be that delicate.

There is no combination 'of silver or white gold and yellow gold' in the tiara.
The Napoleonic cut steel tiara is made of (surprise:) cut steel, very delicately cut in flower and ears of wheat motifs, highly polished and set in gilded brass.

I am surprised indeed. Who would have thought of that? ;)
Still, the colour combination remains the same - I'm sure you understand how I mean it - which leaves me indifferent. It's not the ugliest tiara I've seen though.:flowers:

I'm definitely in the 'pro' camp here - IMO the tiara is lovely and the one which suits CP Victoria best, along with the Baden Fringe.
Interestingly, the immense glitter of the piece doesn't come across very well in photos, but in TV footage it does - it makes quite a difference.

Queen Silvia also wears the tiara well IMO; here's a pic from over 20 years ago from a state visit to Iceland (with the colors coming out too cold, unfortunately), when the Queen wore the tiara with the matching earrings and the choker in cut steel.
Silvia wore the matching jewels from the set only very rarely, and CP Victoria never, so far:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7241/cutsteel9.jpg

I rather adore the Cut Steel tiara on Victoria, I think it was made for her! It just glows with her hair colour, skin tone, and brown eyes. I wish she would start to wear the earrings as well. I'm not to keen on the choker though. Q.Silv managed to pull it off but it feel it wouldn't work on our Victoria.

I loved seeing the steel cut tira "live" in the above video- would like to know how exactly something like this masterpiece was made- the craftsmanship is amazing!

Princess Victoria in Abu Dhabi. January 17, 2011

Earrings

i was not sure, and no real stones in these.

i do hope for one item of jewllery in 2011 wich will give us something to talk about

in 2010, we got to see the cameo tiara on victoria for the first time, with earings and braclet, new grand earings and thw arrow brosch, what will give us a hype this year.

jewllery e have not seen in a few years
victorias 18th birthday tiara (in the voults it should be kept)
and her necklace with pink and blue stones. (more for a young girl not a grown up)

hope she will get some huge bling gifts from the country she is visiting :D

I like the pearl and Black Markosite (sp) earrings-

in Dubai, 19-01-2011
earrings
Very beautiful, I love them.

Me too, they are fantastic!! I also like her simple pearl earrings posted by dbarn67. Real stuff suits her more, IMO. She's been wearing ugly costume jewellery way too often lately.:cool:

does anyone have close up of the gold leaf yearing she wore this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom