The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

The diamond bandeau reminds me very much of the diamond necklace which CP Victoria wore in her hair for the 2008 Nobel Dinner. http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
Only that it works much better on the new picture. The look is really beautiful.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The diamond bandeau reminds me very much of the diamond necklace which CP Victoria wore in her hair for the 2008 Nobel Dinner. http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
Yes, I think it's actually the same.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's most likely the same.
Not a bandeau in a permanent setting, but one of the long diamond collet necklaces from the Bernadotte collection (which are rarely worn these days) put on two velvet bands in CP Victoria's hair color - placed further apart at last year's Nobel 'Day After' Palace gala, closer together and more precisely here. The hairband style suits her very well.
The other photo might indicate the end of any hopes for the rosette ('button') tiaras to be reset any time soon. I doubt that an official portrait featuring this tiara would be taken if Victoria stopped to wear it in its present form afterwards.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Crown Princess Victoria with the Diamond button tiara
http://i48.tinypic.com/2qnxu1v.jpg source: Svensk Dam
I have to say, this is the best I've seen the buttons looking. I think that the hairstyle really works well against the tiara. And, I know that many are complaining about the gown--I like it. I think it is a wonderful photo of the future Queen of Sweden.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the gown too. What is the story behind the button tiara. I keep hearing it has sentimental and historical value but I have no idea why?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Sweden | Diadem - Diamand Buttons of the Queen Luisa-Ulrika

great, fantastic, and amazing website. It gives good info on the buttons. I didn't love them until I learned more about them--they're very old and are beautiful. I think they are unique and I enjoy seeing them.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit that they were not on my favourite list until I had seen Victoria wear them, especially the 6 Button, with her fabulous dark hair. They look very dramatic and are definitely an acquired taste, like fine wine or chocolate!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Nobel Prize 2009:

Victoria wearing the Diamond Button Tiara
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ZHd9I/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...sF0vn/610x.jpg

Old 12-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Victoria looked so wonderful this evening.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

The purple dress would have been ideal for the amethyst tiara, so I am quite a bit disappointed to see the six buttons tiara once again. Especially after just releasing an official picture with this tiara, she should have gone for the complete amethyst look. But the necklace, earrings and brooch looked stunning on her.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I completely agree. She should have completed the look with the tiara.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree with you both, princess gertrude & Tilia C. What a pity... Amethysts belong to my favourite gemstones and it would have been an uber-perfect look for me if she had chosen the tiara as well. However, it's lovely to see the necklace, earrings and brooch, simply stunning!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Nobility

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm actually glad that Victoria didn't wear the amethyst tiara. With all ofthe other purple going on, it would have gotten lost in the color. And since she has been wearing the 6-button tiara better and better, I think it was a wise choice. The design of the gown with the shoulder embellishment required something more substantial than either the amethyst or even the Baden Fringe.

On a side note, I'm so disappointed that Madde was immediately pegged for her mother's tiara all these years. She looks fantastic and wears the 4-button much better than her sister has. It looks as good or better than when her aunts wore it.

I wonder if Victoria was soooooo attached to it that she didn't want to let Madeleine wear it....OR did some sort of weird tiara protocol cause Queen Silvia to intervene and suggest to Victoria that Madeleine looked more impressive wearing the 6-button? Any thoughts or opinions?

Rascal
Old 12-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Maybe she is saving it for a v special occation
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Ohh, I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you really imagine the amethysts worn by a bride? Too much colour to go with white gown an lace veil, I would say
Old 12-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Nobility

No, it would not be my choise for a wedding... and Im a huge fan of the camé tiara and really hope that tiara is Victorias choise...but you never know! Victoria wore the amethyst tiara together v an almoust white gown in Denmark 2007 and it looked great!
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Well, imo you can every colour stone with a white dress, as long as it is not a wedding dress! But you are right, you never know. Actually I keep my finger's crossed for the Connaught tiara. Both cameo and connaught tiara have not appeared tonight. So I think they are the strongest contenders for the wedding tiara.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Nobility

Agree agree, the Connaught tiara is a really strong card when it comes to weddings... It looked great on princess Christina at her wedding!! (and I guess there is a forum for this subject...) And as you said: maybe we can count on that the tiaras that appeared tonight, we will NOT see at the weddings next year (?)
Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you. It was good to see a more neutral tiara being used, given the strong colour of the dress and all the other jewels.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm glad she wore the 6 button tiara, but I would have liked her to wear the Baden Fringe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
Victoria wore the amethyst tiara together v an almoust white gown in Denmark 2007 and it looked great!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/05100733.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/05100736.jpg

This is the event with the white dress and amethyst tiara.
I think it would look wonderful for a wedding dress.

Tags
crown princess victoria, jewellery, princess victoria, victoria