Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the fears over Victoria wearing the Cameo Tiara, she certainly proved them/us all wrong today, didn't she?

She looked absolutely glorious today and overflowing w/happiness. Also did the Tiara really excellent justice too.

BTW...I collect Cameos, but it's only a small collection. Anytime the Swedish Royals want a good home to go to that set, I'm willing and waiting!! :D ;)

I have never been too fond of the cameo tiara, but Victoria managed to look wonderful with it! Much better than Silvia at her wedding. But maybe I'm too young to appreciate the 70's taste.

I cant get over how lovely & happy Victoria and Daniel look. The cameo tiara really fits Victoria well. She certainly looks alot like her mother did at her wedding 34 yrs ago! Congratulations to the wedding couple.

I think that the dress Victoria chose went much better with the Cameo Tiara. For some reason, at The King and Queen's wedding, it just didn't look right. But Victoria pulled it off beautifully. All the Swedish ladies looked amazing.

I was one of those who were very scared about her choosing the cameo tiara. But she was just great in it! Probably wearing also the necklace would have made the outfit too heavy..

I have never been too fond of the cameo tiara, but Victoria managed to look wonderful with it! Much better than Silvia at her wedding. But maybe I'm too young to appreciate the 70's taste.

Q Silvia looked gorgeous wearing that same Cameo tiara on her wedding day. She has a less angular face than Victoria, although both made beautiful brides and at times yesterday Victoria looked like her mother did on her own wedding day.:flowers:

It's a quite big tiara, but CP pull it well. I like side views of the tiara. The color goes well with the dress. I'm glad to see cameo earrings and bracelet too.

I was one of those who had guessed right. But I was also surprised to see how regal the Cameo Tiara looked on Victoria! The whole cameo set looked wonderful actually! And I'm glad she didn't wear a necklace or pendant - she would have ruined the effect of the beautiful neckline of her wedding dress IMO. :flowers:

I loved how the cameo tiara looked on Victoria. It fits her. maybe it fit Empress Josephine that way too? Too bad Hello magazine wasn't around then so we could get a comparison!

All I know is...I WANT THAT BRACELET!!! Seriously, if I see one that looks like that I'd buy a copy.

I was firmly in the 'Anything But The Cameo' columnas I don't think it's the prettiest one in the vault. However I can appreciate her wanting to continue on with the family tradition. Not so much with the tiara, but I think the earrings and the bracelet looked very nice with the bridal gown.

I thought the arrow diamond brooch (I think) looked really pretty in the hair.
I loved the earrings, yes they were big but they were nice big. I have not seen the family use them before, its good its out now and hopefully we will see it more.
For the pre-wedding concert, CP Victoria indeed wore the historic Bernadotte diamond arrow brooch in her hair. It has been worn only two times during the past 34 years by Queen Silvia, both times also as hair ornament.

Her bracelet is part of the Bernadotte collection as well, a favorite of Queen Silvia who frequently wears it.

The very large earrings are among the oldest royal Swedish pieces. They date back to the year 1774, when the Vasa dynasty was still reigning, before the Bernadottes.
Their sudden re-appearance now is something of a mystery, as they have not been worn for at least a century.
The most likely scenario is that they left the main branch of the family long ago and were bought back now by The King - either to add to the collection or as a wedding gift to his eldest daughter.

Boris, as always thanks for all your information!!! I would love to own that arrow brooch, what a piece. Along with the earrings and bracelet of course.hehe

How often has the Cameo tiara worn at other events such as the Nobel prize etc - will we now see Victoria use this tiara more now that she is married?

Queen Silvia has frequently worn the cameo parure throughout the years, for the Nobel Prize and other gala occasions.
Who knows if CP Victoria is going to start wearing it on a regular basis now as well...
I'd actually like it if the 'something special' about her wearing it only as a bride would be preserved for now, and that Queen Silvia would continue to wear it, maybe after waiting for a year or so.
The feel of the whole parure smacks more of a Queen Consort than a Crown Princess for me.

victoria has worn 8 different "tiaras"

• her 18th birthday tiara
  • 4 button tiara
  • 6 button tiara
  • ametyst cirkel tiara
  • baden fringe tiara
  • cut steel tiara
  • 2 row Diamond Rivières as a tiara
  • cameo tiara

Thank you for confirming this, Stefan!:flowers: Then I suppose the above photo was taken on her Wedding Day.;)

victorias tupaz necklace has anyone found out the story about it?

Cut-steel choker is actually bracelets

I don't think that there are any pictures of former Swedish royal ladies wearing the cut steel tiara.
In fact, as you probably know, the tiara was 'misplaced', meaning lost and forgotten, for a long time until it was re-discovered by Queen Silvia in the late 1970s - in some dusty old cupboard in Stockholm Palace and by sheer coincidence.
The tiara is Napoleonic and probably came to Sweden through Queen Josefina, but after that, its history is something of a riddle.
There is also a choker necklace and earrings in cut-steel matching the tiara, so it's actually a whole parure, but Queen Silvia has worn the complete set only two times in thirty years.

The necklace is rather cumbersome though and, in contrast to the tiara, not that beautiful; in all these years, Queen Silvia has worn the complete parure only twice. Still, I hope we will see the whole set worn again one day.

Hi, Boris and anyone else who may follow this thread. I was looking back through my archives specifically for the times where Silvia wore the entire cut-steel parure. The 2007 representation dinner shows her wearing the tiara, earrings, and a choker. This seems to be the same choice as the 1987 visit to Iceland (pics show more sparkle on the earrings and necklace btw). Both times she was wearing long sleeves so we can't see any bracelets. After I looked back further to the 1979 visit to Austria, it appears to me that the choker necklace she subsequently wore is actually made by joining the two bracelets (similar to the method she used with the amethyst parure redesign). In the 1979 pictures, she is wearing a sleeveless gown which although further away show a substantial cuff-style bracelets. In addition the necklace she wears is not a choker but more like a torque-style necklace - wide and flat - and only resting on the top of her shoulders. It does not extend up her neck as in the more recent photos. Every reference to the parure includes tiara, earrings, necklace and bracelets, but the 1979 pictures are the only ones where all are visible. I am convinced, especially as the "choker" in 2007 does not fit properly, that the 1987 and 2007 necklace is the joining of the two bracelets.

This would mean that the entire parure has only been worn once...the first time in 1979 (unless Silvia redesigned the old necklace into two bracelets), and the parure minus the necklace but with the bracelets formed into a choker has been worn twice - in 1987 and 2007.

Any thoughts?

This was interesting Rascal!
And hereis a video from Nobel 2004 where you can see Victoria in the steel cut tiara. In pictuers it looks kind of boring (non sparkling) but it has a lovely glimmering "live". At 0.40 and 2.43 here

Thanks for the post, Soli Deo Gloria! I am always fascinated to see live footage of any royals, but particularly the Swedish Royal Family as I follow them the most. In still photos and during the Nobel ceremony they usually seem so reserved and sometimes serious. But during the banquet footage and with a great portion of the recent wedding clips, they all seem so much more open and lively. In this clip Carl-Philip and Victoria both seem so animated and outgoing in their conversations with their respective dinner partners.

And you,re right...still photos of the steel tiara do not do it justice. It does sparkle more than I expected and actually looks in the clip like it is set with small diamonds. Excellent craftmanship on the steel facets to give it this bling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really fond of the cut-steel tiara. It is a marvel of metalwork. When you can get a hunk of metal to look like it has diamonds, that is the epitomy of craft (and deception -- LOL)!

if i have cropped the Original images can i then post it here?
thinking of the photo from 1979 when she wears the cut steel tiara

on a other note
i wonder if victoria has jewlley from her cousin oscar magnusson
he has designed for Court Jeweller W.A. Bolin

this is a video from svt you can see all years victoria took part of the nobels

Hi, Josefine. I looked at the Bolin site and reviewed the items Oscar designed for them. I really liked some of them and some seem like the type of thing Victoria might wear. She hasn't yet worn any publicly, so we don't know for sure.

BTW, both Oscar's girlfriend, Emma Ledent, and the prime minister's wife, Filippa Reinfeldt, wore earrings that Oscar designed on the day of the wedding.

Thanks for the video link, Josefine. I had not seen this clip before. It really is amazing how much better the jewelry looks in "real-life" or in "live" video. Even the 4-button tiara looks quite good, although Victoria's 18th birthday tiara, while it looked good on her is still so small and has such small stones it doesn't really sparkle.

BTW, as you and Boris have provided so much information that IMO you are the experts on the Swedish jewels, what are your thoughts concerning my post on the cut-steel parure? Is the choker actually the two bracelets and is there another piece - the necklace - which has only been seen the one time in 1979?

Thanks again for the video link and for all your posts :flowers:.

Rascal

I leave this one for boris
i am not a expert but more a colector of information and pics.
We also got Mia who seems to know great deal

Rascal, you have a great eye for detail and you're almost correct regarding the cut steel parure:
When Queen Silvia wore it for the first time after the 'misplaced' tiara was re-discovered (state visit to Austria, 1979), the piece which is now worn as a choker was worn by her as two identical, wide bracelets.
On this occasion, she wore a necklace exactly as described by you in post #382, which I have never seen again.

The 'almost correct' concerns the earrings she wore for that dinner: Not the cut-steel earrings belonging to the parure, but small diamond hoop earrings which she has owned since before her marriage.
AS the cut steel pieces were subsequently worn in the combination of tiara, bracelets joined to form a choker, and matching earrings, the full parure was actually never worn - IF the 1979 necklace does belong to it, that is.

Queen Silvia wore the cut steel tiara on several more occasions, but always combined with diamond necklaces, or with the cut-steel earrings but no necklace.
CP Victoria never wore a matching piece from the set, only the tiara.

Thanks for the reply, Boris. I noticed the similarity to the round diamond earrings from the 1979 pictures but thought it might just be the way the light picked up on them, so basically I assumed they were the same ones as the other two times she wore the set because those earrings are about the same size as the diamond ones, although they are not "hollow" in the middle.

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I'm uncomfortable with making a statement of fact about such things and prefer the discussion of more experienced followers such as yourself and Josefine (as well as Mia, hope to hear from you as well).

Just as with this situation, I have several other things that are nagging at me and will try my best to research as much as I can before posting my questions (although I seem to run into dead-ends as my questions are about really insignificant things and tend to not have a lot of background material...LOL).

Thanks all again for helping me with my questions. :)

Rascal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom